cute*sweetie*18
11-24-2005, 04:50 PM
ok so i am having a ton of trouble with this lately but why,why do u always take ur frustrations out on the ones u love?I heard this saying once your kind to strangers yet you are mean to the ones closest to you,its something like that,anyways it just makes me feel awful cuz i dont even mean to so when i try not to i just get quiet and then pple still think something is wrong with me but im just trying not to be mean not that im always mean or anything,its just sometimes pple get on my nerves so ya i dont know but if any of u ever feel like this or have anything to say let me know.

bob
11-24-2005, 09:41 PM
It's because those you love are there for that reason. They can handle the worst you can give them. I know it sounds crummy, but that is how it goes. A good friend is always there not always for words, but to just be there. When Job had all of his family killed and everything he possessed destroyed, his friends were there and for a week they just sat there and said nothing. That's what being a friend is all about.

yamaha_250cc
11-25-2005, 09:36 AM
yes, i know exactly how you feel. however, that is true, that your friends are there for you during those times when you're sooo mad and just want to vent, they're there to listen to you and even if you do get mad at them and don't really mean it...it's okay, b/c they will always love you no matter what happens, that's why (i think) it's easier for us to get mad at them instead of those that we aren't really close with b/c of that reason. wow, idk if that made sense or not, but i hope you get the point. ;)

TheFireBreathes
11-25-2005, 10:17 AM
I do the same thing. I absolutlely hate it when my mom tells me to do something thats out of my way. But I dont really mind if say someone else not in my family asked me to do a favor. My family, especially my siblings tend to criticize and argue with anything I say. So sometimes when were at reatraunts Im just like ok screw this Im just going to be quiet and there will be no porblems. Nope. Then my family is like "why are you always in such a bad mood, you never talk." And I just get even more angry

Cornflake
11-25-2005, 10:53 AM
I do the same thing. I absolutlely hate it when my mom tells me to do something thats out of my way. But I dont really mind if say someone else not in my family asked me to do a favor.

Yeah thats me too.

drumchick101
11-25-2005, 11:27 AM
Ya, that's me as well. I hate it so much & have been trying to improve, but it has still been slow going. All I can say is...grace.

><sarah><

panhead_91
11-25-2005, 04:35 PM
I do the same thing. I absolutlely hate it when my mom tells me to do something thats out of my way. But I dont really mind if say someone else not in my family asked me to do a favor. My family, especially my siblings tend to criticize and argue with anything I say. So sometimes when were at reatraunts Im just like ok screw this Im just going to be quiet and there will be no porblems. Nope. Then my family is like "why are you always in such a bad mood, you never talk." And I just get even more angry
That is so me!!

drumchick101
11-25-2005, 07:14 PM
I have a question for all you married folk...

Do you do that with your spouses? I suppose you do, but it seems that it shouldn't be as bad seeing as though it's someone you've chosen to spend the rest of your life with and you're compadable with them. Me and my mom are at odds sometimes because our personalities clash so much. We are just so different and our differences don't mix well many times. I was just wondering if this gets a little better when you get married :-\. This is somthing I hate so much. I try so hard to be good to my mom but it doesn't always work out.

><sarah><

weebird20
11-28-2005, 03:54 AM
they will always love you no matter what happens, that's why (i think) it's easier for us to get mad at them instead of those that we aren't really close with b/c of that reason.

Liz i totally agree with that....i think ur right.....deep inside you know that they love you and that no matter what you may say to them, they will still love you...my sister used to be extremely nasty to my mum when she was younger...they would argue and she would say really terrible things to my mum and they wud both end up in tears....yet my mum could feel only love for her...its only in the past few years that their relationship has gotten better....and my sister even says now herself that she didnt mean any of the things she said...but my mum was the only person she was like that with and she thinks that is why...she knew that she loved her no matter what and would always be there for her...

i suppose its kind of a small reflection of Christs love for us....no matter how many times we may hurt Him....we know He is always gona be there :)

shorty
11-28-2005, 05:49 AM
I have a question for all you married folk...

Do you do that with your spouses? I suppose you do, but it seems that it shouldn't be as bad seeing as though it's someone you've chosen to spend the rest of your life with and you're compadable with them. Me and my mom are at odds sometimes because our personalities clash so much. We are just so different and our differences don't mix well many times. I was just wondering if this gets a little better when you get married :-\. This is somthing I hate so much. I try so hard to be good to my mom but it doesn't always work out.

><sarah><

no it doesnt get better once you get married.

lamb_servant72
03-28-2006, 02:05 PM
At the concert Sunday night, John was talking about witnessing by the way we live, and God used that to speak to me about the way I have been treating my husband.

He wasn't helping me with alot of things that I need help with (the yard, the pool, the kids, the house, errands, etc.) and lately, I've gotten resentful, and I've stopped taking care of things as well as I use to. I've let frustration turn into resentment.

My attitude has kindof been "...why bother doing anything". God really spoke to me about the kind of testimony I'm living before my husband.

I repented and prayed about all of the things that were frustrating me coming home from the concert the next day (should have done that to start with). When I got home, my husband had hired someone to cut the grass, hired someone to replace the torn up dishwasher, and he told me he wants me to teach him how to take care of the pool maintanence this weekend.

I'm thankful that God worked on me concerning my attitude twards my husband. God wants the life I live to help bring him to God.

Our attitudes with our families are a part of our witness for God.