timmyrotter
01-07-2006, 01:14 PM
what do you guys think about the future of the middle east? namely Iran, Iraq, Israel, Palestine? a lot is happening with the death of Ariel Sharon, and yassar Arafat... what is going to happen next?

Isildur9473
01-07-2006, 01:33 PM
Probably countless civil wars/regional wars for the rest of it's time in existance. As of right now after Sharon, Palastine could try stuff, I dunno. They really don't seem to like Jewish Israel.

Also, hopefully our next president actually practices common sense and doesn't go starting wars with Middle Eastern countries like our current one.

timmyrotter
01-07-2006, 01:51 PM
i'd have to dissagree somewhat on the wars(and the second part as well, but thats for another thread) it seems people are leaning more towards peace, that is they want it not neccesarily practice it. i think the next to step in, at least for israel will campain for peace. but i may be wrong...

Isildur9473
01-07-2006, 01:54 PM
Think about all the radicalists, and fringe leaders that will pop up. That place has had wars constantly going on since people settled it. Why would they stop now?

timmyrotter
01-07-2006, 01:55 PM
biblical reasons, but i may be premature on this.

unshakeable15
01-07-2006, 01:58 PM
but even that peace prophesied in the Bible isn't a true peace. there really will be no Shalom for the Middle East so long as man lives without God.

(oooohhhh, deeep!)

Isildur9473
01-07-2006, 02:19 PM
biblical reasons, but i may be premature on this.

It says in the Bible that after Sharon dies suddely their will be less fighting in the Middle East? I'm a bit rusty in most of the Bible..

unshakeable15
01-07-2006, 06:31 PM
no, it says that as a prequel to the 7 years of tribulation, there will be peace in the Middle East.

tho, i might be remembering the Left Behind moreso than my Bible.

disciple
01-07-2006, 06:34 PM
tho, i might be remembering the Left Behind moreso than my Bible.
yeah, try not to get those two confused. :P

NightCrawler
01-07-2006, 06:45 PM
Eh... the descendants of two rival-brothers locked in a battle to the death until the world itself is removed from existance. Not before, not later. How about that for the future of the middle east?

timmyrotter
01-08-2006, 04:37 PM
yes i know it is not a "true peace" but people will be calling for it... peace is unfathomable, and unobtainable... until jesus comes back. (hows that for deep? :))

TheFireBreathes
01-08-2006, 06:01 PM
yes i know it is not a "true peace" but people will be calling for it... peace is unfathomable, and unobtainable... until jesus comes back. (hows that for deep? :))

I could be getting my thinking mixed up, but I dont think earth will ever have peace even when He returns. Not until God makes a new world or whatever. It sais there is going to be a huge war doesnt it?

Mr. Xcitement
01-21-2006, 09:02 PM
I forget, but I think the Bible does mention a big war, but that's before Jesus comes, when He comes, He will restore peace on Earth. Also, as for middle east peace, I don't know how close it is now, since Iran is trying to get nuclear weapons and have shown their hatred for israel, it could turn real bad if they got the nukes.

@peace39
01-22-2006, 11:23 AM
it wil be like peace for a bit but then lots of war, armageddon, babylons (iraq) supposed to be crushed by a huge army from a faraway place to teh north. russia is supposed to invade down from the norht and attack jeruselem (and fail) a kingdom from the south (some believe to be china and saudi arabia and all thier allies around there) and Huge war, but first ther will be peace when teh antichrist come and rules from solomons temple, once the push teh muslims of it.

skynes
01-23-2006, 12:22 AM
Hell on earth for 3 1/2 years followed by Christ's return

1000 years of Christ reigning, followed by one more final battle. Satan is sent to hell.

Christ rules on earth eternally.

That's the future there.

Aragornsgirl217
01-23-2006, 07:12 AM
Hell on earth for 3 1/2 years followed by Christ's return

1000 years of Christ reigning, followed by one more final battle. Satan is sent to hell.

Christ rules on earth eternally.

That's the future there.
It's hell on earth for 7 years, followed by Christ's return.

I forget where, I think it's in Ezekiel or Daniel, but there's a prophesy that says that there will be a great war over Israel, and God will single handedly save His people. That's to happen right before the Rapture (If you watch the first LB movie, Bruce says the verse in there)

skynes
01-23-2006, 07:45 AM
Was it not The beasts rule lasting 3 1/2 years?

Aragornsgirl217
01-23-2006, 11:18 AM
Was it not The beasts rule lasting 3 1/2 years?
He reigns for 3 1/2 years, then he will be killed with the sword, be possessed Satan, and rule 3 1/2 more years after that. A total of seven years.

unshakeable15
01-23-2006, 01:05 PM
um, not knowing much, but i think the actual Beast only rules for 3.5 years. the other 3.5 was just the Antichrist. that is, the Beast comes to inhabit the Antichrist after he's killed.

timmyrotter
01-23-2006, 06:47 PM
it is controversial exactly how the tribulation will go... but it wont be good.

Aragornsgirl217
01-24-2006, 05:52 AM
um, not knowing much, but i think the actual Beast only rules for 3.5 years. the other 3.5 was just the Antichrist. that is, the Beast comes to inhabit the Antichrist after he's killed.

Revelation 13:1-8
"Then I stood on the sand of the sea. And I saw a beast rising up out of the sea, having seven heads and ten horns, and on his heads a blasphemous name. Now the beast which I saw was like a leopard, his feet were like the feet of a bear, and his mouth like the mouth of a lion. The dragon[Satan] gave him his power, his throne, and great authority
And I saw one of his heads as if it had been mortally wounded, and his deadly wound was healed. And all the world marveled and followed the beast. So they worshiped the dragon who gave authority to the beast; and they worshiped the beast, saying "Who is like the beast? Who is able to make war with him?"
And he was given a mouth speaking great things and blasphemies, and he was given authority to continue for 42 months. Then he opened his mouth in blasphemy against God, to blaspheme His name, His tabernacle, and those who dwell in heaven. It was granted to him to make war with the saints and to overcome them. And authority was given to him over evert tribe, tongue and nation. All who dwell on the earth will worship him, whose names have not been written in the Book of Life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world."

The dragon is Satan, the beast is the Anti-christ. Farther into the chapter, you find another beast that will be the Anti-christ's righthand man. The beast will rule for 3 1/2 years, then he will recieve a deadly wound, given by the sword(verse 14, last part). After he is killed(deadly wound), Satan will possess him, and he will reign another 42 month(3 1/2 years), with Satan abiding in him and controlling his very being. The Anti-christ is refered to as the beast many times in Revelation before and after this verse.

unshakeable15
01-26-2006, 04:23 PM
which is why i said "not knowing much."

but again, this could be chalked up to interpretation as well. John may have called the Antichrist the Beast, but really refering to him that way for those 3.5 years only. or it could be the Antichrist really is the Beast those 7 years, but it's a split personality deal and one is more dominant than the other, then it switches halfway through.

we don't really know.

asparagus
01-26-2006, 06:16 PM
we don't really know.
After a lot of thought and study, I think I have decided that that phrase is probably the wisest position to have on end-times interpreation and summarizes my thoughts entirely. :-) In my book, a humble position can often be a very wise position.

alorian
01-26-2006, 06:18 PM
The future of the middle east: Glass?

disciple
01-26-2006, 06:41 PM
After a lot of thought and study, I think I have decided that that phrase is probably the wisest position to have on end-times interpreation and summarizes my thoughts entirely. :-) In my book, a humble position can often be a very wise position.
I agree; man has tried predicting the end times since Revelations was created, and man has been wrong every time.