Maddog
11-26-2005, 12:52 PM
Hey everyone. I have this cousin, that God has really burdened me with, he is one year older than me, so he is 16. His parents divorced when he was around 10 ( or yougner) and his dad since that time has married 3 other women ( i think). And has finally stayed with the latest one[wife]. Chris's life is broken. And he seems very depressed. I just recently saw a picture of him, and he has gotten so thin (and he has always been a lanky, skinny guy) it looks like he has lost 15 pounds. His wrists are like skeletons. His eyes are vacant and hopeless. And his eyes also have that redish circles under his eyes that are there from drug usage. I am thinking he might be on speed. Becasue of his tired look. Or he could be anorexic. I really dont know. But ok like I am most likely going to see him on new years. And I have not seen him in 2 yrs. And just please pray for me. I want to be a great witness to him. And have been praying like crazy. I really think that he is going to either become a Christian this yr. OR rededicate his like to Christ. I only think that because of how burdened I am. I could be wrong. But oh Gosh I hope he will change. Please please pray. I dont want to mess up. Just preay that he will open up to me and see how much I care. But that he will also see that it is Christ who is shinning thru me. And that I wont take credit upon myself.
Ok thats real confusing. So please just pray for me and Chris
Thanks
Madd~

as~i~lay~dying
11-26-2005, 01:06 PM
i will pray.Im kinda going thru the same thing with my friend and uncle~~who's been doing drugs since he was 13(he's 47).I know the feeling of having someone you love or who just looks so sad and you want to take away all the pain and make there life better.But all you can do is be a witness and pray for them.I will pray that God will change him and that he will see somthing different in you. =)

Maddog
11-26-2005, 01:10 PM
thank you. I love having people who understand.

drumchick101
11-26-2005, 08:30 PM
You don't have to be afraid of messing up. None of us will ever get it right and God knows that. That is why He is the one who works in us and through us. Don't be afraid, just know that you can't do this without Him. That is all He really asks for...submission. And even if it doesn't seem like his entire life turns around immediatly after you see him, know you have planted a seed. Even if it doesn't seem like you really did anything, know that you planted a seed and that God has already begun a work in him. Also, know that the place for that seed is prepared because of your prayers. Your dilligence will not be ignored. I'll pray for the both of you.

><sarah><

P.S. I have a good feeling about this. I don't know why, I just do and I thought I should share that with you. It was most strong when I was typing about your prayers, I think God just wants to say something to you an others through all of this. Keep praying...something's up.

Maddog
11-27-2005, 06:20 AM
yah I kinda feel like you too. Thanks for your words of encouragment everyone! Please keep it up. I could really use it.

TheFireBreathes
11-27-2005, 11:21 AM
I will be praying for chris. And also for you that you may let him know how much you love and him and also how much Christ loves him.

Maddog
12-24-2005, 08:03 AM
ok everyone...i am prollly gunna see him on new years...and i am nervous...good thing we both have the same rocking style...he might be more comfortable around me then

panhead_91
12-24-2005, 09:19 AM
thats kewl that u get to see him and all I will keep both of u in my prayers

as~i~lay~dying
12-31-2005, 03:42 PM
So...let us know how it goes!(your visting him on new years still,right)

drumchick101
01-01-2006, 02:07 PM
Ya, the suspence is building...;)

><sarah><

as~i~lay~dying
01-04-2006, 03:07 PM
sooooo.........