Maddog
12-02-2005, 09:34 PM
Ok everyone. I have a friend. She said that she is going to kill herself. And is very set on it. She wants to do it before Christmas. And I want to stop her so bad...But there is just a little problem. She lives around 7 hours away. And I can't stop her. It hurts so bad. I am so upset. I dont know what to do. And to top all of that off. She doesnt belive in Christ. Please pray. I want to stop her. But I dont have that power. And i love her to lose her.
Thanks
Madd

drumchick101
12-03-2005, 09:56 AM
Don't forget the power of prayer. I will pray as well.

><sarah><

skilletosis
12-03-2005, 12:05 PM
Call her family and tell them that she is in a state of crisis. I'm sure you would rather have her alive and angry with you rather than dead.

panhead_91
12-03-2005, 04:03 PM
Call her family and tell them that she is in a state of crisis. I'm sure you would rather have her alive and angry with you rather than dead.
Agreed I am prayen

Maddog
12-03-2005, 05:09 PM
I dont know her family.
I dont have her number. I only know her from online. From a website. I dont think will stop trying until she is dead. She has commited suicide before. I read it in something she wrote and sent me. Its not as easy as you probably think.

nsvol
12-03-2005, 05:57 PM
well, you're the one that shes reaching out to. talk to your youth pastor for ideas. & keep on praying. i will be praying too.

completely_nuts
12-04-2005, 01:34 PM
don't take this the wrong way, but maybe there is nothing you can do. It simply isn't possible to stop every suicidal person you meet. You can pray, I'm not saying that won't do any good, but if you don't actually know her or her parents or anyone who comes into contact with her, then there's nothing else you can do. Pray that someone who knows her will do something. The fact is, you have almost no control over the situation.

skelfy
12-04-2005, 03:15 PM
Aside from praying, etc. etc. you need to sit her down and explain how worried you are. Realize that you are not God, or a powerful force who can stop all things. She can only be saved if she wants to. The fact that she told you indicates that she wants someone to care about it, and that person might as well be you. Don't start mouthing off about 'but you can't! why? God loves you!' This is not a good enough reason for someone who wants to die.

Just be the best friend you can. Even if you only know her online. Try to understand why she wants to do it. If you ask her to explain, getting the thoughts out may even help her. Look, there are tons of people on the planet in this state (of depression, whatnot). She's not the only one suffering. It's life.

Uh. That was of absolutely no help at all. Basically there are too many things to come (some of which won't occur until after college) that may change someone's life. There are too many opportunites and things to do to decide at a young age 'well, I can't wait, things are too terrible'. Maybe she needs to be reminded of this.

Maddog
12-05-2005, 12:34 PM
don't take this the wrong way, but maybe there is nothing you can do. It simply isn't possible to stop every suicidal person you meet. You can pray, I'm not saying that won't do any good, but if you don't actually know her or her parents or anyone who comes into contact with her, then there's nothing else you can do. Pray that someone who knows her will do something. The fact is, you have almost no control over the situation.
I didnt take offense. I realize that I have absoultly minimual control over this. I have talked to one of my discipleship leaders(i have 2) and my pastor. But sadly he wanted to talk more about me and my "issues"....Sighs. So we only talked about her for as long as i could keep up the conversation. He said. That he couldnt help much w/ her and that God placed me with him to help me. So i was like umm OOOKKKKAAAYYY

Aragornsgirl217
12-06-2005, 04:45 AM
I'll be praying for her. I've been in this situation too, and i hated it, except I was 12 hours away. So, I'll definately be praying Madd.

Maddog
12-06-2005, 05:57 AM
Thank you. all of yalls prayers mean so much more than you know

cinnamonxspider
12-06-2005, 10:32 AM
yeah, that's quite a shame, madd. maybe you should go on aim and talk to her. maybe she was recently talked out of it.

as~i~lay~dying
12-06-2005, 05:03 PM
i will say a prayer for her...and i will pray that God would work in her life and let her know that He cares and He'll NEVER let her down.

Maddog
12-07-2005, 11:20 AM
Well I did talk to her on AIM...And guess what! She was talked out of it. Praise be to God!

as~i~lay~dying
12-07-2005, 03:53 PM
awesome!!! i will still pray for her.....=)

Maddog
12-09-2005, 05:44 AM
Thank you...(just in case she slips into wanting to kill herself again. I mean you never know)