randompenguin
11-18-2005, 07:41 AM
My school has only been around for a little while, so nobody's died before. But last night, this guy named Clete was driving home from basketball practice (he's 16) and a drunk guy hit his car head-on. He wasn't even recognizable afterwards. Nobody thought he'd survive last night, but he's still alive. Please pray for a miracle, whether Clete lives or dies, so that it at least happened for a purpose. I don't know him very well, but his sister Alie is a very very sweet girl so just pray for her and her whole family. Thank you so much for this forum where I can post stuff like this. :)

eternity
11-18-2005, 08:37 AM
Oh how rough!!! :o Will definitely keep the family and Clete in my prayers...

frymeskillet
11-18-2005, 09:04 AM
Wow, thats horrible. i think our school is cursed we've had a person (almost all seniors) die in car accidents three years in a row ( not in the last two years though). and a teacher died of something else. but anyway, i will definitely pray for Clete and his family. God bless!

-Savannah-

randompenguin
11-18-2005, 10:59 AM
Well, it is final...he did die. But please please keep praying for his family!!! Alie's dad is a pastor, but I think everyone's faith is under attack. Just pray for God's glory in this, no matter what. And I'm crying (I almost never cry) so just pray for me too. Pray for everyone in our school. We are a really small christian school, so they actually closed school for it. Like I said, we've never lost a student before, and all the teachers are really sad. It's a lot of praying, but thanks so much!!!

theelectric3
11-18-2005, 11:09 AM
the beautiful thing about God is that He is still on the throne. we have faith in the God who never changes.

so why did he die? God's ways and thoughts are higher and better than our own. but He is still a wonderful God. He sees the bigger picture.

may God be glorified and honored through clete's family and church in this time. and may the God of all comfort embrace them in this time as they are grieving.

drumchick101
11-21-2005, 11:38 AM
I'll pray for the family and your school n such. I give my deepest sympathies.

><sarah><

shorty
11-21-2005, 12:02 PM
i will be praying for them. in my 4 years in high school there was 10 people that died in someway. it was very rough. some of them were my friends but others wernt but it was still hard to deal with. i will be praying for your school mates as well as the kids family and friends.

randompenguin
11-21-2005, 01:46 PM
Hey everybody, thanks for your prayers and replying to this thread! In all honesty, I didn't know if any of you would (but now I know better :) ) The funeral was today, and it was really amazing. As I said, Clete's dad is a pastor, and once Clete had mentioned that he wanted his dad to preach at his funeral (if he was still around) He also requested bagpipes, which were rather interesting. I honestly didn't think that Dr. Childs could preach his own son's funeral, but he did so well. It was the realest funeral I've ever seen. You could really tell that God was answering everyone's prayers, because he seemed so secure in the Lord's comfort that we would see Clete again someday. God also came through with a few small blessings: Both Dr. Childs' and Alie's last words to him before the accident were "I love you." It's amazing how God can come through, isn't it? And it's also helped me reevaluate things in my own life. It's like you people said, God is sovereign, and even though He doesn't always why He does something, He still knows what He's doing. Our God is the best. Period.

shorty
11-22-2005, 10:48 AM
im glad to hear that things went so well at the funeral. that is awesome that his dad did the funeral, it must of been very hard on him to do that. that is totally awesome how their last words to him were that they loved him. atleast when he left this world he knew that he was loved! :)