PsychoCanOpener
12-08-2005, 05:13 PM
Ok, so there's this girl and she's 16 (2 yrs older than me) and I like her soooo much and also as a friend(if that makes sense). But from what I understand she is Jewish (or something close to it- (I'm Christian, just to clarify) and apparently she used to be Christian. So I don't want her to know I like her cuz I don't want her to be freaked out about being around me, I still want to be her friend. And also, lately I've been thinking about talking to her about her reliegion cuz I don't fully understand it and it sounds' kind of unstable to me, so if anyone has any advice on how I should aproach this, please, do tell. ???

Later

PinkGoo
12-08-2005, 05:15 PM
Awww. That's a toughie. I don't really know what to tell you. Man, CanOpener... I haven't seen you in AGES!

PsychoCanOpener
12-08-2005, 05:16 PM
haha. yeah. what's up?

TheFireBreathes
12-08-2005, 07:10 PM
Like the signature!

Anyways, Im not much help either but do have a youth group maybe you can show her? Or maybe you can show her some Christian music and if they like it show them the lyrics also. Thats what I do a lot with my non-Christian friends.

as~i~lay~dying
12-08-2005, 07:42 PM
i think you need to just come right out and say it-ya know...my mom told me this really interesting thing she heard on the radio.."when we come to the judgement place or whatever its called and we look people in the eyes that are going to be sent to hell there going to wonder why we didnt tell them the truth!"

skynes
12-09-2005, 12:46 AM
If you don't understand, ask.

I would recommend that you spend the first couple of times just listening and asking questions. Learn as much as you can, things such as:

What she believes.
Why she believes it.
If she was once Christian, what made her be a Christian? And what made her turn away?

I wouldn't tell her about Christ until as such time as you understand enough about her position. Anyone can fire off scriptures and the Gospel, but to really make an impact it's best to pray, be patient and learn where they're coming from.

She'll be more open to what you have to say later if you show her you care enough to listen.

as~i~lay~dying
12-09-2005, 07:24 AM
If you don't understand, ask.

I would recommend that you spend the first couple of times just listening and asking questions. Learn as much as you can, things such as:

What she believes.
Why she believes it.
If she was once Christian, what made her be a Christian? And what made her turn away?

I wouldn't tell her about Christ until as such time as you understand enough about her position. Anyone can fire off scriptures and the Gospel, but to really make an impact it's best to pray, be patient and learn where they're coming from.

She'll be more open to what you have to say later if you show her you care enough to listen.

good point! :)

PsychoCanOpener
12-09-2005, 09:41 AM
Thanks guys! I know that she actually does listen to Christian bands...I really just don't know what she believes, so I'm going to try and find out. I have thought about showing her our youth group if I was able to. Cuz like you guys said, to think about her, a good friend, going to Hell...I mean I care a lot and I don't want that to happen to her, so I hope I can get through to her.

drumchick101
12-10-2005, 09:08 AM
Whoa!!! Wait a minute....If she's Jewish and possibly christian she could possible be a Messianc Jew, this is a person of Jewish decent and religion that reconizes Jesus as the saivor. That would be awsome. But I don't know all of the details, I just thought that would be cool.

><sarah><

PsychoCanOpener
12-10-2005, 02:56 PM
well, i dunno. it never occured to me that she was jewish cuz of the bands she likes and stuff. i really don't know. i may start talking to her about it next time i see her.

Isildur9473
12-10-2005, 09:45 PM
Thanks guys! I know that she actually does listen to Christian bands...I really just don't know what she believes, so I'm going to try and find out. I have thought about showing her our youth group if I was able to. Cuz like you guys said, to think about her, a good friend, going to Hell...I mean I care a lot and I don't want that to happen to her, so I hope I can get through to her.

Before you do, make sure you realize that you might not save her. I got pretty torn up when I realized I had no chance at saving my entire family on both sides.

drumchick101
12-11-2005, 03:12 PM
Good point. So often I go into situations thinking I could actually change something, but without Jesus, I can't do jack squat. Also remember (while we're on the subject), God doesn't do everything right away either.

><sarah><

theelectric3
12-12-2005, 01:27 PM
well, i dunno. it never occured to me that she was jewish cuz of the bands she likes and stuff. i really don't know. i may start talking to her about it next time i see her.

jews listen to any kind of music, just like any other race. :)

pizza brain
01-08-2006, 08:50 PM
pray only advise i can give