shayling
11-19-2005, 08:43 PM
man eventhough i am a bit brown i feel like my whole face is red (b/c i have been crying). well b4 i was saved i was bisexual thinking of being a lesbian. these past few weeks i have been strugling with it and it seems like i am in a bad possition now. b/c it seems that all the men i love end up hurting me. my dad does not call me and i call him all the time. i have forgivin him, but it is hard to stay in a spirit of forgivness when the person just keeps hurting you. i have been saved for like 4 years and i have had a life changing encounter with God, but recently things have not been so good. this guy that i have liked for a long time and have grown to basically be in love with him has been a total jerk recently. i mean, b/c he is talking to all these unsaved girls that seem a bit slutty, eventhough we have not been romancing (dont know any other way to say it) for about 6 months i still find myself greatly atached to him and a bit jealous. the odd thing is that we never kissed or anything like that ever, but i am connected with him. we use to be best friends and now its like he basically hates me and i am trying my hardist to stay strong and not grieve the Holy Spirit with unforgivness. i dont know why, but i am really attached to him maybe b/c we have been on and off for 4 yrs, i really love him and everytime i try to talk things out with him he acts like a jerk. i dont know what to do. b/c right now it seems like he is the only guy that i would ever want to be with. this past week i was already feeling kind of wierd about girls and things and we got into a fight or whatever. it could not of happened at a more perfect time for him to say and act the meanist he could (i am being sarcastic). now i feel like i should just give up and go back to my old life style b/c there are no christain guys around here, but on the other hand i cant stray away form God b/c he has become the center of my life.
please pray for me!
:afro: :azn: :)

as~i~lay~dying
11-20-2005, 08:10 AM
i will pray....but i think you need to stop looking for a guy and focus on your relationship with God let God bring a guy to YOU! and he will bring the most aewosme guy that will never leave you~~DO NOT go back to your old lifestyle! wait for God..when you are obedient to Him He will do amazing things! =)

drumchick101
11-20-2005, 07:25 PM
My father is much like yours. Always putting other things and people before me and my sister and making it seem like he doesn't care about his own flesh and blood. I have forgiven him, but yes, he continues to do what he seems to do. The hard thing is that I love him so much...but you if he is not being a father than you cannot not rely on him completly to be such.

Let God be your Dad. There are certain things a girl needs from her father and it seems that you father hasn't given you those things. Let God give you those things. Let God call you a princess and tell you how beautiful you are. Yes, these are things that every girl needs to hear at least once. Once He fills the "dad gap" a lot of things that you thought were conpletly unrelated will be changed for the better. Letting God be my Dad has changed my life, I pray that it can change yours as well.

About the guy...tell him how you feel. Does he know how you feel? Have you actually just come out and said it instead of assuming he knows? This is not a shot to guys, but they usually don't pick up hints unless you just tell them because they do not think like we do. Pray for him.

But, like Jess said, perhaps God wants you to focus on Him. As much as I say that, I understand that that is jsut about the hardest thing you could do right now. I understand that this is something that you can't just "let go" very easily. Pray about the whole situation. Ask God to show you if He wants you to be with this guy. Despite how hard it may be to hear the answer "no" in this case, if that's what God says to do & you follow it...I can promise you will not regret it because He has something awsome planned for you. I'll pray for you.

><sarah><

theelectric3
11-20-2005, 09:54 PM
jessica and sarah gave some great advice...so i echo what they said.

the most important thing you can do right now is seek Jesus. develop the relationship with your Heavenly Father who will never forget you (you are the apple of His eye).

some healing needs to take place before you go into a relationship. there are godly men out there but God needs to be your number one priority in life - not hooking up with a guy. i know it can get lonely and the longing to be loved and desire. but remember, Jesus gave His all because of His love and desire for you. no one else ever has, or ever will, beat His demonstration of love for you. :)

you are very precious and special to Him.

shayling
11-22-2005, 01:11 PM
thanx you guys that was really encouraging, my friend told me the same thing, and we prayed. not surprisingly everything has gotten better. the guy and i are friends again and my pastor and his wife prayed for me and i feel better. so yeah, thanx again and God bless.

deadb4dawn
11-22-2005, 01:33 PM
i will pray....but i think you need to stop looking for a guy and focus on your relationship with God let God bring a guy to YOU! and he will bring the most aewosme guy that will never leave you~~DO NOT go back to your old lifestyle! wait for God..when you are obedient to Him He will do amazing things! =)

i agree with you. on a girls retreat that i just whent to last weekend, one of the sponcers said that for the longest time in her life she just looked for the guy she was going to spend the rest of her life with. and she said that just one day, god ask her, "what if i want you to be single all your life?" and that made her think. and now she has stopped looking for guys and is going to let god bring one to her if he wants to. i mean like its a good thing that u got ur eyes set one a person but what if god is asking you the same question? would you want to believe it? or just do what u want to do?

Cornflake
11-22-2005, 01:42 PM
About the guy...tell him how you feel. Does he know how you feel? Have you actually just come out and said it instead of assuming he knows? This is not a shot to guys, but they usually don't pick up hints unless you just tell them because they do not think like we do. Pray for him.

><sarah><

Actually, we are all scared of girls, and we just almost always assume the girl doesn't like us, or the girl seems to drop mixed hints. We get confused, so we either go all or nothing.

deadb4dawn
11-22-2005, 04:26 PM
Actually, we are all scared of girls, and we just almost always assume the girl doesn't like us, or the girl seems to drop mixed hints. We get confused, so we either go all or nothing.
awh... thats cute. well, i think that u shouldnt be scared. if u think the girl likes you, ask her. you dont have to make it aveise, like you can be like playn around and be like, "man you akt like u like me." but say it in a playfull voice. and then look at her face. there are differant ways that the face show emotioin. like if she dosen't say anything back and dosent look at u after u say it that means she dose. just look for things like that and your be all good. were not as confussing as u think.

as~i~lay~dying
11-22-2005, 05:01 PM
thanx you guys that was really encouraging, my friend told me the same thing, and we prayed. not surprisingly everything has gotten better. the guy and i are friends again and my pastor and his wife prayed for me and i feel better. so yeah, thanx again and God bless.
awesome!! :D

drumchick101
11-22-2005, 05:35 PM
God is so good isn't He?? It never stops amazing me how He takes care of things.

alright, alright, I'll admit it, it is cute. But ya, its a very good idea to be scared of us in general, there are so many crappy girls out there! But (even though I'm not trying to get guys to like me) I try to be a girl that guys don't have to be scared of & most of them just think I'm weird but I don't care...that jsut weeds out the bad ones. (this is going off topic really fast so I'll stop there...)

><sarah><

theelectric3
11-22-2005, 06:45 PM

\0/ that is wonderful! so glad to hear you are doing better. :)

shayling
12-06-2005, 01:19 PM
yeah and you know something else, i think that something good is going to happen b/c i have been under a lot of attack, b/c that thing that was going on that you guys already know about and my family has been throwing bombs at me about wanting to go to the school of supernatural in redding, but after church the sound man came up to me and gave me some encouraging words and it was really nice. i feel so much better and i was playing my guitar for like at home and hour and i worshiped God and i felt so refreshed. i think that me being on the bball team and watching so much t.v was affecting me, b/c i was having less fellowship with christians and getting more worldly influence, but everything is great. i am so happy now and thanx for praying for me i really needed it and i really appreciate it. God bless and if you guys think of me then pray for me b/c i need as much as i can get.