Isildur9473
11-30-2005, 08:48 AM
Clicky (http://www.cnn.com/2005/LAW/11/29/scotus.abortion/index.html)

So it looks like they're goin to try to overturn Roe V. Wade. Any thoughts on this?

sky_flashings
11-30-2005, 09:05 AM
I personally think abortion is murder, so I won't be happy if they allow it to be legal.

Pretendeavor
11-30-2005, 09:10 AM
hmmm i think abortion is okay i mean its the persons choice. but i do think its murder but i mean there is a reason for every abortion ethier the where raped, couldnt afford keeping the child etc....

sky_flashings
11-30-2005, 09:11 AM
Yes, because there are no other means of helping a woman out in such situations. It's called adoption, welfare, etc.
A good friend of mine recently had an abortion, and I'll admit that I had been in such a circumstance as her, I'd opt for an abortion. But I see it as murder, so I wouldn't do it until I could accept the fact that I murdered my own child.

Pretendeavor
11-30-2005, 09:16 AM
Yes, because there are no other means of helping a woman out in such situations. It's called adoption, welfare, etc.
ahh you cant count on any 1 to help you at all these days there all 2 busy. adoption might be heard to some people because the see there baby and get attached and like really take it hard and like yeah or it might be hard because the donít wanna be looked at for been a teenager with a baby or a slut etc.. welfare the government isnít something I would depend on I mean look at how the Handel the crap that happened in new Orleans.

sky_flashings
11-30-2005, 09:19 AM
Adoption isn't as difficult as you'd think. There are organizations out there who find parents for the child while the mother is still pregnate.
And as far as the mother getting attached to the child or being afriad of being percieved as...what you said...they should have thought about that before they started doing what they did to become pregnate. People act as if it's impossible for them to get pregnate despite the fact that they're sexually active.

Pretendeavor
11-30-2005, 09:21 AM
Adoption isn't as difficult as you'd think. There are organizations out there who find parents for the child while the mother is still pregnate.
And as far as the mother getting attached to the child or being afriad of being percieved as...what you said...they should have thought about that before they started doing what they did to become pregnate. People act as if it's impossible for them to get pregnate despite the fact that they're sexually active.

condems dont work all the time you know. and ppl dont belive the same as u on the sexuallity terms (the whole save it for marriage"

sky_flashings
11-30-2005, 09:23 AM
Agreed, but I fail to see the relevence. It seems to me that you're using the fact that condoms don't work 100% of the time as an excuse for these people who get pregnate to get an abortion. It says on the box, most schools have courses that tell about these things, and if they couldn't figure it out from the number of unplanned births going on around them...

Pretendeavor
11-30-2005, 09:32 AM
Agreed, but I fail to see the relevence. It seems to me that you're using the fact that condoms don't work 100% of the time as an excuse for these people who get pregnate to get an abortion. It says on the box, most schools have courses that tell about these things, and if they couldn't figure it out from the number of unplanned births going on around them...

acctualy i think the whole condoms dont work 100% of the time is a good excuse i mean atleast the where trying not to get pregnate. i think the ppl who do use condoms that end up haven abortion are the mature ones and the ones w ho put thought before haven sex rather than the ones that dont use a condom durn sex.

sky_flashings
11-30-2005, 09:33 AM
Yes, becuase my 15-year-old neighbor who is still going through puberty is by far mature enough to handle a sexual relationship and children.

Pretendeavor
11-30-2005, 09:36 AM
w/e my opion stands on this topic if u dont like my opion get over it.

terrasin
11-30-2005, 09:39 AM
The reason I believe abortion should be illegal is because if the person feels they are mature enough to be having sex, they had better be mature enough to handle the consequences of it. Everyone knows that there is a chance of pregnancy when you have sex despite pills, condoms, and other forms of birth control. They don't always work, and the people who make them know this and put it on their packages.

The problem is that teenagers think and want to be mature and be able to do adult things. They are taught in school that it's ok to do these things and to just "be careful". They never understand the responsibility that comes from the results of taking these actions. Hence, they want a quick way out of it. That's where abortion comes in.

Plain and simple, if you want to do these things, you better be ready to handle the consequences of your actions and not rely on quick ways out.

I am male, so a lot of females think I shouldn't have a say in the matter, but I'm also adopted and could have been one of those aborted babies. So yes, I do have a say. It's my life that could have been taken.

CJ

sky_flashings
11-30-2005, 09:45 AM
I saw a bumper sticker once that I thought said it all. "As a former fetus, I oppose abortion."

Pretendeavor
11-30-2005, 09:48 AM
"No sex education + prayer in schools = pray you're not pregnant "

skynes
11-30-2005, 11:13 AM
hmmm i think abortion is okay i mean its the persons choice. but i do think its murder but i mean there is a reason for every abortion ethier the where raped, couldnt afford keeping the child etc....

How many times has that happened?

You see early in the last century. A 14y/o black girl living in poverty got raped by a white guy and got pregnant.

Her son "Had a dream". It was Martin Luther King.

God formed this children in the womb. He knew them before they existed, you have no idea what plan He has for them. A plan that was never fulfilled.

TheFireBreathes
11-30-2005, 11:27 AM
welfare the government isnít something I would depend on I mean look at how the Handel the crap that happened in new Orleans.

You'd be surprised (Im sorry I know this isnt the right thread). Fema is buying the victims weeks of free stay in the Carnival cruise ships until there houses are fixed up. Fema just announced that they are now letting people pick out new furniture from retailers to put in their house. They even have free shipping and free moving. I think that is awesome how generous they are, I mean I could always go for a new leather couch. I dont recall hearing the media cover this....

theelectric3
11-30-2005, 04:16 PM
i hope roe v. wade gets overturned.

well said Scott, couldn't have said it better.

lamb_servant72
11-30-2005, 04:27 PM

Roe does, too!

Isildur9473
11-30-2005, 05:09 PM

well said Scott, couldn't have said it better.

Quoted for truth.

Abortion is being used for birth control to a disgusting level in this country, and it has to stop.

lee
11-30-2005, 05:28 PM
i think abortion is murder. also i think if you have an abortion, you are fighting against god. because god gave a destiny for that child, and when you kill it you terminate gods plan for that child. i don't think you should ever have sex before marrage, because god told us save romance for marrage for a reason. because when your married, you love that person and you have a bond with them. if you do get pregnant, then have the child then raise it yourself, or give it up for adoption. getting attached with that baby and then having to let it go is painful, but it was your choice and that is just part of the consequince.

asparagus
11-30-2005, 06:53 PM
The reason I believe abortion should be illegal is because if the person feels they are mature enough to be having sex, they had better be mature enough to handle the consequences of it. Everyone knows that there is a chance of pregnancy when you have sex despite pills, condoms, and other forms of birth control. They don't always work, and the people who make them know this and put it on their packages.
CJ, don't you think it is a bit more complicated than that? In my high school, the girls that suffered through abortions were by no means close to thinking about safe sex. There were significant limiting factors that were already in place. These girls were victims. They were victims of their broken families, they were victims of never having a real father, they were victims of their boyfriends. Others had an outwardly perfect church family with an outwardly perfect father, but inside they were a victim of the same sins.

You're oversimplifying the problem; you're oversimplifying Satan's hold on abortion.

The problem is that teenagers think and want to be mature and be able to do adult things. They are taught in school that it's ok to do these things and to just "be careful." They never understand the responsibility that comes from the results of taking these actions. Hence, they want a quick way out of it. That's where abortion comes in.I don't think that's how it happens at all. I think that is popular Christian myth.

I believe God made man and woman, I believe that he made them sacred, I belive that he gave them each their own strenths. Women naturally want to keep their child, women naturally avoid abortions. The more I understand abortion, the more I am convinced that women are forced into them by MEN. By their boyfriends, by their fathers, by their rapists, by their upbringing, and by the disgusting and sinful way we manipulate the image they are supposed to have of themselves.

Plain and simple, if you want to do these things, you better be ready to handle the consequences of your actions and not rely on quick ways out.Plain and simple, to fight against abortion is to be a feminist. Making abortion illegal is like freeing Auswitch but leaving the Nazis. Making it illegal isn't a bad thing, but it's not hitting at the root cause of the problem--it's only a pain reliever.

I think everyone on here is on the same side on this issue. No one thinks abortion is a good thing. We all think abortion is terrible.

We all deserve a say in the matter, men and women. However, when it comes down to the nitty gritty, abortion is a symptom, and pain relieve may make things look better on paper (i.e. there will be less reported abortions), but in the end, Satan is left with an ever stronger choke hold on America as he is able to continue to terrorize women and the unborn all the more since he remains all the more behind the scenes.

NightCrawler
11-30-2005, 07:26 PM
CJ's first post is exactly how I feel... only add my belief that a spirit exists with that fetus. So, you are taking God's place in death/life. Murder.

terrasin
11-30-2005, 07:48 PM
CJ, don't you think it is a bit more complicated than that? In my high school, the girls that suffered through abortions were by no means close to thinking about safe sex. There were significant limiting factors that were already in place. These girls were victims. They were victims of their broken families, they were victims of never having a real father, they were victims of their boyfriends. Others had an outwardly perfect church family with an outwardly perfect father, but inside they were a victim of the same sins.

You're oversimplifying the problem; you're oversimplifying Satan's hold on abortion.

Yes, because it takes a real genius to understand that putting chemical A into chemical B creates unit C... Some people grow up thinking the only love they will find is through physical love, but there is something called common sense that they obviousely lacked by not at least protecting themselves. It's not like they have never heard of condoms before. They've been around for over 100 years. Like suddenly a light will go off in their heads and "OH MY GOSH! I NEVER KNEW!" Come on, give them more credit than that.

On the side of coming from broken homes, that's meerly an excuse. I know several people who have come from broken, messed up homes who were very protective of themselves. People are very different in the way they act, but it's not like they have been kept in the dark that sex leads to babies. That's a copout.

I don't think that's how it happens at all. I think that is popular Christian myth.

I believe God made man and woman, I believe that he made them sacred, I belive that he gave them each their own strenths. Women naturally want to keep their child, women naturally avoid abortions. The more I understand abortion, the more I am convinced that women are forced into them by MEN. By their boyfriends, by their fathers, by their rapists, by their upbringing, and by the disgusting and sinful way we manipulate the image they are supposed to have of themselves.

Plain and simple, to fight against abortion is to be a feminist. Making abortion illegal is like freeing Auswitch but leaving the Nazis. Making it illegal isn't a bad thing, but it's not hitting at the root cause of the problem--it's only a pain reliever.
Man, I don't know what world you live on, but it's obviousely not Earth. Men pushing women into abortion? Hardly. Granted, in some situations I can see the male being the one putting the pressure on the woman to go through with it, but on the up and up, it's the women who are always coming up, especially the feminists, and fighting for their right to choose whether or not they get an abortion. It's the femists who push the pro-choice movement or teen girls who are afraid of having their parents find out that they screwed up and got themselves knocked up. Why do you think that Arnold was trying to pass a law that required teens to get their parents involved if they wished to have an abortion? He wanted the parents involved in the decision to help lower the rate of abortions in California and help teens make the proper, responsible choice.

CJ

panhead04
11-30-2005, 08:03 PM
i agree with cj...what about the girls who never tell their boyfriend that they are pregnant and get an abortion any way. even though a guy might "push" them into getting one, its still their choice to kill the baby. And just so you guys know, roe has converted and is now against abortion. here is a website that you can go to and read about her conversion http://www.leaderu.com/norma/nmtestimony.html

asparagus
11-30-2005, 09:21 PM
Yes, because it takes a real genius to understand that putting chemical A into chemical B creates unit C... Some people grow up thinking the only love they will find is through physical love, but there is something called common sense that they obviousely lacked by not at least protecting themselves. CJ, how do you account for their lack of common sense? Are they born dumb (in which case Christ calls me to compassion) or do they make bad mistakes because of a poor environment (in which case Christ calls me to compassion).

I don't think it is at all wise to suggest that these women are any more dumb or lustful than you or I.

Man, I don't know what world you live on, but it's obviousely not Earth. Men pushing women into abortion? Hardly. Granted, in some situations I can see the male being the one putting the pressure on the woman to go through with it, but on the up and up, it's the women who are always coming up, especially the feminists, and fighting for their right to choose whether or not they get an abortion. It's the femists who push the pro-choice movement or teen girls who are afraid of having their parents find out that they screwed up and got themselves knocked up.CJ, there's a significant difference between women who fight for the right to an abortion and women who get an abortion. Women deserve better than abortion. If you think abortion is only victimizing the unborn, then your eyes are closed to the rest of the tragedy. As for your feminist attacks, I think you seem to be using a different definition of that label than I am. To be a feminist is to fight for women--for their equality, for their protection, and for their rights. I am quite serious about that. Addtionally, let's not forget that some of the greatest feminists in American history were Christians. Elizabeth Cady Stanton is the first to come to mind. She fought effectively for Civil Rights, women's suffrage and birth control.

Why do you think that Arnold was trying to pass a law that required teens to get their parents involved if they wished to have an abortion? He wanted the parents involved in the decision to help lower the rate of abortions in California and help teens make the proper, responsible choice.I think you can think of a pretty good reason why someone would not want any more contact with there dad (who has custody of them) than they have to.

asparagus
11-30-2005, 09:33 PM
WOMENíS ISSUES, womenís rights and human rights have always
been a passion of mine. As a teenager I assumed that legalized
abortion was necessary for women to attain their educational and
career goals. So itís not surprising that when I became pregnant at
18 I thought about having an abortion. I also considered adoption,
but when I told my boyfriend, he said he would kick me out if I
didnít have an abortion. I turned to my employer for advice. She
agreed that abortion was the only logical option and offered to
arrange one for me.
My experience at the abortion clinic was painful and
humiliating. Although the young women awaiting their abortions
were anxious and tearful, the clinic staff was cold and aloof. When
the abortion provider entered my procedure room, I began to
have second thoughts and asked her assistant if I could have a
few minutes. The doctor yelled ďshut her upĒ and started the
suction machine. It was not an empowering experience. I felt
violated and betrayed.
The promised solutionóreally the only option presented to
meówasnít the end of my nightmare, but only the beginning. I
was completely unprepared for the emotional fallout after the
abortion. It was difficult for me to understand why a surgical
procedure would cause such deep regret and a sense of loss.
I soon found myself in a cycle of self-destructive
behavior as I attempted to repress the sense that I had destroyed
my child. Desperate for a fresh start, I broke up with my
boyfriend, quit my job and moved to another state. Unfortunately
my depression and self-hatred only deepened. When suicidal
thoughts began to overwhelm me, I sought assistance.
As I struggled to come to terms with my negative reaction,
I began to question whether abortion was compatible with
my feminist beliefs. The abortion was unnatural. It was an
act of violence against my own body and the body of my
developing child.
It has been eighteen years since my abortion. Although much
has changed in eighteen years, not much has changed for women
experiencing an untimely pregnancy. They still face unsupportive
partners and employers and are often unaware of the community
resources available to them. They undergo abortion not so much
out of choice, but out of desperation or as a last resort. In all the
noise surrounding abortion, women have been forgotten.
óMichaelene Jenkins

asparagus
11-30-2005, 09:36 PM
I HAD AN ABORTION ALMOST ONE YEAR AGO when I was 18
1/2 weeks along. This was one of the hardest things I have ever
done in my life. I could already feel my child moving in me.
When I went to have it done it was a 2-day procedure. The first
day I almost walked out because I wasnít sure that I could do
it. Well, when I went home that day I prayed and asked for the
strength to finish what I had started. I almost didnít go the
next day either except that I knew that it was too late. When I
went in, and everything started, regardless of the pain
medication they gave me, I was in soooo much pain that the
nurses literally had to hold me down. I felt my child move in
me while this was going on. All I could think was what do they
see on the sonogram monitor when this is going on? What was
the baby feeling? Was it in as much pain as I was in? My God,
this was my child, not a thing but a baby, and I was destroying
it!!!! After I left and went home, all I could do was cry. I donít
think I really dealt with the effects though. I just put it away
and went on with my life. Well, 6 months later I found myself
pregnant again and the father and I were not ready again. We
decided to have an abortion again even though I knew that I
wasnít mentally able to do it. Well I was only 5 weeks at that
time and though that one really doesnít hit me as much, it did
break me mentally. This tore the father and I apart for a while.
He had his own problems dealing with it and I resented him
for not being there to help me. My best friend was there with
me, but even she couldnít help me. It got so bad that I actually
felt like ending my life. There were days where I didnít even
want to get out of bed or go on. Well now 4 months later I am
pregnant again and there is no way I am getting rid of this
baby. We will make it some how but I canít go through that
again. I just have such a feeling of guilt for what I did to that
baby. I feel so empty and I am afraid of what I will do once I
hit that stage with this baby Iím carrying. I canít even look at
pictures of developing fetuses after the 3-month point because
all I do is cry and actually get sick to my stomach. I hope that
my little bit of a story will at least help someone else to know
that they are not alone in the way that they may be feeling.
óSigned, Angel

asparagus
11-30-2005, 09:45 PM
And one more:

The American Feminist

The American Feminist, Winter 1997-1998

Incest and the Abortion Clinic

Now that the "rape and incest" exceptions to laws against abortion are once again making headlines, my own experience sheds what I believe to be desperately needed light on the subject. I am a victim of child sexual abuse--both incest, and the family friend variety. I write this story in the hope that in the reading of it, both sides of this terrible debate will pause to think long and hard about their positions.

Just before I was 13 years old, I was sexually abused by an older brother, and by a college-age friend of the family. I was never assaulted by the two together, but each knew of the other's involvement--the older brother gave me "tips" for sexual acts on the family friend.

About 3 or 4 months after the abuse began, I was late for a period. I told my brother this, and he informed me that I "should have made that guy wear a rubber, you idiot." I did not know what a "rubber" was, or where it was worn, or why. All I knew was, that if you did not have periods, you were pregnant. And if you were pregnant, you were in trouble.

I turned to my Sunday school teacher for help. When I told her I thought I might be pregnant (at 12 years old) she didn't even blink. She gave me a hug and said I should go to Planned Parenthood for a "rabbit test," that I should get one of my older brothers to take me and not tell my parents. She never asked who the male partner was, or why I was sexually active at my age. So my older brother took me to Planned Parenthood.

I had never been to a doctor without my mother, and I had never had a gynecological exam. The whole visit was terrifying. No one explained anything. I was examined, gave urine and blood samples, and shown a chart of an egg going around a big circle marked by days of the month. I was asked questions like "frequency of intercourse?" and "method of birth control preferred?" I did not know what intercourse meant, so I just said "a lot," and I had no idea what methods of birth control existed. No one asked who my "partner" was, no one expressed any dismay, concern, or even interest that a 12-year-old girl needed a pregnancy test.

I heard a lot about "being responsible" and "taking control of my body." Someone gave me a handful of condoms on the way out, and made a joke about it being an assortment--red, blue, and yellow. The yellow ones were called Tinglers. I stuffed them in my purse, and threw them away later.

My older brother maintained a strong silence throughout the entire time--no one asked him a single question.

Two days later I received a phone call telling me the test was positive, and to come in the following Saturday morning with a sanitary napkin and a friend who could drive. The caller never used the words "pregnant" or "abortion." I did not keep that appointment; my period started that evening.

The sexual abuse ended a couple of months later, as the family friend moved away, and my older brother began to abuse two younger neighbor children instead.

It was not until 3 years later that I discovered, in a high school biology class, that you cannot get pregnant from oral sexual contact. I also found out what intercourse was, and that I'd never had it.

I remember the feeling of horror that came over me as I realized I had been scheduled for an abortion. I remember trying to figure out who would have paid the bill (it must have been my brother), and wondering why I was such a horrible person that those people thought I should have an abortion. Obviously, the worst thing that could ever happen to anyone must have happened to me, so what kind of person did that make me? Bad enough to have to kill a baby, according to what I had just learned in my biology class. I thank God that my period started when it did.

Over the years, I have found out that my story is very common in two aspects, neither of which will be good news for either side in the abortion debate. The first is the fact that my experience with Planned Parenthood was not an aberration. The sexual attitude often championed by Planned Parenthood is a serious factor in preventing the discovery of sexual abuse of young people. Had anyone shown even the least bit of disapproval or concern, I would have divulged the truth and begged for help. Everyone around me seemed to accept as normal that a 12-year-old girl could and should be sexually active (so long as she is responsible--remember that "rubber rainbow"!) And remember, too, who took me to Planned Parenthood--an older brother with an urgent interest in my being aborted! Abortion on demand, no questions asked, makes it easier for incest and child abuse to continue. Abortion for incest victims sounds compassionate, but in practice it is simply another violent and deceptive tool in the hand of the abuser.

The other unhappy aspect of this situation is that incest, rape and child abuse are far more common than most pro-lifers want to admit. Pamphlets, speeches, and articles regularly claim that pregnancies from incest are so rare as to be negligible. My experience with other victims is that sexual abuse of children, incestuous and otherwise, is very real, very common, and terribly underreported.

Both sides in the abortion debate have a lot to learn. Abortion defenders need to realize that while abortion may keep one of the results of incest and sexual abuse from seeing the light of day, it does absolutely nothing to protect a young girl from continued abuse, and in fact aids the abuser in his crime. Furthermore, birth control counseling and abortion often indirectly contribute to the victim's sense of shame, guilt, and blame for what is happening, since she is told to "take control" and "be responsible" for her "sexual activity," implying that this situation is, indeed, within her power to control. On the other hand, pro-lifers need to realize that incest, rape, and child abuse do happen, and often with devastating results. In the assembly-line process of abortion on demand, incest-related abortions are seriously underreported.

Mary Jean Doe lives in a small midwestern city with her husband and three children.

Reprinted from The American Feminist, Winter 1997-1998

asparagus
11-30-2005, 09:55 PM
Thanks for being patient:
EMOTIONAL, VERBAL AND SEXUAL ABUSE were
part of my childhood. When I got older I dated men
who abused me in one way or another. I became
pregnant in my early thirties. I had attempted to get
an abortion, but when I sat on the table with my
gown on, and looked down at the garbage can, I
cried. Knowing Iíd be on welfare, food stamps and in
poverty, I went through with the pregnancy. I was
glad.
A few years later, and one, last, bad relationship, I
was pregnant again. He did not say he wanted me or
the baby, or to support us or help us. I went against
my instincts and had the abortion. I was left with no
choice and my boyfriend was no help.
After that day, I was suicidal and cried for eleven
months consistently. The woman who advised me to
ďgo ahead, do it ó it will empower you,Ē was not
there for me. My spirit was broken.
No one told me that after you have an abortion you
hear babies screaming in your sleep, or that the
counseling services offered after your abortion are
not really there for you, even though they say they
are. You canít talk to your friends. You canít get close
to anyone including your living child. You are angry
for no reason and snap at the least bit of stress. No
one told me that I would lose [my] desire for sex and
intimacy or that abortion caused hormonal
imbalances that hit me way too young. No one
warned me that I would suffer panic attacks and fear
my own death and death of my living children. No one
told me that this quick fix would cause a host of
other emotional problems that I would be dealing
with my whole life.
After the experience of abortion, I can honestly
tell you that it was easier to be a single mother, on
welfare and food stamps, whose baby never slept, and
[with] no family support, than it was to abort my
baby and deal with the other problems for the rest of
my life that nobody told me about. To this day, I am
still working on healing this part of me.

asparagus
11-30-2005, 09:58 PM
My ignorance, fear, and youth were used against
us. If anyone had told me of the secret shame, fear,
pain, and lifelong regret, my baby would be alive
today. If anyone had told me about the potential
life-threatening or fatal medical complications, my
baby would be alive today. If anyone had told me the
truth, my baby would be alive today.
After all those stories are we still going to insist that those that get abortions are not victims too?

I have NEVER EVER heard of a story of a girl who got an abortion because her mom talked her in to it. Dad's I have heard. Boyfriends, husbands, rapists, I have heard. But not moms.

Isildur9473
12-01-2005, 08:51 AM
Asparagus, you're saying that we should legalize abortion, and hope that society works out its kinks? That's a bit too idealist for me...

Cornflake
12-01-2005, 09:27 AM
ahh you cant count on any 1 to help you at all these days there all 2 busy. adoption might be heard to some people because the see there baby and get attached and like really take it hard and like yeah or it might be hard because the donít wanna be looked at for been a teenager with a baby or a slut etc.. welfare the government isnít something I would depend on I mean look at how the Handel the crap that happened in new Orleans.

95% of teenagers I know are sexually active. How come one gets pregnate shes labeled a slut? When everyone knows they all do it too.. ( Well, almost everyone, there are a few of us who are sexually inactive, like me)

asparagus
12-01-2005, 10:03 AM
Asparagus, you're saying that we should legalize abortion, and hope that society works out its kinks? That's a bit too idealist for me...What gave you this idea? That's not what I am saying at all...only that making abortion illegal only destroys the tip of the iceberg...

Cornflake
12-01-2005, 10:40 AM
But I am pretty sure it would be pleasing to God if we atleast made it illegal to kill His creations, as a start.

Isildur9473
12-01-2005, 03:53 PM
What gave you this idea? That's not what I am saying at all...only that making abortion illegal only destroys the tip of the iceberg...

Ahh ok. When I was reading your posts, my 2nd hour teacher was lecturing, so I had to half pay attention to make it look like I cared. Sorry.

disciple
12-01-2005, 04:36 PM
As much as I am against abortion, what I say doesn't matter to the rest of mankind, so they'll keep doing what they do and I'll keep doing what I do. It's not going to stop, so *shrug*