ccjamp
12-12-2005, 09:17 AM
Well, this is my first post, so...yay! (Been a panhead for years, just registered now).

Anyway, some hacker got into Skillet's myspace. Now when you go to their myspace, it automatically redirects to his. I reported it to Myspace Customer Support, but no answer yet.

Wanted to know if anyone has seen this...

Pretendeavor
12-12-2005, 11:48 AM
Well, this is my first post, so...yay! (Been a panhead for years, just registered now).

Anyway, some hacker got into Skillet's myspace. Now when you go to their myspace, it automatically redirects to his. I reported it to Myspace Customer Support, but no answer yet.

Wanted to know if anyone has seen this...
yeah i have seen this. what the need to do is disabel html comments. if i can find out who runs it i could tell them.

terrasin
12-12-2005, 12:28 PM
Zach has been contacted. It will be taken care of.

CJ

theelectric3
12-12-2005, 01:08 PM
ah yes, i noticed that. glad to hear it'll be taken care of.

amodman
12-12-2005, 01:22 PM
But the question is, was his music any good? ;)

skillet_head
12-12-2005, 04:57 PM
Even before it got hacked into, the one thing that didn't seem like it was Skillet's site was because 1)The offical site addy was skillet.com instead of skillet.org. So that made me think it was just a fan impersonating them. Also if you were a band wouldn't you have your first single up that broke big? To me that would make sense.

It's just one of the reasons why I thought it was a fake site.

-J

terrasin
12-12-2005, 05:01 PM
It was a fan site till recently it was taken over by Skillet's managment.

As for the hack... it's just an html trick. No one hacked their account.

CJ

amodman
12-12-2005, 06:29 PM
It was a fan site till recently it was taken over by Skillet's managment.

As for the hack... it's just an html trick. No one hacked their account.

CJ

Just fyi, altering the use of a program is the informal use of the word 'hack' (within its computer sense, anyway) http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=hack ;).

unshakeable15
12-12-2005, 10:47 PM
Even before it got hacked into, the one thing that didn't seem like it was Skillet's site was because 1)The offical site addy was skillet.com instead of skillet.org. So that made me think it was just a fan impersonating them. Also if you were a band wouldn't you have your first single up that broke big? To me that would make sense.

It's just one of the reasons why I thought it was a fake site.

-J
oh, but they have bought out skillet.com as well. both .com and .org take you to the site. has for at least since the beginning of the year(?).

the_jesta
12-12-2005, 11:20 PM
No that started a few months ago. I was a chronic typer of "skillet.com"