agent_c68
12-28-2005, 11:48 PM
Some of you probably already know this, but a little more prayer doesn't hurt. And I apologize in advance for when I start to rant.

Anyways... for the past two months I've become interested in a girl in my college group. We got along rather well and were pretty good friends. so two weeks ago, I got an E-mail from her that was basically a break-up before I even asked her out. So the past two weeks have been up and down, sometimes I'm feeling alright and others I feel like dirt. the past two days I've felt like dirt, I could not socalize last night and I later got into an argument with one of my closest friends, which made me fell even worse then dirt. I'm coming off of it now, but I don't know how long it will last. I did reconcile with my friend, but I am finding it difficult to act "normal" with the girl.

Now for the short rant. Don't E-mail a break up (or any other personal thing)! There are times it can be excused (one friend was out of town and never online the same time I was so it was the only way she could communicate with me), but when there is something that must be said, it's better to say it in person. If you really wanted to be a "friend", then you would ask me if there was a chance for us to talk. the excuse I got was "I never found the right oppertunity", then make the oppertunity and ask to speak with me briefly. argh, and it sucks that today she rubs it in that she just finished reading "wild at heart" and now "understands guys more". Although my first girlfriend did alot of things wrong during the break-up, she was right in telling me in person.

And if you are going to break the bad new, make it clear that you have put consideration into it. I "feel" won't always cut it, but showing that you've thought it through makes it clear that this isn't a rash descision, but a thoughtful consideration. Feelings take minimal effort, but thought takes time and mental effort. Emotional descisions don't always float well with most guys. Alright, enough rant...

Anyways... Pray that I can deal with this situation soon. I also need some encouragement, It sucks that this has been like the third time that a girl has told me "I see you as a Brother in Christ and nothing more then that", with two of them saying that before I even asked either girl out. (one in the spring and one two weeks ago)

Cornflake
12-29-2005, 09:01 AM
I totally feel you man. I still haven't resolved all my issues with my last g/f. And its been .. a month and a half.

I've been reading that book. Not finished it yet, but its good. But yeah, email and phone breakups are the worst. It makes you feel like your not even worth the effort to meet in person.

I'll be remembering ya bro. Trust me, I know how you feel, but its not the end. I'd suggest limited contact with her though, till your wounds aren't so fresh.

as~i~lay~dying
12-29-2005, 11:46 AM
I'm sorry...I will say a prayer for you. I understand the frusterations over the e-mail "breakup", I would find that very frusterating too! Hang in there and remember that GOD WILL bring someone too you! And you will know when she's the right one and so wil she. Also remember His time is perfect! =)