Bassplayer
01-10-2006, 02:54 PM
Hey. I need some prayer. I just found out that my grandmother has a cancerous brain tumor. This has been a shock to my entire family. We really need some prayer. We're all believing for a miracle. My grandmother is "Baptist" and claims to be saved but we are not so sure. Please pray that God uses this as a way to draw her to Him (or if she is really saved) that God will bring her in closer. Also, please pray that God will use this to bring my entire family close to Him. I feel that we've all gotten kinda distant. Anyways, please keep my family in your prayers. Thanks Alot

D

lamb_servant72
01-10-2006, 03:19 PM
I'm praying Dustin.

Bassplayer
01-10-2006, 03:21 PM
thank you.

weebird20
01-11-2006, 03:31 AM
praying Dustin :)

drumchick101
01-11-2006, 01:30 PM
You have the right heart and the ability to see the good in this either way, & that's something that's hard to come by. God also honors that, & I'm believing that He will see to both of your requests, I'm praying for you, your family and grandma.

><sarah><

frymeskillet
01-11-2006, 03:03 PM
you're in my prayers

panhead_91
01-11-2006, 03:40 PM
I am praying

as~i~lay~dying
01-11-2006, 08:23 PM
I'm so very sorry~ I will say a prayer for your grandma!

Aragornsgirl217
01-12-2006, 04:45 AM
I'm praying :)

Bassplayer
01-14-2006, 08:14 AM
thanks guys. it means alot to me. i'll keep you guys posted on what going on.

Bassplayer
01-17-2006, 06:31 PM
well, things are starting to look up a little. My grandma is getting kimo and radiation treatments everyother week. she is slightly paralized from the waist down but the doctors say that'll subside within the next few weeks. she cannot feel or control most anything below the waist but again, that is said to subside later on. Everyone so far is having a pretty good prospect on things. Please keep praing. Thanks

D

weebird20
01-18-2006, 01:03 AM
will do Dustin :D glad things are going well.

Bassplayer
01-25-2006, 05:51 AM
well, she has been moved into her home. She still doesn't have alot of control. Her kids come everyday and help her out (bathing and all that stuff.) She's getting radiation and kimo treatments every other week. It's still an uphill battle right now. Please keep praying.

D

Bassplayer
02-08-2006, 01:16 PM
Hey guys. We really need some prayer. My Grandma just finished kimo and is starting radiation. In the past, people who have had radiation as well as kimo have lived two years longer, but almost all have kind lost their mind. At least most people her age. Plus, the Dr. told her to eat sugar so that she has more energy and doesn't loose weight, but sugar only feeds cancer. Sugar only gives bursts of energy. She needs to eat healthier foods that are high in energy but she won't seem to listen. Please pray that she'll open her mind to us and listen and that the Dr. will be given wisdom. odds are, she will probably die before 2009. She might not even live until this time next year. So please pray for divine intervention by God.
Thanks for your prayers

D

mk kid
02-08-2006, 02:23 PM
hey dustin i will be praying for you it is tough when have your family get affected by things, this is really tough and always know god is with you and your family, and ill be praying for your family and so will my church. keep the faith brother.

petrameansrock
02-08-2006, 03:33 PM
Ill be praying! Cancer is a tough thing to go through. I hope she makes a full recovery!

bobbi
02-08-2006, 05:39 PM
I will be praying for her. All things are possible through God, so don't ever lose faith, buddy.

drumchick101
02-10-2006, 12:00 PM
Hmm, I don't know why the docter said that (about the high sugar). The energy spurt would only result in increased cell division, this is the last thing a cancer patient wants because it's the cell division of the cancer cells that you want to stop. I will be praying for your grandma.

><sarah><

Bassplayer
02-24-2006, 06:52 AM
well, the tumor is shrinking but she's still not getting better. she doesn't seem the have the will-power to keep going and that's breaking my grandpa's heart. She's not willing to do her physical therapy. she just watches tv all day. please pray that God will give her the want to live and to spur her on.

Bassplayer
04-01-2006, 05:37 AM
well, she died this morning about 4:50. She ended up getting nemonia in her lungs from the kimo. we put her in a chemical induced choma for a while and put her on a respirater machine. her liver shut down about a week after that and we think her kidneys were also shutting down. She had told us that she didn't want to be a burden and that she didn't want to live life as a criple. so the whole family decided to pull it. We took her off most of the drugs and the breathing machine. she went in and out of conciousness. she was breathing on her own when she died. but we believe that she was right with God. Things are still going to be hard. my family is leaving soon to go down. Please pray for the family. this is going to be really hard for them. It still hasn't fully hit me yet. So please, please pray that we can find peace.

thank you so much for your support,
Dustin

drumchick101
04-02-2006, 11:53 AM
I'm sorry, I'll pray for peace and closure.

><sarah><

pizza brain
04-02-2006, 08:10 PM
oh man that's awefull I'll be praying

theelectric3
04-03-2006, 11:06 PM
i'm sorry to read this... i'm agreeing with everyone's prayers for your family.

Bassplayer
04-12-2006, 02:49 PM
thanks alot guys. my family has really pulled through this past week and a half. my grandfather has been especially strong.

Bassplayer
04-15-2006, 12:45 PM
Hey. Same subject but different person. My friends Savanna and Anthony, their dad has pancreotic cancer. he's had it once or twice before. it went away but now it's come back really bad. He's lost 30 pounds just since January. They really need some prayer. I'm trying to help them out at their house and stuff, but there's only so much one person can do. Please pray that he will be healed completely and be able to return to a normal life. Thank you so much guys.

Dustin

pizza brain
04-16-2006, 07:43 PM
I'll pray

bobbi
05-03-2006, 03:35 AM
I will MOST definately pray for him and his family, Dustin.

Bassplayer
08-29-2006, 07:38 AM
well, things have gotten really bad for my friends Anthony and Savannah. Their dad has been given a maximum of 2 months (with a minimum of 2 weeks.) There isn't any more chemo for him to take. He has to go to the hospital at least once a week for them to drain fluid out of his side. The family has so much on their plate with school starting, the oldest daughter has just moved up her wedding date so that her dad can be there. Things are going really bad. We're still praying for a healing. If you could pray for strength for the family especially if he doesn't pull through, but also continue to pray for a healing. They need every prayer that they can get. Thank you so much

Dustin

Jesus freak_14
08-29-2006, 01:52 PM
oh, im so sorry... i'll be praying!! that kinda sounds like my auunt. she died in october last year from lymphoma (is that how you spell it....?). well she had chemo and stuff and it went away for a long time and then right after her wedding it came back really bad and went into her bones and everything and there was nothing else they could do for her. so they told her she had three months... and she lived for like 4 i think. but the worst part was that she had an eight year old and a 3 year old daughter. so yea, i kinda understand.... but she was saved right before she died. a couple days before her death my dad said the prayer for salvation with her and she said she felt totally at peace and then a couple days later she passed away. so i understand what you're going through, but in the end maybe thats what it took for her to be saved.... so we'll see her again someday. so yea i'll definitely be praying!!

Bassplayer
10-05-2006, 10:50 AM
Well, my friends' dad died Wednesday morning at 2 am. I'm not sure how they're going to take it. Please, PLEASE pray that they won't trun away from God. No one really thought that he would die, he was always a really strong man and everyone hoped he'd pull through. The Haynes family needs prayer for comfert and strength now more than every. Thank you guys for praying thus far.

D