Isildur9473
01-19-2006, 08:41 AM
Clicky (http://www.cnn.com/2006/US/01/19/binladen.tape/index.html)

Hmm, think he's up to pulling it off again?

Reeper
01-19-2006, 09:17 AM
This sounds like a desparate act of a desparate man to me.

Peace

OTD
01-19-2006, 11:50 AM
Thing is, what ever they are in the "planning" stages of (which could take weeks, months, years..) doesn't have to be something big. Honestly, I can see them using suicide bombers in various locations around the country. cheap, effective, hard to detect and easy to coordinate. I think what they're hoping for is the backlash they're gonna set off against Arabic looking people. They WANT that to happen to generate even more recruits.

Clicky (http://www.cnn.com/2006/US/01/19/binladen.tape/index.html)

Hmm, think he's up to pulling it off again?

skilletosis
01-19-2006, 12:00 PM
I think anything is possible. It's a fact that you can't trust anything that comes out of the terrorists mouths so I put absolutely no wieght in thier threats or thier so called "truce" idea. One thing is for sure if they do start attacking no matter how big or small all of those whiners who are going on about wire taps are going to think twice. They will go from crying about wire taps to saying the President didn't do enough. If one has ever associated themselves in any way to anyone remotely linked to terrorism or if they ever gave off the impression of it then I say tap all thier lines and defend us when neccesary.

skynes
01-19-2006, 12:24 PM
*Skynes re-write of video tape*
*puts on fake Arab voice*

aheeeeem ahem mmm accchheem...

Naaw American infeedeels... Weee avv plaanns toe bring much destruction upon your land, oh yes... We offer truce to you... Truce long-term...

*whispers to camera man*

Do you think they'll buy it?

Camera-man - Ohhh yes sah... yes sah infidels much suckery to truce.

TheFireBreathes
01-19-2006, 01:34 PM
I think anything is possible. It's a fact that you can't trust anything that comes out of the terrorists mouths so I put absolutely no wieght in thier threats or thier so called "truce" idea. One thing is for sure if they do start attacking no matter how big or small all of those whiners who are going on about wire taps are going to think twice. They will go from crying about wire taps to saying the President didn't do enough. If one has ever associated themselves in any way to anyone remotely linked to terrorism or if they ever gave off the impression of it then I say tap all thier lines and defend us when neccesary.

Good point. I wouldnt be surprised if they ARE using American terrorists.

riz
01-19-2006, 02:28 PM
One thing is for sure if they do start attacking no matter how big or small all of those whiners who are going on about wire taps are going to think twice. They will go from crying about wire taps to saying the President didn't do enough.

Right. That's EXACTLY what I'm going to say.

skilletgirl
01-19-2006, 05:07 PM
well i dunno.. seems like he is always planning for more attacks.. its like.. when will these attacks finally happen? Unless we have foiled a bunch.. he seems to be taking an awful long time since 9/11 ..

the only thing that does bother me is.. I moved from a rural town to Phoenix.. a big city. I get nervous ebcause if he does decided to attack.. what if its here.. what if my city is next?

disciple
01-19-2006, 05:09 PM
Not to sound down on Phoenix (in case I do sound that way), but I doubt that it's in their itinerary, so I don't think you should have to worry about it. :)

skilletgirl
01-19-2006, 06:00 PM
no thats not a downer.. they want big powerful citys (new york, LA Chicago) ... but I still feela bit.. nervous..

disciple
01-19-2006, 06:04 PM
no thats not a downer.. they want big powerful citys (new york, LA Chicago) ... but I still feela bit.. nervous..
That's okay, my Dad felt nervous about us for a while, but then he started to realize that we're nowhere near being a target.

TheFireBreathes
01-19-2006, 07:07 PM

We also have a lot more technolegy, security, precautions, etc than we did before 9/11.

alorian
01-19-2006, 07:47 PM
I'm not sure what to think about this :-\ I, don't think I'm supposed to say what I believe at this time, though, my own personal convictions, perhaps by God, so I'll leave it at this: God bless America.

amodman
01-19-2006, 09:12 PM

I'd be surprised if it's even in their top 50, lol. 'Sides, it's just like anything else in life. If ya die, ya' die, if don't, ya don't. All that jack outta' your countrol is outta' your control for a reason. Dun' worry a thing ;).

OTD
01-20-2006, 03:53 AM
As amodman said...

..."27Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life? And why do you worry about clothes? See how the lilies of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. 29Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. 30If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you, O you of little faith? 31So do not worry, saying, 'What shall we eat?' or 'What shall we drink?' or 'What shall we wear?' 32For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. 33But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. 34Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own."

If it's our time, it's our time. For followers of Christ, we all know where we're goin.....a wayyyyyyy better place than this.

as~i~lay~dying
01-20-2006, 07:19 AM
^good reminder! =)
so...I'm not worried being here in ak- such a small population-haha-~but I really don't think he could do anything, I mean we've been threatened a lot sonce 9/11 and nothing happened, I honestly don't belive a word the man says anyways~

Reeper
01-20-2006, 08:27 AM
Like I said I think it is a desparate act of a desparate man. I think he finally realizes that he is getting no where so he is trying to offer a truce to get us to ease up on him. I think he is running scared, so no need to worry.

Peace

timmyrotter
01-20-2006, 10:30 AM
this is retarded, bin laden has been sending countless videos and stuff ever since 9/11 plotting another attack... as far as im concerned he has done his job, causing more americans to live in fear!!! when will we ever learn?

Spiffles
01-20-2006, 01:39 PM
in regards to being threatened by them without anytihng actually happening.. I cant talk for America, but here in Australia, there has been a few attempts at things, but our people have been able tostop these plans for attacks before the actual attack. The terroists are *trying* things and not just blabbing their mouth.. they are just not being as successful.
There was also the 2 bali bombings which were aimed at esteners... they where successful and aimed at aussies, americans etc...
And also the londen bombings..
The terroists are not just randomly blabbing their mouths off.

TheFireBreathes
01-20-2006, 02:05 PM
Terrorists will never be successfull

disciple
01-20-2006, 02:10 PM
That's what everyone said, pre-9/11.

as~i~lay~dying
01-20-2006, 02:17 PM
Like I said I think it is a desparate act of a desparate man. I think he finally realizes that he is getting no where so he is trying to offer a truce to get us to ease up on him. I think he is running scared, so no need to worry.

Peace
Yes that's what I think too....

Isildur9473
01-20-2006, 02:21 PM
We shouldn't discredit Bin Laden, or terrorists. Determination can get people to do things they normally couldn't do.

Spiffles
01-20-2006, 02:35 PM
tell that to the familys of everyone killed by a terroist..

I count 1 death by a terroist as them being successful

unshakeable15
01-21-2006, 10:31 PM
technically, they aren't successful with one death because success means some goal has been met. their goal is never murder for murder's sake; it's murder to reach the end which they desire.

one death by a terrorist isn't a success (even from their pov), it's a travesty, a loss.

Spiffles
01-22-2006, 12:34 AM
some of the reports ive heard is that they do want to kill us.. they claimed 9/11 as a success as they did with both bali bombings, so i still think they have been successful just by killling people as that is what they ahve claimed...

I honestly think, they do a lot of the time just want to kill Aussies/americans/english/whoever else gets in the way.. they blow up their own countries just to kill people.. bali a good example of that.. indonesia is the largest islamic country, yet they blow that up to kill people.. They have been successfull there.. Australian dont go there anymore, which is exaclty what the terroists want..
It's also a success because they beleive for every drop of blood they kill when they die they will be rewarded for that...

jnbek
01-22-2006, 01:24 PM
Real quick clarification, though Indonesia is one of the larget Islamic countries, not all of it is Islam, Bali is predominatly Hindu with a large sector of Christian missionaries, thus allowing them to justify the attack as a way to spread jihad.
It is a shame, they claim to be doing work for God, yet the Old Testament is also a source of teaching in their religion, meaning they are taught the Ten Commmandents, and yet they choose to ignore that as well as thousands of other techings made available in said texts. On to the idea of bin Laden making threats and never coming through with them, I am confident he's well aware of everything he's doing, and like a storm warning that fails to come to pass, just raises the complacency of those threatened, meaning that after 30 threats with nothing coming to pass, will lead to the real threat being ignored, meaning hundreds have been killed/injured, because the vigilance was not there. The issue is as much a psychological war as a physical war, it's human nature to eventually ignore someone when they cry wolf over and over, even to the point of ignoring the real threat. Sure it sucks, but living in fear allows them to have success in their psychological end of the war, I say don't be afraid, but this means no one has an excuse for being ignorant to obvious weaknesses that exist everywhere, it is the duty of all free persons to do everything they can to help secure their part of the world. It's the way to implement this that remains the challenge and only through our faith, can we possibly succeed.
--Just my 27.3345 cents :D

unshakeable15
01-22-2006, 02:39 PM
two clarifications, one for Spiffles, one for jnbek.

many terrorists in Middle Eastern countries say they want to kill all Americans, but mostly that's hyperbole. it's not that they hate us, it's what we represent that they hate. they just want us to stop interfering in their countries and infiltrating our culture into their own, because they see ours as sinful and deadly and their own as full of divinity.

as for Muslims having the Old Testament, that's not true. they have the Koran (Qu'ran, whatever). that is their sole Scripture. they see the Torah, the Jewish scriptures, as being corrupted by the Jews, purposefully so. it's like it was said in Genesis when it says Ishmael "will live in hostility toward all his brothers." (http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?book_id=1&chapter=16&verse=12&version=31&context=verse) they (Ishmael's offspring) don't trust the Jewish Scriptures so they wouldn't follow the Ten Commandments. (i learned this from an English teacher a couple years ago who had just returned from a bit of a stint in Saudia Arabia and was married to a Muslim man.)

skynes
01-23-2006, 12:24 AM
Well actually Mike, I've been looking up on Islam (due to a Muslin talking to me on Myspace) and apparently they view the Torah as sent by Allah and Jesus a Prophet of Allah. Both being infallible and without error.

Psalms are also viewed as 'of Allah'

unshakeable15
01-23-2006, 12:59 PM
my teacher, when i put that in a paper comparing Christianity, Islam and Judaism, said they do, but not to any large extent. she said that when talking with Christians, a lot of Muslims drum up their connections to Christianity, but that in reality, they don't hold Jesus or the Torah as highly as they say in these conversations/tracts/websites.

but, instead of talking out my butt like i have been, i should just read the book on Islam i have. very good book. it gives a background on Islam then compares the two (i think, i only got partway through). it's called "The Cross and the Crescent" for anyone interested.

amodman
01-23-2006, 01:12 PM
my teacher, when i put that in a paper comparing Christianity, Islam and Judaism, said they do, but not to any large extent. she said that when talking with Christians, a lot of Muslims drum up their connections to Christianity, but that in reality, they don't hold Jesus or the Torah as highly as they say in these conversations/tracts/websites.

but, instead of talking out my butt like i have been, i should just read the book on Islam i have. very good book. it gives a background on Islam then compares the two (i think, i only got partway through). it's called "The Cross and the Crescent" for anyone interested.

Of course, if they really followed their own texts, they would be obligated to defend representatives of other religions from attacks by outside sources. Fun stuff, really ;).

timmyrotter
01-23-2006, 06:52 PM
yeah terrorists are indeed successful every time they strike, thier goal isnt nesseceraly to take over territory, middle eastern territory yes, but europe and america no. but to strike "terror" on these "civilized" nations, and they do this every attack even if they only kill one person... terrorism isnt a thing or group, its an idea...