frymeskillet
11-30-2005, 08:55 AM
okay, so with the encouragement of nightcrawler I am posting this thread to go along with animal rights, but in a different way. Why is it that when someone neglects an animal or participates in training roosters for cock fighting they can face a BIG fine or jail time. I've even heard of them giving up to two years for these things :o ...And pregnant women can abort their unborn child without any trouble. They pay nothing but the price for the doctors visit. >:(
Is an animal life more important and valued more than a human life?? Why don't the christians of America stand up and say something about it!? If women can get the right to murder babies, then why are we forced to abide by these so-called animal rights? Post whatever you feel necessary...

Thanks,
-Savannah-

bob
11-30-2005, 03:24 PM
Are you trying to call humans hypocrites? :o *gasp*

aliengurl7
11-30-2005, 03:31 PM
You can't compare rooster fights with abortion. There two diffrent things. Think about it.

deadb4dawn
11-30-2005, 07:20 PM
they are differant but they are the same too. people do have problums and they are working on it to get aborshons band. and like i said in the other post.... animals are like people and should have the same rights, or close to. cause you got like dog fights... that are even more seriuos cause a dog can kill a human if it wanted a cock couldnt, all it could do is rip out off eyeballs with it claws.

NightCrawler
11-30-2005, 07:22 PM
Yes, you can... because they are laws protecting something of lesser value, and laws permitting dangerous things for things of greater value. One protecting chickens from harmful behaviour, and the other accepting and providing means to make humans engage in harmful behaviour.

aliengurl7
11-30-2005, 07:22 PM
they are differant but they are the same too. people do have problums and they are working on it to get aborshons band. and like i said in the other post.... animals are like people and should have the same rights, or close to. cause you got like dog fights... that are even more seriuos cause a dog can kill a human if it wanted a cock couldnt, all it could do is rip out off eyeballs with it claws.

Um... Oh I get it, yea, thats right, wouldn't want that.

skynes
12-01-2005, 01:01 AM

Animals aren't like people and they shouldn't have the same Rights. Man is the pinnacle of Creation, the only being EVER to be created in God's Image. That puts us so far ahead of animals it's ridiculous to compare us.

we have souls, we have free will, we have understanding, we have choice. We can know God personally.

More than that, we can create. How many animals do you making art? Or technology? Or music? None! They do what they're programmed to and nothing more.

A dog can kill a human... oh scary
A chicken can rip out animals... terrible.

A human can fly an airplace into a building.
A human can create and use a nuclear bomb.
A human can kill thousands of humans without a second thought.
A human can attempt to erradicate an entire group of ppl.

frymeskillet
12-01-2005, 08:34 AM
Yes, you can... because they are laws protecting something of lesser value, and laws permitting dangerous things for things of greater value. One protecting chickens from harmful behaviour, and the other accepting and providing means to make humans engage in harmful behaviour.

exactly my point! and yes, bob, i am calling humans hypocrites. it is their nature after all. all i'm saying is that it purely doesnt make sense. animals have rights. but they are growing to be more important that human rights.

Isildur9473
12-01-2005, 08:48 AM

So, we should give animals the right to kill us in self defense? The right to vote? To drive?

Seeing as we're in charge if this planet, since we obviously control the most powerful society, shouldn't it be at our discretion to do what what we wish to animals?

TheFireBreathes
12-01-2005, 02:02 PM

But can animals go to Heaven? Do animals know how to pray and accept Christ?

Cornflake
12-01-2005, 02:12 PM
So, we should give animals the right to kill us in self defense? The right to vote? To drive?

Seeing as we're in charge if this planet, since we obviously control the most powerful society, shouldn't it be at our discretion to do what what we wish to animals?

Actually on that self defense part..

Say your in the woods bear hunting . You shoot at the bear, screw up, bear slaughters you. It really wasn't the bear's fault..

But I think you shouldn't just abuse animals ( like beat them, starve them, etc) however you have to draw the line somewhere. If a dog has a severe case of the mange or heart worms or if its been hit by a car and is suffering, and you shoot the dog, and someone reports you, you can get a hefty punishment.

When in reality you helped the animal. It was suffering. The "humane" way of putting animals down costs too much. A good bullet at the most (hunting rifle) costs a dollar. Although you should try to aim well so you don't prolong the suffering by hitting just mortal wounding it..

anyway..

Im sick, gota bad headache, and I can't organize my thoughts, so later.

TheFireBreathes
12-01-2005, 02:33 PM
Actually on that self defense part..

Say your in the woods bear hunting . You shoot at the bear, screw up, bear slaughters you. It really wasn't the bear's fault..

But I think you shouldn't just abuse animals ( like beat them, starve them, etc) however you have to draw the line somewhere. If a dog has a severe case of the mange or heart worms or if its been hit by a car and is suffering, and you shoot the dog, and someone reports you, you can get a hefty punishment.

When in reality you helped the animal. It was suffering. The "humane" way of putting animals down costs too much. A good bullet at the most (hunting rifle) costs a dollar. Although you should try to aim well so you don't prolong the suffering by hitting just mortal wounding it..

anyway..

Im sick, gota bad headache, and I can't organize my thoughts, so later.

Awww, I dont think I could ever just shoot a dog in the head even if it was in pain. i think I would rether take in to wherever you take it in and get it put to sleep. Im just peacefull kinda guy :azn:

Cornflake
12-01-2005, 02:40 PM
Thats like 80 bucks. And you have to make the time to actually take him there. If the dog is mortally wounded, he'd have to suffer all the way up to the vet, and the injections take up to a half hour. Say you saw a dog that had been hit by a car, and his back legs had been snapped off, or his back broken, you think he'd wanna ride with you all the way to vet?

frymeskillet
12-02-2005, 08:32 AM
well i dont think that i couldnt shoot a dog, and yes my family has humanely put a dog out. he had been poisioned with antifreeze and we took him there to see what could be done, but he was too far gone, so we put him to sleep. yes, it costed quite a bit, but it was the right thing to do in my eyes...

wait a sec... i thought this thread was about animal AND human rights...
JUST CHECKING!!!

TheFireBreathes
12-02-2005, 09:54 AM
Thats like 80 bucks. And you have to make the time to actually take him there. If the dog is mortally wounded, he'd have to suffer all the way up to the vet, and the injections take up to a half hour. Say you saw a dog that had been hit by a car, and his back legs had been snapped off, or his back broken, you think he'd wanna ride with you all the way to vet?

Well the vet here is only about 2 miles away. But Im not really worried about that. The thing is, if you have owned this dog for quite some time and you really love your pets, its not that easy to just shoot it. You know how loud guns can be, they can scare the whole neighborhood. And I dont want the cops to come, especially when its illigal to shoot in your backyard.

aliengurl7
12-02-2005, 10:04 AM
well i dont think that i couldnt shoot a dog, and yes my family has humanely put a dog out. he had been poisioned with antifreeze and we took him there to see what could be done, but he was too far gone, so we put him to sleep. yes, it costed quite a bit, but it was the right thing to do in my eyes...

wait a sec... i thought this thread was about animal AND human rights...
JUST CHECKING!!!

My cat was poisoned too by antifreeze :runs and cries: :'( . You did the right thing by putting him down, there kidneys start shutting down, it sux. Though I wish I knew that before we gave our cat a feeding tube to boost immunity. For cats after 12hrs of ingestion, and it was well over theres no hope wish the vet would've told me that, had to learn that on animal planet.Okay your post just brought up memories so thats why I posted this.That is all.

Cornflake
12-02-2005, 10:07 AM
Yeah, thinking about it, not everyone lives in out in the country like me heh. It does make sense not to shoot your dog if you live in a neighborhood.

TheFireBreathes
12-02-2005, 10:20 AM
Oh yeah I guess thats the only way you can put a dog out out there.

deadb4dawn
12-02-2005, 01:47 PM

what would you do if something more bigger and powerful came and became the new dominet creater on earth?

Isildur9473
12-02-2005, 01:50 PM
what would you do if something more bigger and powerful came and became the new dominet creater on earth?

Submit to it since that would be my only choice for continued survival.

deadb4dawn
12-02-2005, 01:53 PM
but what if it was going to kill you? and u knew it... what would you do then?

Isildur9473
12-02-2005, 01:58 PM
but what if it was going to kill you? and u knew it... what would you do then?

But they aren't. You're also comparing animals to humans, which cannot be done. The way we treat animals is fine. The conditions might be a little horrendous, but it's not feasible to let every animal live the life of riley while they're waiting to be executed. Sorry. :(

deadb4dawn
12-02-2005, 02:10 PM
you never know, somethingbig and stronger could come up. and your not exspecting it, so what then? why cant animals be compared to people? and no not all animals are treated fine. open your eyes and see what some people do to animals. and if they did some of thse things to humans theyd be in jail. im not sayn that animals should have EverY right that humans do but they should gave more then they got. i know that there just animals and dont really know what the hell were talkn about, but the people that form any of the 3 abuse forms to there animal should be punished more then they get. like a couple months ago a girl beat, burned and hung her dog for no reason. and then there was this kid that shoved a fire cracker up a shnozers butt and killed it. and there was his guy that would drag his horses by there nexts behind his truck. thats not fair that those animals die and the people that do it barly get in any trouble at all.

aliengurl7
12-02-2005, 02:46 PM
But can animals go to Heaven? Do animals know how to pray and accept Christ?

If they can praise God why wouldn't they be able to pray to God? Don't limit them when you don't know what they know. And How would you know they don't go to heaven?

...and that "all the living things in creation - everything that lives in the air, and on the ground, and under the ground, and in the sea" will praise Yahweh and the Lamb" Rev.5:13

Who knoweth not in all these that the hand of the Lord hath wrought this? In whose hand is the soul of every living thing, and the breath of all mankind. Job 12:9-10 KJV

...and the whole creation will be renewed Rev.21:4-5

The resurrection will affect all celestial (heavenly) creatures and all terrestrial (earthly) ones 1 Cor.15:35-42

Psa 36:6 Thy righteousness is like the mountains of God, thy judgments are like the great deep; man and beast thou savest, O LORD. rsv

Gen 1:30 and to every animal of the earth, and to every fowl of the heavens, and to everything that creepeth on the earth, in which is a living soul, every green herb for food. And it was so.dby

Romans 8:21-22 Because the creature itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God. For we know that the whole creation groaneth and travaileth in pain together until now."kjv

bob
12-02-2005, 03:39 PM
why cant animals be compared to people?

Because an animal can't hold a firearm.

deadb4dawn
12-02-2005, 04:07 PM
Because an animal can't hold a firearm.
wanna bet? some people cant either. so do they not have the same rights?

bob
12-02-2005, 04:24 PM
wanna bet? some people cant either. so do they not have the same rights?

No, you were saying an animal could become dominant to humans. I was disagreeing with you because there will be no animal ever to come along that could defeat an army with automatic firearms.

PinkGoo
12-02-2005, 04:31 PM
Chimpanzees scare me... they can shoot a gun! :o Eeheeheehee...

bob
12-02-2005, 04:36 PM
Chimpanzees scare me... they can shoot a gun! :o Eeheeheehee...
If they can, not efficiently. Also, they surely can't snipe. Animals don't know how to flank. Animals can't strategize, which is the advantage we have.

Isildur9473
12-02-2005, 04:47 PM
you never know, somethingbig and stronger could come up. and your not exspecting it, so what then? why cant animals be compared to people? and no not all animals are treated fine. open your eyes and see what some people do to animals. and if they did some of thse things to humans theyd be in jail. im not sayn that animals should have EverY right that humans do but they should gave more then they got. i know that there just animals and dont really know what the hell were talkn about, but the people that form any of the 3 abuse forms to there animal should be punished more then they get. like a couple months ago a girl beat, burned and hung her dog for no reason. and then there was this kid that shoved a fire cracker up a shnozers butt and killed it. and there was his guy that would drag his horses by there nexts behind his truck. thats not fair that those animals die and the people that do it barly get in any trouble at all.

Yes, some people are sick. But if animals had more rights, what would that accomplish? Kids are stupid, they don't think about the consequences, what would change if new laws were created? Animals would still be killed, and tortured.

They are just animals. They're here for our use.

deadb4dawn
12-02-2005, 04:47 PM
if they are taught they sure well can. i cant snip, i cant shot a gun efectively. and we dont know every animal out there. and something could evolve to become more powerful than us. (cockraoches can servive atomic bombs) -lol- people cant servive them either.

bob
12-02-2005, 04:50 PM
and something could evolve to become more powerful than us.

I'd like to see anything evolve. Nothing can evolve. Evolution is purely a ficticious concept.

Isildur9473
12-02-2005, 04:54 PM
if they are taught they sure well can. i cant snip, i cant shot a gun efectively. and we dont know every animal out there. and something could evolve to become more powerful than us. (cockraoches can servive atomic bombs) -lol- people cant servive them either.

Pedophiles are told by society it's bad to be a pedophile. That doesn't change anything.

disciple
12-02-2005, 05:08 PM
Are you trying to call humans hypocrites? :o *gasp*
I don't even need to read the whole thread to agree with this. :P

deadb4dawn
12-02-2005, 06:09 PM
trigun is awsome. but adultswim sucks for taken it off.

deadb4dawn
12-02-2005, 06:10 PM
Pedophiles are told by society it's bad to be a pedophile. That doesn't change anything.
what is a pedophile? it sounds like petafile, and i know petafiles are bad.

disciple
12-02-2005, 06:13 PM
what is a pedophile? it sounds like petafile, and i know petafiles are bad.
If a "petafile" is a type of criminal that preys on children, then you're thinking of a "pedophile".

Cornflake
12-02-2005, 08:16 PM
I'd like to see someone teach a primate to effectively shoot , much less snipe, and much less an animal that doesnt even have hands.

Isildur9473
12-02-2005, 08:26 PM
I'd like to see someone teach a primate to effectively shoot , much less snipe, and much less an animal that doesnt even have hands.

It's the opposable thumbs that allow us to shoot. Any creature that has them, could theoretically operate a firearm.

Spiffles
12-02-2005, 09:11 PM
just watch planet of the apes.. monkeys can do everything... it's true!!!! Hollywood says so!!!

NightCrawler
12-02-2005, 09:43 PM
What irony!

The culmination of creation, being the greatest and dominant over all... is somehow the worst thing for creation simultaneously.

newday_7
12-02-2005, 10:08 PM
like i said in the just "animal rights" thread, i am more valuable and important than animals and have more rights simple because Jesus loves me more and He didn't die for the animals He died for me

skynes
12-03-2005, 10:46 AM
Something we can all agree on:

Jesus died for us, not for the animals.

frymeskillet
12-03-2005, 04:03 PM

right on, well said brother!

TheFireBreathes
12-03-2005, 07:13 PM
If they can praise God why wouldn't they be able to pray to God? Don't limit them when you don't know what they know. And How would you know they don't go to heaven?

...and that "all the living things in creation - everything that lives in the air, and on the ground, and under the ground, and in the sea" will praise Yahweh and the Lamb" Rev.5:13

Who knoweth not in all these that the hand of the Lord hath wrought this? In whose hand is the soul of every living thing, and the breath of all mankind. Job 12:9-10 KJV

The resurrection will affect all celestial (heavenly) creatures and all terrestrial (earthly) ones 1 Cor.15:35-42

Psa 36:6 Thy righteousness is like the mountains of God, thy judgments are like the great deep; man and beast thou savest, O LORD. rsv

Gen 1:30 and to every animal of the earth, and to every fowl of the heavens, and to everything that creepeth on the earth, in which is a living soul, every green herb for food. And it was so.dby

Romans 8:21-22 Because the creature itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God. For we know that the whole creation groaneth and travaileth in pain together until now."kjv

Becasue the difference between humans and animals is that man is made in the image in likeness of God. Animals are not made in the image and likeness of God. Being in His image means that humans are like God. So they are capapble of spirituality. If animals do have a soul it would be lesser than ours and they wouldnt go anywhere after they die.

Mr. Xcitement
12-04-2005, 12:14 PM
Well, I would think that since God made animals, and animals are only able to do what God wants them to, then I would assume that they would go to Heaven. Either way though, I'm sure God would be very upset with someone who beats their dog every day just to get their frustrations out. I don't feel animals are equal to us, but we should treat them as we wish to be treated. They can feel pain and suffering, and some animals mourn the death of their own kind, so I would believe they can feel saddness, and if an animal has feelings, then i would think that they would have free will, since even if you have trained a dog to come when called, the dog can still choose not to. My brother had animal planet on the other day, and they had a man on there that seemed to have the same views as some of you on animal rights, where he had a farm, there were vultures eating starved pigs, a dog with a bad skin disease caused by filth/lack of care, and I believe the total amount of animals on the farm was about 100 that were all starving, had diseases, injuries, and some close to death, and what did that man get? I believe it was 2 years in jail. I feel that if you cannot take care of an animal, you should not be aloud to have one, simple as that. they should make a new law that if you have purposely caused harm such as this (maybe not as extreme as this) that once you get out of jail, that you are not aloud to ever get a pet again.

fire-inside
12-05-2005, 09:02 AM
Fact of the matter is that no one will ever agree with each other on topics such as this. There are so many different angles to the argument and different positions to take that we're all going to vary one way or another. Trying to convince one another is futile. But I guess that's the fun in a debate.

It is my belief that animals should have the utmost of rights. Just as a human should. Killing an animal unnecessarily is no better or more acceptable than unnecessarily killing a human being [abortion]. Torturing an animal isn't less repulsive than torturing a man.

We all know all the different things that man has one-up on animals. But know what animals have the upper hand on us with? Unconditional love. And that's the truth.

Cornflake
12-05-2005, 09:10 AM
Very well said Rachel. I couldn't agree with you more.

fire-inside
12-05-2005, 09:19 AM
And I thank you. :)

unshakeable15
12-05-2005, 01:17 PM

can we?

what about this: Jesus came to redeem mankind, yes. but He also came to redeem creation. His death was for us, but also for this world.

what say you to that?

Isildur9473
12-05-2005, 01:40 PM
what about this: Jesus came to redeem mankind, yes. but He also came to redeem creation. His death was for us, but also for this world.

Nope. Jesus came to redeem Dolphins since they can do double backflips, as well as save people invovled in boating accidents. Humans obviously cannot accomplish that feat, thus dolphins are smarter than humans.

disciple
12-05-2005, 01:47 PM
Nope. Jesus came to redeem Dolphins since they can do double backflips, as well as save people invovled in boating accidents. Humans obviously cannot accomplish that feat, thus dolphins are smarter than humans.
And whales, don't forget whales.

theelectric3
12-05-2005, 05:54 PM
can we?

what say you to that?

"For the earnest expectation of the creation eagerly waits for the revealing of the sons of God. For the creation was subjected to futility, not willingly, but because of Him who subjected it in hope; because the creation itself also will be delievered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God.For we know that the whole creation groans and labors with birth pangs together until now. Not only that, but we also who have firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, eagerly waiting for the adoption, the redemption of our body."
Romans 8:19-23 (NKJV)

i agree with what you said mike. yes, Jesus shed His blood and saved us from ourselves. at the same time, God does have a covenant with creation itself.

TheFireBreathes
12-05-2005, 06:56 PM
Well, I would think that since God made animals, and animals are only able to do what God wants them to, then I would assume that they would go to Heaven.

Though I could be wrong on this, I dont think that when animals are hunting or playing around or whatever, that they would think to themsleves "is this something God would want me to do?" I mean obviousely I cant communicate with animals but Im just making a general assumption from being around animals my whole life and seeing their behavior. I also dont think God would be upset with a dog if it had lustfull thoughts in its head. But I could be wrongm it just doesnt seem that way becasue society doesnt effect animals.

theelectric3
12-05-2005, 10:59 PM
animals aren't made in the image of God, therefore they don't have a soul or spirit. i don't believe animals go to heaven or hell when they die.

but i think they do deserve some respect, like humans. don't kill for the sake of killing. and don't torture...for any reason. basically, what Rachel said. :)

md4j
12-06-2005, 05:29 AM

Romans 8:21-22 Because the creature itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God. For we know that the whole creation groaneth and travaileth in pain together until now."kjvScripture also says that the rocks will cry out if we don't. Does that mean they have a soul and can pray to God? Does that mean that all rocks go to heaven? I don't believe so.

Isildur9473
12-06-2005, 08:41 AM
So their souls die?

TheFireBreathes
12-06-2005, 09:26 AM
Did anyone ever see All Dogs Go To Heaven? What a good cartoon, it was so sad

deadb4dawn
12-06-2005, 10:03 AM
like i said in the just "animal rights" thread, i am more valuable and important than animals and have more rights simple because Jesus loves me more and He didn't die for the animals He died for me
but God created animals first. dont you put things that you love more first?

TheFireBreathes
12-06-2005, 10:24 AM

God also created trees and rocks...I love Jesus more than my dog, so Im prettysure I would put Him first.

Isildur9473
12-06-2005, 10:50 AM

The phrase "Save the best for last" exists for a reason.

theelectric3
12-06-2005, 10:53 AM

but mankind is made in the image and likeness of God. you could say He was preparing the enviornment for mankind to dwell. mankind was given dominion over all the earth (but through sin we gave the authority to satan). therefore, since He originally designed for mankind to have authority over the Earth, i believe that disproves God loving animals more than humans.

(and note, this dominion given was when mankind was in their perfect state. therefore they would not abuse their 'subjects.')

aliengurl7
12-06-2005, 12:50 PM
Scripture also says that the rocks will cry out if we don't. Does that mean they have a soul and can pray to God? Does that mean that all rocks go to heaven? I don't believe so.

The bible says that animals have souls and the rocks do not. Figure it out. Rocks do cry out, you never heard of pop rocks when you put them in your mouth they don't want to get eaten.So they cry out.

md4j
12-06-2005, 12:59 PM
The bible says that animals have souls and the rocks do not. Figure it out. Rocks do cry out, you never heard of pop rocks when you put them in your mouth they don't want to get eaten.So they cry out.That made me laugh. Thanks for the laugh.

aliengurl7
12-06-2005, 01:39 PM
your welcome. heh. :)

oneway
12-06-2005, 02:52 PM
omg! has anyone saw hitchhickers gide to the galaxy?! if you havent dont really bother! even though it has a few funny parts, it completely criticizes humans! the message of the movie is pretty much that dolphins and mice are smarter than us, thus mocking are rights-in a way- and it also explains that there is no god, and alot more stupid crap! so, ya!

TheFireBreathes
12-06-2005, 03:15 PM
No you got that wrong fella. The messege to the movie is 42 ;)

frymeskillet
12-06-2005, 03:44 PM

um, he saved the best for last didnt he? i think he figured that we would take more work (which we do) and he saved us for last....just a thought of mine :)

fire-inside
12-06-2005, 04:54 PM
Circles and circles and circles.

I wish they were still intelligent ones too.

Isildur9473
12-06-2005, 06:06 PM
Circles and circles and circles.

I wish they were still intelligent ones too.

You really are full of love. :)

alorian
12-06-2005, 07:16 PM
Sad, I already want to rake my eyes out.

omg! has anyone saw hitchhickers gide to the galaxy?! if you havent dont really bother! even though it has a few funny parts, it completely criticizes humans! the message of the movie is pretty much that dolphins and mice are smarter than us, thus mocking are rights-in a way- and it also explains that there is no god, and alot more stupid crap! so, ya!

Sigh, I was going to argue this, but why bother? All I'm going to say, instead, is that you should start another thread on this, because many, trust me, disagree with this.

bob
12-06-2005, 07:32 PM
I think this thread has served it's usefulness, I say that we close it before something else ignites here.

theelectric3
12-06-2005, 08:30 PM
alright, since it's seems to be going in circles we'll close it. if you feel the need to re-open this, for a constructive purpose, then just let one of the mods know. :)