TheFireBreathes
12-08-2005, 10:51 AM
So a few days ago in science class we had a sub. He was over at my friends table helping him with work, so I came over there to work with my friend. I handed a flier for a Christian concert out to my friend and the sub noticed and asked if I was Christian. Some time later my friend (non-Christian) started asking me some questions about Jesus and stuff. And it ended up turning into an arguement over having proof that Adam and Eve existed or something. The sub ended up getting in it too but I think he was defending me. It wasnt a huge arguement or anything just fun.

A few days later in science my real teacher came in and lectured us on how somone in the class had told her about the discussion my table had with the teacher and how its not something that is aloud, and that the sub may be fired. Now we have to have some school official stay with us while we have a sub.

Im really frusterated that someone who wasnt even apart of our conversation had to tell the teacher. I had already finished most my work so we were free to goof around. Like I dont even think my teacher has the right to get this sub fired. I mean Im aloud to voice my opinion, and she never told us we werent aloud to express our religions or anything, We have religious clubs at school. So can you guys please pray for him, I dont want him to get fired because of a small discussion he had with us about Jesus.

shorty
12-08-2005, 10:57 AM
i will most definitly pray for that situation

drumchick101
12-08-2005, 02:48 PM
That's not right, just as much as people have the right to voice that they are against religion, then we must have the right to express that we are for it. The seperation of church and state means that the state cannot force you to believe, or not believe anything. Just as much as that teacher cannot force down your throat that God exists, he is not allowed to shove down your throat that God doesn't exist. Disscussing is not forcing anything, it just a disscussion started by a student. If it was started by a student and it was private (he wasn't lecturing it in front of the whole class) there is no unconstitutional fault. I will pray.

><sarah><

TheFireBreathes
12-08-2005, 03:00 PM
That's not right, just as much as people have the right to voice that they are against religion, then we must have the right to express that we are for it. The seperation of church and state means that the state cannot force you to believe, or not believe anything. Just as much as that teacher cannot force down your throat that God exists, he is not allowed to shove down your throat that God doesn't exist. Disscussing is not forcing anything, it just a disscussion started by a student. If it was started by a student and it was private (he wasn't lecturing it in front of the whole class) there is no unconstitutional fault. I will pray.

><sarah><

Yeah Im not sure why she made it such a big deal :-\ , considering Ive heard it her complain about Bush. but whatever Im going to go in with some people and talk to her about it on Monday. Thanks for your prayers Sarah and Shorty.

Aragornsgirl217
12-08-2005, 04:02 PM
I'll be praying!

as~i~lay~dying
12-08-2005, 04:11 PM
i will say a prayer...thats really skrewed up!

TheFireBreathes
12-09-2005, 07:57 PM
Hey thankyou everyone. Rmor has it that my teacher is athiest. So maybe thats why she made a big deal about it.

shorty
12-13-2005, 12:07 PM
Hey thankyou everyone. Rmor has it that my teacher is athiest. So maybe thats why she made a big deal about it.

that could be a very big part of why such a big deal was made out if it. i will continue to pray for the whole situation

pizza brain
01-08-2006, 09:35 PM
thats messed up I'll be praying for him