Cornflake
11-25-2005, 10:39 AM
I was riding in the car with my mom to our family store the other day ( to save gas, since we were heading to the same place) and I had my headphones on. A member of our church's daughter ( who was a member too, off and on before she moved) was in a wreck that put her in a coma for about a month and a half and killed her baby boy. Well, I was listening to Underoath's Its a dangerous business just walking out your front door... for those who don't know, from listening to the words and seeing the video you can tell its about a car crash. I was thinking.. "How would people react to me being in a car crash and being in critical condition?" As selfish as it sounds, I was wondering how my ex g/f ( of like 2 days) would react if she heard. I know it sounds bad, but I tend to just contemplate stuff in my head, and I didn't want to be in a car crash or anything..

I was also thinking of my friends as well.
Well, mom turned to ask me something ( she turned so I'd see her cause I wouldn't hear her with my headphones on) I saw the car infront of us rapidly slowing down... or maybe they pulled out in front of us going slow, i don't remember. All I could do was point to the car, and mom turned back and slammed the breaks and swerved. We missed it. I never told mom what I had been thinking at the very moment.

Do you think it had a purpose? It was a very odd moment for me, and I had a weird feeling for sometime. What do you guys think?

frymeskillet
12-01-2005, 09:16 AM
wow thats weird, i often think of things like that. it doesnt sound selfish at all. just a sign from God probably. its probably something to remind you of how life is too short and to not turn your back on things that keep you right. ive had the same kind of thing. its in fact a rude awakening. but in the long run is always a good thing!

-Savannah-