RAMONES
12-12-2005, 07:59 AM
i dont really know what to say....so i'm just gonna say what God placed on my heart.
Here's a little background to set things straight for people.
ever since i was a kid i've had a low self-esteem. i can remember on the 2nd day of skool in kindergarden, the 1st time i was bullied. i was playing i some dirt during recess and some kids came up to me and started to call me names. i did nothing except for get up and walk to the sand box. they followed me there and kept teaseing me. i still did nothing. one of them had a huge yellow truck that was metal. i was just sitting there when he picked it up and threw it at me. i still did nothing. the amazing thing is(i really know that was God!) that he was close enough that when he threw the toy it could of hit me straight in the head and hurt me pretty bad! but through ALL that i still did nothing, except for pray....
now im in 10th grade. i still get made fun of. i can remember last year some kid spit in my face on the bus, but all i did was wipe off my face and forgive.
so you're probablly wondering why i did'nt do anything?
or im probablly just making this up, but im not.....evre since i ws a kid i've had a low self-esteem. Satan would try to lie to me and tell me that even my biological parents hated me and that if i did'nt please me adopted parents that they would put me up for adoption.
Bu i can remember when i first listened to Sklilet's cd Collide i was listening to "Imperfection">
through that i regain my self-esteem.
now when im faced with crap from other people i dont need to fight back!
"im fearfully and wonderfully made."
"im the head and not the tail."
"i waill curse those who curse you."
i dont need to fight
GOD will fight for me!!! ;)
i hope that helped someone!
peace^_^ ;)
love to those panheads

theelectric3
12-12-2005, 01:30 PM
it is amazing how God will use a song to speak life and value back into us again. i know what it's like to get made fun of... and falsely accused. but to be kind in return...well, that's Christ. that is how He treats every one of us. it's a beautiful thing. they will know we are christians by our love. :)

thank you for sharing your story.

RAMONES
12-13-2005, 07:55 AM
it is amazing how God will use a song to speak life and value back into us again. i know what it's like to get made fun of... and falsely accused. but to be kind in return...well, that's Christ. that is how He treats every one of us. it's a beautiful thing. they will know we are christians by our love. :)

thank you for sharing your story.

im glad i could reach someone^_^

drumchick101
01-13-2006, 10:48 PM
Wow, that's big & i'm serious. The fact that it's something so natural and you've done since you were so young. God uses things like that that happened way back in elementary school (and still today) to shape us into who we are and to even show us who we are. I believe God is going to use that powerfully in your life to affect others.

I was made fun of a lot up through 9th grade or so. A lot of people at school told me things, my father said little things here and there, and so did people in my extended family. They told me I wasn't good enough, that I needed to change, that I was going to grow up to be a lesbian, and things like that. Today, seeing how I turned out, God has healed me tremendously and my mind has subconciously responded in a very different way. I am not angry at those people and actually don't really remember who said what with a few exeptions but my mind and heart responded in a competitive manner. In a way I took my childhood experiences as a challenge. I fought back by proving them wrong.

It's so awsome how God uses things like that to bring out who we really are. Like I said, the way you responded is trully Christ and God is going to use it in amazing ways. You just wait and see, He's going to further develope it and mold it. Man, I almost want a copy of the book of your life so I can see what He does with it ;). Could you write one and send it to me in 30 years??

><sarah><

p.s. Nice sig, especially as a drummer, I really like it. ;D

skynes
01-16-2006, 03:09 AM
I seem to have reacted slightly different to you both.

I 'did' do something about it. Namely standing up for myself and flooring the guy who was bullying me. Till the end of the year he never bothered me and nor did anyone in the class :P

When I was about 14. Another guy started giving me grief, mainly during hockey where I had contact with him.
His back got introduced to the full swing of my solid plastic stick.

Likewise he didn't bother me anymore.

drumchick101
01-16-2006, 11:41 AM
Ha ha, I think it's because girls are slightly more emotionally internal.

><sarah><

disciple
01-16-2006, 12:05 PM
I seem to have reacted slightly different to you both.

I 'did' do something about it. Namely standing up for myself and flooring the guy who was bullying me. Till the end of the year he never bothered me and nor did anyone in the class :P

When I was about 14. Another guy started giving me grief, mainly during hockey where I had contact with him.
His back got introduced to the full swing of my solid plastic stick.

Likewise he didn't bother me anymore.
I'd do it, but unfortunately, I had the violence beaten out of me at a younger age. :\

Now I'm a non-threatening person, I just try to talk my way out, and if that doesn't work, I usually try to avoid the situation further.

Cornflake
01-16-2006, 08:12 PM
I never really find my self in a situation that I need violence. But I believe if someone hit me, I'd not just "Turn the other cheek". I'd probably knock his block off. I think that you should stand up for your self.