skilletosis
12-20-2005, 05:26 PM
My hubby may be getting transfered to Texas. Please have us in your prayers that if it's Gods will and plan that it will happen. We should find out the first week of January.

theelectric3
12-20-2005, 08:25 PM
sure thing. please keep us updated.

drumchick101
12-21-2005, 09:47 AM
Texas...that's a bit of a jump. I'll pray.

><sarah><

skilletosis
01-03-2006, 02:04 PM
Well it's official, we are moving to Texas. Boy do I have a lot of work to do. And not a moment to soon. Last week the cops pulled over some punk in front of our house and shot him. They were totally justified in thier actions, but I have had it with this neighborhood.

drumchick101
01-03-2006, 02:30 PM
So moving is a good thing then...have fun in Texas. ;D

><sarah><

PinkGoo
01-03-2006, 02:34 PM
Oh dear. Not ANOTHER Texas Panheads... :D

unshakeable15
01-04-2006, 08:37 PM
not TX!! as if getting to meet you when you lived in SoCal wasn't hard enough. :P

it's for the best, i'm sure. no one should live in a neighbor where you have to deal with all that you've had to.

theelectric3
01-05-2006, 02:24 PM
wow. best wishes with the move and everything.

disciple
01-05-2006, 03:05 PM
I hope your move goes smoothly -- I know my family and I had a couple rough moves.

Let's hope you guys don't lose anything like we did. :P

lamb_servant72
01-05-2006, 03:36 PM
I'm praying your move will go smoothly!

Which part of Texas? West, East...?

skilletosis
01-18-2006, 11:53 AM
We are moving to the Abilene/EastlandBreckenridge/Stephenville area, it's about a 60 mile area that we can go to. In fact we just put the house on the market last Saturday. Now that was some fun stuff. We worked non-stop from Friday till the next Saturday (8 days) painting the house, cleaning all the carpets, filling up a construction dumpster with trees we cut down and old furniture. I lot of work but totally worth it.

theelectric3
01-18-2006, 01:32 PM
i know how crazy it can be to put your house up for sale... getting stuff worked on it and everything. but worth it for sure. i hope the entire process continues to go smoothly.

as~i~lay~dying
01-19-2006, 09:38 PM
Well...have fun and I hope everything goes smoothly for you =)

skilletosis
03-01-2006, 11:57 AM
We just accepted an offer and the house is in escrow yet we still don't have a firm date from my hubbys company. Selling the house was just a bunch of fun (yuck, yuck).

The week before we got the offer for no reason at all the heater fell out of the wall. Yes I did just say that. So we replaced it which wasn't so bad.

Another lovely note on the neighborhood is this. My daughter said that this one group across the street had to be out by March sometime. Which was great news to all of the neighbors. So I have seen some different people there. Turns out that only some of them moved out and the guy that just moved in was just released from prison. They also don't understand the responsibility of garbage pick up. They leave thier cans 3 feet in front of the front door, overflowing. Then 3 days before the pick up they put thier cans and bags (automated pick up doesn't pick up the stuff not in the can) on the street in front of the curb. For 2 days my poor neighbor Javier has had to pick up the trash that blew in his yard. This morning Javier came out and picked up the bags and put them in the cans as the new lovelies haven't put them away. Last week they stayed out for 3 days past pick up. I'll say one thing about this place, it is never dull.

skilletosis
04-27-2006, 11:41 AM
Ok here's an update. The buyers lender is not doing his job. Please pray that this gets taken care of and closed by Wed. If it doesn't we will be in a real bad situation.

lamb_servant72
04-27-2006, 12:31 PM
Still praying for ya, Skill. I feel a peace when I pray for your move. You are amazing.

skilletosis
04-27-2006, 02:32 PM
It feels good to know about the peace. I have been let's say less than peacefull, less than amazing, less than good. I have been a complete and utter stressed out, grouchy, rotten, witch. If we can just get through this transition and find a church to start going to we could get back on track. I truelly need that. Talk about sinning, if you've ever read my posts on profanity you wouldn't believe it was me who posted it the way I've been acting. Utterly shameful. It's not the transition that started this, but it certainly has fueled the bad behavior. I'm trying to turn from it but I am failing. I know I can't do it on my own. I've got to retrain myself to turn off the world and turn on to God every day. I need to get back to the concept of 20 a day.

So why am I saying this. For one I need to face it. Secondly to remind us all that it just goes to show you that even when you think you are strong you can hit a major valley. The thing is not to go into that valley alone. I've been sitting in this valley long enough without relying on Him. Time to change that.

skilletosis
05-13-2006, 07:24 PM
Ok it's been a real busy couple of weeks here. The sale of our house finally went through. In fact we flew to Texas and put an offer on a house and it was accepted the same day we got the proceeds from the sale. It couldn't have come any closer than it did. Anyhow the house is more than twice as nice as the one we sold and we got it a little cheaper than when we had bought the old house for. And we have trees. We have a pecan tree, a plumb tree, and 5 or 6 other fruit trees that I don't even know what they are yet. Can anyone say PIE!!!!! You know I can, and I'll be saying it with my mouth full of fresh homemade pie. So we will be heading out to Texas around the 7th of June. It's been a long time in coming.

john316
05-14-2006, 04:59 AM
Rach

I couldn't be happier for you...I am so glad that God is working all this out. That homemade pie does sound :lick:

I have a question though...now that you are an Texan.. Are you going to root for the Rangers or the Astros?

Best wishes and may your new home be filled with health and happiness.

Blessings

John

skilltroks
05-14-2006, 07:46 AM
Glad everything is working out.

unshakeable15
05-16-2006, 06:20 PM
And remember to make that pie big, 'cause everything's bigger... you know.

Good to hear it all went well. :D

skilletosis
05-16-2006, 09:15 PM
I have a question though...now that you are an Texan.. Are you going to root for the Rangers or the Astros?

John, The Rangers of course. Why you ask? Because they are an American League team. Of course it doesn't hurt that they are in 1st place right now.

Mike, nothing but deep dish will come out of my oven.

skilletosis
06-04-2006, 04:59 PM
Just to let you know we are leaving for Texas on Wednesday. It will take about a week to get there and get unpacked and set up. Please pray for a safe trip for us. Thank You.

pizza brain
06-04-2006, 07:44 PM
will do :)

skilletosis
06-15-2006, 06:34 PM
Well we made it to Texas. I have tons to do and only a temporary dial up connection for now. My hubby fell from the moving van while unloading (he took a step backwards and completely missed the ramp, I don't know how he didn't break his hip)and has the most humongous bruise I have ever seen in my life. Please pray for his healing. He is mobile, but real slow which is hard for him because he just doesn't know how to sit down and take it easy until that is all he can do physically. So please pray. I probably won't come back on until we get our dsl in a day or so. I just wanted to ask for more prayers. Thank You everyone.