animeraven34
12-07-2005, 10:44 AM
I know I don't get on here much...ok, hardly at all (for reasons I'd rather not get into right now), but I hope you don't mind if ask for some prayer about a few things.

About six months ago I met this young woman, Shonda, on the 'net. We didn't talk much until about a month ago; looking back it's plain to see that neither one of us was ready for a relationship of any kind. As it stands now, we're talking over the phone, I'm driving to Topeka to spend 4 days with her over Christmas break, and we're planning on getting married sometime in the future (summer of '07 at the earliest, we're in no hurry). In some ways I'm in the opposite position that disciple was in; her parents are being supportive and mine aren't. Quite frankly I don't care what my family thinks; my family and I don't see eye to eye on...well pretty much anything. Anyway, that's a thread in and of itself.

Shonda was sexually abused as a child, by her brother. :'( Because of that and a few other things, she has major trust and insecurity issues. I've been trying to help her as much as I can, and she's admitted to me that I'm the first person she's really trusted completely in years. She's not the only one with trust issues either. In my case, I don't trust myself.

The other things have to do with school. I want to study creative writing and music, but I don't know which one I want to major in, and I'm having trouble discerning what God wants me to do. But I can't do either one unless I can get a job and restore my credit to a good standing so I can get some loans. ::] Shonda isn't sure if she even wants to continue school. Frankly, neither am I, but continuing school means a way to get away from "home".

I know there are, at the least, a few of you on here that don't like me; I can understand that, I know I'm a jerk. And I know quite a few of you don't even know me. But if you could please pray for Shonda and I, I'd be grateful. If any of you want more details before you pray or just because you're curious, then ask. If none of you pray, then thanks just for listening.

disciple
12-07-2005, 12:35 PM
Since I already know about this and you already know what I have to say about it, "Lucky SOB" and whatnot, I'll make a funny-man line and go with

Well, you know I'm already praying about it. :P

lamb_servant72
12-07-2005, 01:32 PM
I'm praying for you.

as~i~lay~dying
12-07-2005, 04:17 PM
i will say a prayer....that shonda would be able to trust,that your parnest would be supportive and that you would be able to figure out the school stuff!im so sorry your parents arent supportive of your relationship..that must be hard! congrats on your engagement! =)

animeraven34
12-07-2005, 05:33 PM
congrats on your engagement! =)
Thank you, but it's not official yet. :P If it was my parents would completely flip out. But I'm not too concerned with them. They only see what they want to see when they look at me. ::] They're going to flip out when I come back "home" next year from college with black hair and a eyebrow piercing. lol Anyway, thanks to those who are praying, I do appreciate it.

drumchick101
12-07-2005, 06:01 PM
I will pray for the entire situation. Know that God has His hand on all of this.

><sarah><