oneway
12-01-2005, 04:42 PM
ok, so heres the question: are you riding the fence, falling on the bad side, or falling on the good side(jesus)
i know, it sounds wierd at first, but really think!

drumchick101
12-01-2005, 05:50 PM
Good topic. I rode the fence for a while when I was younger and I hated it. I'm someone who likes to be all in or all out. There are so many fence riders out there. They think that they can go to church, mean nothing by it, go and continue their lives as if Jesus has done nothing for them, and think they are goin gto heaven. And, to them, that's all everything's about...going to heaven.

They don't realize that it's about them, in a desperate and dying state and they were given another chance. It's about them blowing that chance so bad that they think no mercy will ever be shown them again...until they realize that Jesus has fogiven them the moment they were repentant and asked for forgivness. It is about an eternal gratefulness, enough to give your life for. It is about doing things God's way because, at first, you think you are just trying to pay Him back for what He's done for you. Then you realize that that way is, in fact, the most efficient way of living and doing things His way is for their sake as well as His. Then, living His way (and screwing up faily often and relying on grace) they live and do everything for Him (besides when they screw up) and for others. They grow in grace everyday and realize that it really sucked while riding the fence and never they want to go back again.

><sarah><

oneway
12-01-2005, 06:12 PM
Good topic. I rode the fence for a while when I was younger and I hated it. I'm someone who likes to be all in or all out. There are so many fence riders out there. They think that they can go to church, mean nothing by it, go and continue their lives as if Jesus has done nothing for them, and think they are goin gto heaven. And, to them, that's all everything's about...going to heaven.

They don't realize that it's about them, in a desperate and dying state and they were given another chance. It's about them blowing that chance so bad that they think no mercy will ever be shown them again...until they realize that Jesus has fogiven them the moment they were repentant and asked for forgivness. It is about an eternal gratefulness, enough to give your life for. It is about doing things God's way because, at first, you think you are just trying to pay Him back for what He's done for you. Then you realize that that way is, in fact, the most efficient way of living and doing things His way is for their sake as well as His. Then, living His way (and screwing up faily often and relying on grace) they live and do everything for Him (besides when they screw up) and for others. They grow in grace everyday and realize that it really sucked while riding the fence and never they want to go back again.

><sarah><
AMEN!! i couldn't have said it better my self! i mean the nerve people have these days! always searching for their own needs, and caught up in their own greed......they are to lost, and will never find the way, unless they listen! o, i have a story:
...and as the poor family looked up and noticed everyone boarding their ships for travel, they young boy asked his dad,"father, where is everyone going?" and his father replied,"they are but the lost souls who are hopelessly searching for something meaningful, but have not sought the real truth," and as the father continued, he picked up a book, and showed it to his son,"now i tell you the truth, this is what you will need to follow to become seperate from the others,to join your real father in heaven,and to at last have peace...."

that is how most people are now a days! searching hopelessly! well, hopefuly they will turn, but as the bible says, every knee shall bow, and every tongue confess that jesus is the lord!

Isildur9473
12-01-2005, 08:13 PM
Why relate something as complex as a relationship with God, with a fence?

cinnamonxspider
12-01-2005, 08:33 PM
i guess just because it's a very commonly used term. i've heard it tons of times. it's just an analogy that is easy to picture.

skynes
12-02-2005, 01:22 AM
I analyzed the fence for a while... Looked at it... Studied it... Then I just went...

Screw it.

I blew up the fence with Pink napalm.

weebird20
12-02-2005, 02:39 AM
heehee....good choice with the pink napalm ;D

that's a good question...made me recall this verse...

James 2:19,"Are there still some among you who hold that 'only believing is enough? Believing in one God? Well, remember that the demons believe this too—so strongly that they tremble in terror!"

it easy to say you believe in God...but the real proof of your choice to follow Him is in the way you live your life...letting God direct your path :)

oneway
12-02-2005, 03:00 PM
Why relate something as complex as a relationship with God, with a fence?
because we can!!!!gosh! buddy!

oneway
12-02-2005, 03:01 PM

James 2:19,"Are there still some among you who hold that 'only believing is enough? Believing in one God? Well, remember that the demons believe this too—so strongly that they tremble in terror!"

it easy to say you believe in God...but the real proof of your choice to follow Him is in the way you live your life...letting God direct your path :)
yep! thats the spirit!

PinkGoo
12-02-2005, 03:05 PM
because we can!!!!gosh! buddy!
Greg, that is the one-thousand, seven-hundred, and thirty-third person you have annoyed online...

oneway
12-02-2005, 03:12 PM
Greg, that is the one-thousand, seven-hundred, and thirty-third person you have annoyed online...
wow! well, hes not that annoying, its just he cant stop criticizng me! but we are still buddys!

drumchick101
12-02-2005, 07:04 PM
AMEN!! i couldn't have said it better my self! i mean the nerve people have these days! always searching for their own needs, and caught up in their own greed......they are to lost, and will never find the way, unless they listen! o, i have a story:
...and as the poor family looked up and noticed everyone boarding their ships for travel, they young boy asked his dad,"father, where is everyone going?" and his father replied,"they are but the lost souls who are hopelessly searching for something meaningful, but have not sought the real truth," and as the father continued, he picked up a book, and showed it to his son,"now i tell you the truth, this is what you will need to follow to become seperate from the others,to join your real father in heaven,and to at last have peace...."

that is how most people are now a days! searching hopelessly! well, hopefuly they will turn, but as the bible says, every knee shall bow, and every tongue confess that jesus is the lord!

Don't be so hasty to call them greedy. We all have our faults and we musn't judge. Don't take this the wrong way, I mean it in the best way possible but, I was quite like you at your age. Then God began to show me the beauty of the "greedy" people and I began to fall in love with them. I had to learn this the hard way, I encourage you not to half to. You have passion though, that's cool. God will begin to shape it more and more and not necesarily tame it, but make you skilled to use it. It's like having an incredibly sharp sword, He will teach you how to use it and it will be more useful that way. You will learn to pull it out when you need it. This is something I've been in long-term training to learn how to do. I say all of this because I had to learn it the hard way, I hope that you won't have to.

Ya, a much better version of what I was trying to say but I'm too long winded and...why didn't I think of that verse?? You used it better than I would have anyways :). But that's an awsome version of that verse, what translation did you use? It sounds like "the Message" or maybe the new living translation. Anyways, rock on.

><sarah><

PinkGoo
12-03-2005, 06:59 AM
wow! well, hes not that annoying, its just he cant stop criticizng me! but we are still buddys!
Don't take it personally. He criticizes everyone...

skilletosis
12-03-2005, 08:40 AM
Yes the fence is a common term, but "hills and valleys" are too. Where am I right now? The fence? More like in a valley, a deep, dark, rocky valley, sitting on a fence. There's another church out here I'm thinking of trying out. I just get major anxiety about asking about thier services for the disabled. So many churches are still scared and unsure and want to shove the disabled kids away from the group. But I am realizing that I'm just going to have to deal with it because I can see us all going downhill without having a church.

oneway
12-03-2005, 08:45 AM
Don't take it personally. He criticizes everyone...
well, im not taking real personal, but i forgive him now, so, ya, like i said we're buddys!

Isildur9473
12-03-2005, 09:54 AM
well, im not taking real personal, but i forgive him now, so, ya, like i said we're buddys!

That wasn't criticism was it? I was just asking a question...

drumchick101
12-03-2005, 09:59 AM
He's just not used to you yet. You like to challenge things, that's good. Sometimes it can be taken the wrong way but hey, aren't we all taken the wrong way?

><sarah><

oneway
12-03-2005, 10:40 AM
He's just not used to you yet. You like to challenge things, that's good. Sometimes it can be taken the wrong way but hey, aren't we all taken the wrong way?

><sarah><
good question!

PinkGoo
12-03-2005, 12:03 PM
That's an excellent way to put it, Sarah... ;)

oneway
12-04-2005, 06:27 PM
That's an excellent way to put it, Sarah... ;)
yelp!....................

weebird20
12-05-2005, 02:20 AM
But that's an awsome version of that verse, what translation did you use? It sounds like "the Message" or maybe the new living translation. Anyways, rock on.
><sarah><

It's from The Living Bible translation...and thanks :)