unshakeable15
12-12-2005, 11:06 PM
got this link from a friend, who recieved it from one her friends.

looks like the UN held a celebration of sorts for the people of Palestine. wanted to hear what you thought about it.

here's the website i got the info from, tho i'm sure there are others out there. (http://www.israelnn.com/news.php3?id=94461)

skynes
12-13-2005, 12:43 AM
Any nation or people that ever screwed with the Jews, faced the full wrath of God, no exceptions.

If the UN are planning to screw with the Jews, then we can kiss the UN goodbye.

Isildur9473
12-13-2005, 08:08 AM
If the UN are planning to screw with the Jews, then we can kiss the UN goodbye.

Why aren't the Arabs gone?

skynes
12-14-2005, 12:57 AM
Cause God said that the Arabs and Jews will ALWAYS be at animosity and will always fight until the very End.

terrasin
12-14-2005, 07:34 AM
Palestine = http://www.roadie.net/portal/html/uploads/smil42fee67ed4b5a.gif

Though as much as I tire of the senselessness, I know it will never end.

CJ

Isildur9473
12-14-2005, 08:34 AM
I don't understand, why is God willing to kill his own creation to protect a hunk of land?

skynes
12-14-2005, 10:23 AM
It's not the land that matters.

That land was given by God Himself to Abraham's descendants (Jews) and people have tried taken it from them.
In essence they are trying to steal from God, and He's having none of it.

Isildur9473
12-14-2005, 10:31 AM
It's not the land that matters.

That land was given by God Himself to Abraham's descendants (Jews) and people have tried taken it from them.
In essence they are trying to steal from God, and He's having none of it.

But aren't we all Gods children? This just doesn't make sense, God willing to do something like destroying the United Nations over land.

skynes
12-14-2005, 11:32 AM
No we are NOT all God's children. God's children are those who believe in His Son, noone else.

Everybody else is a traitor to God.
The land belongs to God, He gave it to His special people. He has every right to wipe out anything that gets in the way of that.

Look at history

Babylonians, big empire, screwed with the Jews, annihilated.
Soviet Union, big empire, screwed with the Jews, annihilated.
British Empire, big empire, screwed with the Jews, annihilated.
Nazi's, Powerful force, screwed with the Jews, annihilated.
Edypt, big empire, screwed with the Jews, annihilated.

The list goes on and on

bob
12-14-2005, 02:11 PM
In Genesis 20 and 21 Abraham has a child (Ishmael) with Abimelech, a bondservant of Abraham. His wife Sarah suggested this because she couldn't bear children. This, was going against God's will. But Sarah ended up having a child about 10 years later and God said of Ishmael in Gen. 21:13 "Yet I will also make a nation of the son of the bondwoman, because he is your seed." So, Ishmael's descendants had a nation (Palestinians) and Iaasac had a nation (Israelies) and the rest is history really.

aliengurl7
12-14-2005, 02:17 PM
No we are NOT all God's children. God's children are those who believe in His Son, noone else.

The land belongs to God, He gave it to His special people. He has every right to wipe out anything that gets in the way of that.

Look at history

The list goes on and on

Is it just about the Jews or is it about Israel and all the tribes, also?

Didn't God say that many nations will come against Israel in the last days and be destroyed?

TheFireBreathes
12-14-2005, 02:50 PM
K this confuses me, I here a lot of Jewish kids at school say stupid things like "haha i killed Jesus", (these kids arent actually practising Jews) but wasnt it really the Romans who killed Him?

aliengurl7
12-14-2005, 03:08 PM
According to Luke and Paul the Jews did.

Act 10:39 And we are witnesses of all things which he did both in the land of the Jews, and in Jerusalem; whom they slew and hanged on a tree:

1thess 2:14-15 For you, brethren, became imitators of the churches of God which are in Judea in Christ Jesus. For you also suffered the same things from your own countrymen, just as they did from the Judeans, 15 who killed both the Lord Jesus and their own prophets, and have persecuted us; and they do not please God and are contrary to all men,

TheFireBreathes
12-14-2005, 03:36 PM
According to Luke and Paul the Jews did.

Act 10:39 And we are witnesses of all things which he did both in the land of the Jews, and in Jerusalem; whom they slew and hanged on a tree:

1thess 2:14-15 For you, brethren, became imitators of the churches of God which are in Judea in Christ Jesus. For you also suffered the same things from your own countrymen, just as they did from the Judeans, 15 who killed both the Lord Jesus and their own prophets, and have persecuted us; and they do not please God and are contrary to all men,

Hmm, could be. I dont know where I heard the Romans think from.

aliengurl7
12-14-2005, 03:37 PM
The romans actually did the crucifixion but the Jews conspired to have him killed.

TheFireBreathes
12-14-2005, 03:51 PM
Ohh I see. Must of gotten them mixed up

disciple
12-14-2005, 03:52 PM
Because this thread is just a little to warm and caring. ;)

Whatever will be, will be. Personally, whatever happens will happen within God's will, so I am not worried.

Isildur9473
12-14-2005, 04:59 PM

The list goes on and on

Well, God's children are those that believe in Jesus. Jews don't... This still doesn't make sense. All of those empires were crushed by men, not by God.

asparagus
12-14-2005, 07:26 PM

The land belongs to God, He gave it to His special people. He has every right to wipe out anything that gets in the way of that.Well said. Couldn't agree more...

Look at history

You're suggesting this is a causal relationship when it is only correlative.

My $0.02,
Alex

skynes
12-15-2005, 12:29 AM
Well, God's children are those that believe in Jesus. Jews don't... This still doesn't make sense. All of those empires were crushed by men, not by God.

God uses men to accomplish His purpose.
All those empires flourished and grew up to the point they messed with the Jews. Later they got wiped out.

Roman Empire is another one.

You're suggesting this is a causal relationship when it is only correlative.
You what?

Isildur9473
12-15-2005, 08:38 AM
All those empires flourished and grew up to the point they messed with the Jews. Later they got wiped out.

You what?

How do we know this wasn't random chance though? Plenty of large empires have existed that were wiped out, just becuase these share a common characterstic, doesn't mean we can instantly say that it was God destroying them can we?

skynes
12-15-2005, 11:17 AM
How do we know this wasn't random chance though?
Well for one, I don't believe chance exists.

Plenty of large empires have existed that were wiped out, just becuase these share a common characterstic, doesn't mean we can instantly say that it was God destroying them can we?

Greg, do you read your Bible?
If you do, I suggest you go read the Old Testament, starting from say Exodus and work your way to the end, skipping the books of Wisdom (Psalms, Proverbs etc.) but keep the Prophets.

If you don't, Who the hell are you to tell me about God? Go read your Bible!! Most of the questions you ask on here are easily answered if you picked up that book and read it!

(Yeah I know that was snappy. But if you can give it, you can take it ;))

bob
12-15-2005, 12:42 PM
How do we know this wasn't random chance though?

Israel was destroyed and almost 2000 years later it formed into a country again in 1947, that has never happened in History, and will never happen again.

NightCrawler
12-15-2005, 12:51 PM
Palestine = http://www.roadie.net/portal/html/uploads/smil42fee67ed4b5a.gif

Though as much as I tire of the senselessness, I know it will never end.

CJ
I just saved that animation to my computer.

Isildur9473
12-15-2005, 01:56 PM
Well for one, I don't believe chance exists.

Greg, do you read your Bible?
If you do, I suggest you go read the Old Testament, starting from say Exodus and work your way to the end, skipping the books of Wisdom (Psalms, Proverbs etc.) but keep the Prophets.

If you don't, Who the hell are you to tell me about God? Go read your Bible!! Most of the questions you ask on here are easily answered if you picked up that book and read it!

(Yeah I know that was snappy. But if you can give it, you can take it ;))

Yes, I've read my bible, I think most of it's crazy. The Bible didn't really anwser either. It said that countries that specifically mess with Jews get terminated eventually. It didn't say which countries, or how much a country had to mess with a Jew.

The United States has put Jews to death before, how come we're not destroyed?

TheFireBreathes
12-15-2005, 02:09 PM

The Roman Empire collapsing didnt have anything to do with the Jews. The only reason they collapsed is because they were getting to greedy and arrogant to control themselves.

disciple
12-15-2005, 02:17 PM
Yes, I've read my bible, I think most of it's crazy.
If anybody who's spoken directly to Greg didn't think he believed this, make sure you read this sentence and then rethink your response to anything you say.

'Cause I know in his position I'd love to be attacked by people who put their evidence in something I believe to be crazy. [/sarcasm]

The United States has put Jews to death before, how come we're not destroyed? That depends on your view of destroyed. ;)

TheFireBreathes
12-15-2005, 02:25 PM

The United States has put Jews to death before, how come we're not destroyed?

Because there is no greater friend of Isreal than us. No country gives Israel more economice, humanitarian, and military aid than the United States. God also promised to bless those who bless isreal.

skynes
12-15-2005, 02:40 PM
Yes, I've read my bible, I think most of it's crazy. The Bible didn't really anwser either.

Stick with it and pray before you read. It'll make more sense over time

amodman
12-15-2005, 03:09 PM
:o Insane. I wonder, though, is God readying a sword against his own people yet again to seperate out the dross (Ie. Ezekiel 21)? Again, with Ezekiel as an example, though, every country that he ever used against Israel was completely wiped out afterwards...that's a death knell for the UN.

unshakeable15
12-15-2005, 03:54 PM
Whatever will be, will be. Personally, whatever happens will happen within God's will, so I am not worried.
isn't that just the greatest attitude ever. :P

my neighbor will come to know Christ if it's God's will, so i might as well not do anything.

my uncle will live, if it's God will, whether or not i give him one of my kidneys.

i didn't need to keep close attention to my little sister; she would have died anyway, drowing or not, because it was God's will.

we have the remarkable ability to be used by God, or not. we can make change, do our best to make even a piece of this work look beautiful, or not. to say "what is, is" makes us as equal to the animals in that they cannot work against entropy in our world.

TheFireBreathes
12-15-2005, 04:00 PM
isn't that just the greatest attitude ever. :P

my neighbor will come to know Christ if it's God's will, so i might as well not do anything.

my uncle will live, if it's God will, whether or not i give him one of my kidneys.

i didn't need to keep close attention to my little sister; she would have died anyway, drowing or not, because it was God's will.

we have the remarkable ability to be used by God, or not. we can make change, do our best to make even a piece of this work look beautiful, or not. to say "what is, is" makes us as equal to the animals in that they cannot work against entropy in our world.

Right on. That reminded me of this verse:
Abba, Father, "he said, "everything is possible for you. Take this cup from me. Yet not what I will, but what You will." -Mark 14:36

disciple
12-15-2005, 04:04 PM
What I meant is, whatever happens in this case will happen within God's will. There's nothing I can do to change what has happened, and after all, it's not like I can about to what the UN does with Israel or Palistine. I never said that about anything else.

amodman
12-15-2005, 04:55 PM
What I meant is, whatever happens in this case will happen within God's will. There's nothing I can do to change what has happened, and after all, it's not like I can about to what the UN does with Israel or Palistine. I never said that about anything else.

Mike got a little, shall we say, overzealous in making a point, heh ;). Good point, though, Unshakeable.

NightCrawler
12-15-2005, 07:36 PM
The Roman Empire collapsing didnt have anything to do with the Jews. The only reason they collapsed is because they were getting to greedy and arrogant to control themselves.Perhaps we need to get a differentiation out:

God takes out whomever messes with the Jews. Not that the Jews will always be successful, because it is not them doing it. It is all God. Didn't He even say that when He made the promise to Abraham?

Anyway, God said that the Roman empire will be huge and fierce, divided... and then some. Didn't He say it was going to collapse?

Now, you could take two different views on this:
1) God just plain knew the future and wanted to enlighten us with this information.
2) God sets up kingdoms and takes down empires, He says what He means and does what He wants. He said the future will come about a certain way, and the nation will fall because God set it up that way.

Disciple:
Very passive way to look at God's will. Mike went a little gung-ho, but... he has a good point.

skynes
12-16-2005, 01:05 AM
I don't think it's Passive, I think it's spot on.

Worrying and fretting over it is pointless, it accomplishes nothing.
If God wants to destroy a Nation, then we cannot do anything about it.

God knows what He's doing, if He decides to wipe out a people, then He does it for a reason.

NightCrawler
12-16-2005, 11:32 PM
I don't think it's Passive, I think it's spot on.

Worrying and fretting over it is pointless, it accomplishes nothing.
If God wants to destroy a Nation, then we cannot do anything about it.

God knows what He's doing, if He decides to wipe out a people, then He does it for a reason.
Passive scenario:
I don't brush my teeth nor floss. Why? Because I shouldn't bother when it is God's will to give me clean teeth!

Assertive scenario:
I brush my teeth and floss because I believe it is God's will for me to have clean teeth.

In neither case is God's will being threatened, but the approach is different... and show's God's will : /