Aragornsgirl217
12-06-2005, 04:39 AM
Hey you guys, I need to you please pray for Steve and Julie. Here's a shortened account of what they're going through;
They've been trying to adopt a baby from Guatamala for 3 1/2 years. They firmly believe that God put it on their heart, because they weren't planning to have any children. They signed up with a "christian" agency, and began the process of adopting Benjamin. However, the process was beginning to take longer than the agency had sworn that it would take. So, Julie and her mother flew down to Guatamala to see Ben and to start getting attached and letting Ben know who his real mom and grandma was. Julie and Ben bonded immediately, and Ben was around 8 months old, old enough to start knowing people. Julie and Steve both are very fluent in spanish, so Julie would also talk to Ben in spanish. When they went down there(in October), they were told that they would get Ben by the end of that month, early November. They were told a few weeks later that it be around Thanksgiving. Around this time they started sending e-mails with questions about Ben(this was around the time of the landslides in Guatamala), like, was he lactose intolerant, was he okay, and a series of other questions. The agency never replied. They called thier caseworker, who, ever single time they called, was convienently "out". Finally, they got ahold of the caseworker asking about Ben. She told them that she had no clue whether or not he was okay, the phonelines in Guatamala had been down for a week, and they hadn't had any contact. The Holy Spirit prompted Julie to call their lawyer in Guatamala. Not only did she get through, the lawyer was like "wat are you talking about? I've had contact with them for every day this past week! And didn't they tell you that your case got kicked out and reinserted back into the Guatamala courthouse???". So, Steve and Julie were not happy about that. They e-mailed the owner of the agency, and told him about everything. The girl was fired, but they were told it would be Christmas before they got Ben. A couple days ago the agency said that Julies medical record was "lost" and so now they had to reprocess it to make sure that it was legit. They were told that they wouldn't get him until after the 1st of the year. Then, they "found" the record and "reprocessed" it, and said that it would be Christmas before they got him ::] . Yesterday, they got an extemely nasty e-mail from the co-owner of the agency, calling Julie a bunch of names and threatening to drop the case entirely. On top if all of this now, Steve and Julie are moving to Atlanta, Steve's mom had breast cancer pretty bad, and so does Steve's brother. Steve starts his job on Monday, and will be in Atlanta all week, be back for the weekend, and repeat that until Christmas Eve, gets Christmas Eve and Christmas day off, and then he's bak to work. He got the job Friday.
Julie and Steve are extemely devestated over possibly losing Ben. Please pray that Satan would get out of this whole mess and that Ben would come home before Christmas. Also pray for Julie and Steve, as it is going to be extemely hard being apart for so long. We'll be over at their house almost every day, or else she'll be over here, to help her. She's ready to give up on life. It's hurting me to see her hurt. So, please pray for;
1. Ben. That he would come home and that the agency would not follow through with their threat. Rebuke Satan. He has no place in their lives.
2. For Steve and Julie as they are apart from each other.
3. For Julie to be given hope again, that she would not give up on life or on God. She's hurting right now alot.
4. For Steves mom and brother. That their breast cancer would go away.
5. The move to Atlanta. Steve and Julie have moved as much as we have, and they are sick and tired of it. They are very close to all of their friends up here, and have never had true friendships like the ones they have developed here. Please pray that they would continue to follow Gods will.

I'm sorry that was so long.

Thanks,
Nickie

theelectric3
12-06-2005, 11:03 AM
i will keep this situation in my prayers. that ben would be protected and that julie and steve would have favor with guatemala officials.

drumchick101
12-06-2005, 12:06 PM
I will defenitly pray for the entire situation

><sarah><

Aragornsgirl217
12-06-2005, 01:49 PM
thank you all very much for your prayers. I'll try to remember to update u all on them.

as~i~lay~dying
12-06-2005, 05:09 PM
aww..i will say a prayer...^yes~~make sure you keep us updated

Aragornsgirl217
12-08-2005, 04:40 AM
thanks. I talked to them yesterday, and there' sstill not an update....they replied to the nasty e-mail and as far as i've heard, haven't heard a reply.
Nickie

Aragornsgirl217
12-15-2005, 04:50 AM
Okay, here's an update for u all, i finally got one out from Julie.

Julie got a hold of the agency yesterday and the agency call Tao(the lawyer)and he said that there's one last thing to take care of, and that they should be getting the call by Friday. Then they'll have a 10 day notice to go and get Ben. So, please continue praying for that and thank you all for your prayers so far!!

Steve's job has still not given him the contract to sign, and they're refusing to put their house on the market until he gets it. He was supposed to start his job next monday(that was a mistake on my part, I thought that he was starting last monday), but they cancelled his travelling plans to go down there. His boss keeps assuring him that he'll get the contract and he'll start the job soon, but Steve and Julie are starting to wonder if maybe the whole Atlanta job thing was a test from God, as my family and I just finished going through one. So please continue to pray for this situation as well. Steve and Julie thank you all very much for your prayers! :)

-Nickie

as~i~lay~dying
12-15-2005, 07:24 AM
Well thats awesome that they get him! I will pray for Steve that he gets a job soon!

lamb_servant72
12-15-2005, 12:44 PM
Perhaps God has been holding off the contract until they get Ben, so they won't have to go through all of the paper work again!

Aragornsgirl217
12-20-2005, 06:21 AM
^That's a possibility Lisa! I've not mentioned that to her yet, because she's really touchy about the subject on Ben, obviously they didn't get the call Friday and they won't have him for Christmas. Sunday night we were over at her house and we started looking at his scrapbook, and she would've started crying I think, except we had some little kids in the room looking at it too. Okay, here's the lowdown as of yesterday.

Julie was praying yesterday morning and asked God that if there were any more road blocks, or any more signs that they were not to move down to Atlanta, to please show them now. Right after she finishes the prayer, Steve calls, and says that his boss changed the time of the meeting that was supposed to finalize this, to that afternoon, and it was only supposed to be an hour long. Julie was like, "hold up, an hour is barely enough time to do anything besides say "Here's the package that we are still offering you, do you still accept it?"". Steve was like "I hadn't thought of that"(Steves got a bad cold, so he's not thinking clearly right now). Anyway, he had the meeting while we were all out Christmas shopping(Julie went with us), he called her after the meeting. I'm not sure wat all happened, and I'll get the details later today, but something in the letter/contract wasn't right, and Steve and Julie weren't happy about it. Julie is sincerely beginning to believe/hope that they won't be moving, Steve still thinks they are.

Okay, so that's as of yesterday. I'll come back when I know more about the contract/letter.

-Nickie :)

lamb_servant72
12-20-2005, 12:14 PM
Thanks for the update, Nickie! We'll continue to pray.

Aragornsgirl217
12-21-2005, 06:51 AM
Another update.

Julie and Steve came over here last night very upset. Julie talked to the agency yesterday afternoon, and their caseworker said that because of the holidays, and that now most ppl will be taking off, and because the agency doesn't open back up until January 9( :o ), that they won't get Ben now until the end of January, beginning of Febuary, which means that Ben won't be home for his first birthday(January 19th). The agency said that there was a small chance that they might get the call today or tomorrow, but not to count on it. Julie and Steve cried for the whole afternoon literally. Then, when they came over here, they cried even more. This agency told them at the beginning of this all(3.5 years ago) that it would take between 8-10 months tops, from the moment that they signed the last piece of paper work ::] . Please please please please please pray that God would work a miracle and that they would get the call today! The agency closes for the holidays tomorrow. Julie was crying so hard last night, and they said until like, 1 this morning just talking about Ben and Atlanta(Steve's supposed to get the right contract today).

I'll update as soon as I know anything else.
-Nickie

as~i~lay~dying
12-21-2005, 07:23 AM
aww...thats sad..were kinda going through the same thing...so i know how hard it is....

Aragornsgirl217
12-23-2005, 06:06 PM
Another update.

They talked to the agency last week, and it's going to be Febuary, maybe March before they get Ben. Steve has still not gotten the contract yet, and they're both pretty fed up with that.

I'll update as soon as I know more.

-Nickie

drumchick101
12-23-2005, 07:58 PM
O my goodness, this just keeps dragging! That's awful, I will pray.

><sarah><

Aragornsgirl217
12-26-2005, 03:23 PM
^You're telling me........it's even harder since I know them and see or hear from them at least twice a week!!!!!!!

I've not heard from Julie or Steve yet....but then again it's Christmas and we're all busy.

I'll update as soon as I hear from Julie!

-Nickie

Aragornsgirl217
01-01-2006, 06:01 AM
Steve FINALLY got the right contract and signed it. So, it's official, they're moving to Atlanta, now they just have to wait for Ben. I've seen a big change in Julie since they found that out. It's easier for her to laugh now.

-Nickie

drumchick101
01-01-2006, 01:58 PM
*sigh* That's so wonderful to hear. I'll keep praying that they'll get Ben soon.

><sarah><

Aragornsgirl217
01-07-2006, 02:03 PM
Thanks. Steve has completed his first week of work, and is finding it very challenging. Julie is going down there with him next week to look for houses, right now she's in Indiana visiting friends and family.

Aragornsgirl217
01-12-2006, 04:44 AM
Okay, I have another update that Julie e-mailed me, and I'm just going to attach the e-mail(in Microsoft Word form), to this. I think that in this one, she really speaks for herself, so here it is, and please continue to pray!

Nickie

weebird20
01-12-2006, 05:09 AM
such an encouraging letter :D tis guud to see them trusting God in everything so faithfully....i will keep praying :)

Aragornsgirl217
01-13-2006, 04:11 AM
THANKS FOR YOUR PRAYERS EVERYONE!! THEY WORKED!! Yesterday around 2:15, Julie called saying that they got the call to go get Ben!!! They'll have him in about 2-3 weeks! Julie and Steve are very excited and thank you all for your prayers!!!

Ben's comin' home, Ben comin' home*dances in circle, falls over*

weebird20
01-13-2006, 04:13 AM
AWWW thats AMAZING news....im so happy ;D shall be smiling a lot today...u kno that big smile were ur cheeks just hurt...lol....but that great Nicole...thanks for keeping us updated thru all of this ;D ;D ;D

lamb_servant72
01-13-2006, 04:50 AM
That is so wonderful!!!!

The letter was very moving, I didn't have time to respond when I first read it. I prayed alot for all of them yesterday.

I just kept thinking about how one day Julie is going to be able to see why all of this happened the way it did and it will be a wonderful testimony!

I came back this morning to this news!!!

I am so happy for them!!

So, how will the time frame/schedule work now with them going to get Ben/looking for a house, etc?

Maybe you all could get a team from church to help them pack. Moving can be so stressful! I pray this move will go so smoothly, and God will give them extra strength and peaceful sleep.

What part of Atlanta are they moving to? (Note, this is an important question for those not familiar with Atlanta...it can take hours to get across town!)

We lived in the Kennesaw/Marietta area...Loved it!! There was a Buyer's Agent that helped us find a house (three weekends in a row with no luck...we had to get help!). She was great!!!!! From the house finding, to negotiating the loan, to negotiating the deal, to having the papers drawn up correctly...she was amazing!

Let me know if they are in the North Atlanta area and would be interested in using a buyer's agent. (Their fee is figured into the loan I believe...I know we didn't have to pay anything up front.)

Aragornsgirl217
01-13-2006, 05:14 AM
That is so wonderful!!!!

The letter was very moving, I didn't have time to respond when I first read it. I prayed alot for all of them yesterday.

I just kept thinking about how one day Julie is going to be able to see why all of this happened the way it did and it will be a wonderful testimony!

I came back this morning to this news!!!

I am so happy for them!!

So, how will the time frame/schedule work now with them going to get Ben/looking for a house, etc?

Maybe you all could get a team from church to help them pack. Moving can be so stressful! I pray this move will go so smoothly, and God will give them extra strength and peaceful sleep.

What part of Atlanta are they moving to? (Note, this is an important question for those not familiar with Atlanta...it can take hours to get across town!)

We lived in the Kennesaw/Marietta area...Loved it!! There was a Buyer's Agent that helped us find a house (three weekends in a row with no luck...we had to get help!). She was great!!!!! From the house finding, to negotiating the loan, to negotiating the deal, to having the papers drawn up correctly...she was amazing!

Let me know if they are in the North Atlanta area and would be interested in using a buyer's agent. (Their fee is figured into the loan I believe...I know we didn't have to pay anything up front.)
Julie's leaving with Steve on Monday to go down to Atlanta. Steve works at Aegon(sp?), so I'm not sure if that helps about which part of Atlanta they're moving too. I'll ask Julie when I talk to her next:)

Aegon is having movers come in and pack, but she and Steve want to pack some valubles(sp?) to take on their own, so that they don't get lost. Now with Ben coming(YAY!), we(Bree, Mom and I), are going to go over sometimes and help, 'cause they also have 2 dogs.

I just got an e-mail from Julie, I'll add it with this.

She's so happy:)

-Nickie

lamb_servant72
01-13-2006, 05:56 AM
I haven't laughed in my spirit that much in a while. What a beautiful letter!

There appears to be three Aegon offices in the Atlanta area. All North of Atlanta, which is good. All are in areas that are wonderful places to raise a family. There are great churches in those areas.

(If Steve leaves for work during rush hour, it takes about an hour and a half to drive 14 miles!! Brian use to leave at 5am just to avoid it!)

Didn't you tell me you thought it started with a D? There are two offices in Duluth.

Oh, I think you need to change the frownie in the title to a smilie! :D

drumchick101
01-13-2006, 07:18 AM
I'll second that...I think Steve and Julie would agree that there's no need for frowns anymore. I tried to find a good word for it but there's just not a good enough word to describe that rock-facness of this. I have been praying for them also and it is so awsome to hear that they are finally getting Ben.

You know, I write down all of the things that I say that I will pray for because otherwise I won't remember it all. When one get answered I have the best time scribbling it off of my list. It reminds me more and more of God's unyeilding faithfulness. Oh man, this is going to be a fun one. :)

><sarah><

Aragornsgirl217
01-13-2006, 08:35 AM
Yes, Lisa, it's around the Duluth/Alpharetta area. She's said that nothing can describe her happiness.

frymeskillet
01-13-2006, 01:17 PM
Wow, I didn't notice this thread in time to really truly pray for Julie, Steve, and Benjamin. Well, I surely am glad that things worked out for them. Those letters were very uplifting. I will still pray for them though!

-Savannah

Aragornsgirl217
01-14-2006, 06:49 AM
Thanks Savannah, I appreciate it, and I know that Steve and Julie do too. I'm continuing to pray that they get the call(there's another one, once the agency finds the biological mother and get's her to sign a "contract" that officially declares that she's giving Ben up.), next week, that way he's here with them at least the month of his birthday.

Does anyone know how to change the smileys, or can only mod's do that?

frymeskillet
01-15-2006, 07:48 PM
You're quite welcome :)

Aragornsgirl217
01-18-2006, 04:35 AM
Well, Steve and Julie are in Atlanta, and they've been looking for houses. They've had no luck, yesterday they found one that they really liked, but their realtor failed to tell them that someone had already bid and are now waiting on them (it's a relocation thing, so it's whoever the owners of the house want first, Steve and Julie, or this other couple)::] . Needless to say, they're pretty discouraged and frustrated. And on top of that, they think that they got food poisoning, they had to cut the house hunting short yesterday so that they could go back to the hotel and rest. So, please pray that they get over watever they have, and they find a house before they come back on Sunday.

Steve and Julie are coming back to Iowa before going to Guatamala to get Ben. They have paperwork that they need here at the house in IA, so they need to come back here.

Thanks for praying everyone!! Julie and Steve really appreciate it, and they're really needing prayer today! I'll update when I know more:)

-Nickie

weebird20
01-18-2006, 06:30 AM
sure thing Nicole....will keep praying...great to hear things are starting to move a lil faster for them.....i pray that God provides a house for them soon....but He has perfect timing...so they don't need to worry :)

Aragornsgirl217
01-21-2006, 01:56 PM
Thanks everyone for praying. Steve and Julie are leaving on the 30th of this month to go get Ben. They found a house and their offer was accepted, so the closing date it around March 20th, that's depending on the fact that their house sells quickly, and there are no more Benjamin delays.

-Nickie

disciple
01-21-2006, 05:17 PM
This is good to hear. :) Glad to hear things are finally starting to work out.

weebird20
01-23-2006, 05:41 AM
woohoo! God is guuuuuuuuuuuuuud ;D

Aragornsgirl217
01-23-2006, 06:22 AM
yeppers, He is:). Yesterday they had an open house, and 9 familys showed up! They have someone who is thinking about their house. They're trying to decide between Steve and Julies, and someone elses. So keep praying! Julie is currently trying to schedule the inspections for the house in Georgia.

as~i~lay~dying
01-23-2006, 07:13 AM
~*awesome!!!

Aragornsgirl217
02-01-2006, 02:10 PM
omg omg omg omg omg omg omg!! Julie and Steve are going to Guatamala to get Ben either Friday or Monday!!!!! YAY!!!! We were at their house with Julie when she got the call....we'll know for sure what day tomorrow afternoon. Julie is so excited, she started to cry, especially when Mom said that we'll housesit for them and watch the dogs, 'cause Julie's mom and stepdad can't, and Tanea can't...so I'll be updateing you all from Julie's office starting tomorrow or Friday!! Thank you all so much for your prayers!! Julie and Steve so appreciate them all!! Plz continue to pray that everything goes smoothly.

Also, they didn't get the house down in Guatamala, and they are firing Mia, the lovely::] realtor.

I'll update as soon as I know more!!!

Thank you all so much!! I'm so happy for them!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

~Nickie

Aragornsgirl217
02-04-2006, 09:11 AM
Okay, another update, and Julie's 2 e-mails say it all, so I'm attaching them. Thank you all so much for your prayers, the agency is being a piece of crap(again), and Steve and Julie are down there right now with Ben, waiting for the pink slip. Here are her e-mails:

Thank you all so much!!

Also, if you all could also pray for Steve and Julie's health, Julie has an incredibly weak stomach; the littlest once of stress gets her sick at her stomach, she's got allergys to almost anything you can think of; Lettuce, alchol(sp?), the grass, the trees, cats, chicken, beans, the list goes on and on and on....and Steve's the same way when it comes to the stress part....so plz pray that God will supernaturally heal them both, as they have lived with those problems long enough. It's because of those problems that Julie can't bear children.....

Thanks!
~Nickie

Aragornsgirl217
02-13-2006, 02:14 PM
Hey you all, Steve and Julie come home tomorrow with Ben!!!!! YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The wait is over, thank you all for praying soo much!!!!

Nickie

weebird20
02-14-2006, 12:01 AM
great to hear it Nicole ;D wonderful news...i pray God will bless their new wee family...

as~i~lay~dying
02-14-2006, 07:14 AM
That's soo awesome!!! =)

Aragornsgirl217
02-15-2006, 04:45 AM
I saw Ben last night...he's sooo cute! And he's walking!!! I'll try and get pic's on here.....but first I need to take pic's.....lol...

Aragornsgirl217
02-22-2006, 04:43 AM
Here are some pictures of Ben. The last one is of Him with Steve and the lovies, the tan one is Sammy and the black/tan is Molly. He's really cute to be around:D

Nickie

skynes
02-22-2006, 04:53 AM
Awww, such a wee cutie.

weebird20
02-22-2006, 05:54 AM
awwwwwww....adorable pics Nicole.....he is just sooo cute!

as~i~lay~dying
02-22-2006, 07:12 AM
aww...he is SO cute!!!! <3 I am so glad you posted pics~ It's cool to see who we've been praying for! =)

Aragornsgirl217
02-23-2006, 04:59 AM
Yep, he is...Julie and Ben are in Atlanta househunting right now, they'll be comin' back here on March 4, only to move on March 16. Their house got sold while my family and I were staying there....and get this, the realtor that helped us buy our house, was the one that sold their house!! It was a little creepy, 'cause the inspector guy on Monday recognized Mom. And we moved in a year ago:P