Crash N Burn
01-05-2006, 07:35 PM
A few days ago i found out that a very close friend of mine is thinking about going out with a guy that hit her and badmouthed her :'( . Her reasoning is that people deserve second chances. But when i brought up the fact that I have always been there for her and she never gave me a first chance she just shrugged me off. That stung but i got over it becaus i get that alot, but not as bad as the fact that she always goes back to this jerk. After all that he put her through, i had to keep her from killing herself several times the first time. My question is why would she go back with him.(to clear up any confusion i know the guy he wont change.)

skynes
01-06-2006, 12:28 AM
Your question requires a very long answer. Long long long answer. Try and get the book Captivating by John and Stasi Eldredge. It'll answer it very well.

If you wanna know what you can do, pray for her. Pray for her lots.

Isildur9473
01-06-2006, 08:34 AM
A lot of girls (Not all) always go for the "badass". It's sad, but find a real great one, and she won't.

NightCrawler
01-07-2006, 05:44 PM
Self-destructive personality?

skynes
01-09-2006, 12:40 AM
No, there's lots more to it than self-destructive. Lots of factors

drumchick101
01-09-2006, 11:41 AM
Actually, I've been meaning to read the book "captivating" but I haven't had a chance.

One of the things that would make a girl do this is when she wasn't really fathered. This jerk fills that hole because when he hits her he shows dominion over her that she never had. Also, fathers are the first men in our life, if they don't show us how we should be treated, we won't know until someone does. That's just one of the things I've found.

><sarah><