petrameansrock
01-12-2006, 07:15 PM
Well I have this weird thing that happens to me EVERY year in the spring. I get REALLY depressed. Not like clinically depressed, but FEELING depressed. I start scrutinizing my friends and convincing myself that everything they do means they hate me. I REALLY hate this because theres this girl i really like, but wont admit it to her because it would blow up our friendship, but its driving me NUTS!! i hate this feeling!!
i asked my mom about it and she said something about Seasonal Affective Sydrome. I dont really know much bout that....but yeah. can yall help?

disciple
01-12-2006, 07:27 PM
Yes, it's a disorder that affects you by the seasons. Doctors still don't know why or how someone gets this sort of "seasonal depression" -- I'll be praying for you, nice you see you back. :)

as~i~lay~dying
01-12-2006, 07:54 PM
yes...I am glad you are back too...I am sorry you ahve to deal wiht that! I will say a prayer for you.

skynes
01-13-2006, 12:37 AM
It could be linked to sunlight. Winter/Spring doesn't have the greatest sunlight available.

If you can get yourself a sunlamp (yeah they're expensive), you could try sitting under it for 10 mins or so a day and see how you feel.

lamb_servant72
01-13-2006, 04:59 AM
Good suggestion, Scott, I've heard positive feedback from SAS sufferers who have used a sunlamp.

From what I've read, most SAS sufferers are affected mostly in the spring and fall. I'm the opposite, it's summer and winter for me! I love spring and fall! (And right now, we've averaged 72F all week, so I'm loving it!)

I think being aware is an important step. Try not to make any important decisions, especially those based on emotion, during those times.

Even though you feel a certain way, just remind yourself you may have this disorder, so you are going to wait to make a decision.

drumchick101
01-13-2006, 07:29 AM
I will pray for your healing.

><sarah><