kittygirl
01-26-2006, 01:52 PM
Things with my friend's parents have never been good.

Friday they got in an arguement, and she told them "I want to run away!"
"So go ahead!"

So she did. And eventually called up a friend of ours(Kim), and Kim's parents picked her up at the bus station.

She's been staying there ever since. It's a bad situation, and I just want things to work out okay.
It was bound to happen sooner or later, but it still doesn't feel right. Don't leave home on a bad note.

Jen's a Christian, but I don't think she's submitted to the Holy Sprit. She's the nicest, sweetest girl ever, and we've always been good friends. But this is just too much.

pizza brain
01-26-2006, 03:28 PM
I'll be praying for her.

kittygirl
01-26-2006, 03:47 PM
God just needs to soften her heart, it's the only thing taht will change her right now

as~i~lay~dying
01-27-2006, 07:26 AM
I will say a prayer for her!Please let us know how things work out for her~

lamb_servant72
01-27-2006, 03:31 PM
I am praying for her, Rachael.

panhead_91
01-27-2006, 03:35 PM
I am praying 4 her and yes plz that us know how things turn out!

kittygirl
01-27-2006, 05:53 PM
Well, I talked to her today.
And I'm kind of disappointed that she chose Kim to stay with...because Kim has her convinced that her parents don't want her back. So, it's kind of like a prodigal son thing.

I know her parents are broken up about the whole thing, because they always ask me if I can pray for Jen, and say "Well, I know you csn get through to her. "

But Jen's just afraid to go back at this point, and I can't say I blame her. She's still missing her birth mom, who is in a nother state, and always has been. She was lving with her dad, and her step-mom, and 2 sisters.

But I *guess* she couldn't take the fact that her stepmom was there, and it wasn't her birth mom. Telling her what to do, and she told me that no one can ever replace her mom.

That is true.
But the fact is that her mom is living in another state, doesn't come visit her, doesn't call her all the time, and sometimes even forgets her birthday.

Whereas her step-mom is the one who tries to have heart-to-hearts, buys her little gifts (when it's not even her birthday), and just tries to be there for her.

So, what I know needs to happen is for Jen to come home
But right now isn't the time.
I just pray God moves in her heart very swiftly, and gives her a revalation.

panhead_91
01-27-2006, 06:04 PM
yeah......man I will deffintaly pray!

drumchick101
01-27-2006, 08:13 PM
I will pray for her, I understand how she can be missing her birth parent. I will pray for God to open her eyes to see the light of the situation (what ever that even is, it's really a personal thing to her, but we all know that Dad [God] will take care of that).

><sarah><

lamb_servant72
01-28-2006, 05:24 AM
That helps me understand what is going on with her, more.

I am continuing to pray for her, but I am going to add all of the parents to the prayer, too. They all need His wisdom in this, and His peace and comfort. I will be praying for Kim and her parents, too.

Step parent situations usually are tricky. My step mom did some things that were hurtful to me. But, God showed me (took me years, I guess I'm a slow learner:)) that I didn't respond with a servant's heart. I had to go to my step-mother and apologize. It was God's will for them to marry, and I could have learned so much from her. She was going through alot, too. But, all I could focus on was me, and my hurt feelings.

I can look back now and see how much that hindered my relationship with God. I wasted alot of time.

Your friend has been through alot, I cannot imagine the neglect she feels with her mother. She is not going to have peace until she can submit that to God and allow Him to heal her.

Perhaps God will use this situation to minister to Kim's family, too.

Rachael, you are such a good friend. I know it hurts that she didn't choose you. She didn't choose you because she knows what she is doing isn't something you would support her in, so she went to this other friend.

Let's use this situation to pray for Kim and her family, too.

Aragornsgirl217
01-28-2006, 07:18 AM
I'll be praying:)

kittygirl
01-29-2006, 07:07 PM
I prayed with a mutual friend of Jen, and I last night.
He has NO clue about the situation, so he was just shocked, and was crying a little bit. So, we went off in the corner, and started praying, and he asked me some questions about her, and how she's doing.

So, I have a prayer partner right now.

I am for you, Jen.

kittygirl
02-02-2006, 01:07 PM
I talked to her mom this morning at church.
She said they're coming to pick her up Staurday;whether Jen likes it or not.

The family she's staying with (Kim's family)is very manipulative over her, and the fact that they're just letting Jen stay there, and not calling her parents.

So, I'm just praying that the pick up goes well, because the parents don't know about this. Neither does Jen.
This isn't right.

as~i~lay~dying
02-02-2006, 02:02 PM
Man craziness~~~ I will pray it goes ok~~

kittygirl
02-03-2006, 12:56 PM
She doesn't want to talk to me anymore. Becuase I said that she did something wrong, and she hurt her family very bad.

Basiclly, she said "You're not being a real friend, you're being a mini]parent. You don't care about how I feel, you're SUCH a goody-goody."

So, I don't know how to feel right now. And I'm having a very bad day today.

alorian
02-03-2006, 06:31 PM
Praying! You're in a tough situation, I'm definitely praying.

frymeskillet
02-06-2006, 02:08 PM
Rachael, Don't fret over anything that your friend says. She is simply enflicting pain on someone else because she feels pain. It is a normal thing for someone to want someone else to hurt with them, But in the long run, it is definitely a thing to ruin a friendship. I've been through things along these same things and God gave me this:

Psalms 37: 1 & 2:
(1)Fret not thyself because of evil doers, neither be thou envious against the workers of iniquity. (2) For they shall soon be cut down like the grass and whither as the green herb.

I know that you don't want your friend to "be cut down" but it is a reassurance from God telling you that you should not fret over things. He will take care of them. I'll be praying for you, your friend, and her family.

-Savannah-

kittygirl
02-08-2006, 05:42 PM
I'm going ot call her tommorow. We talked over the weekend, and she might be staying with us. My parents don't care, because she could sleep in my room, and it would be a unique opportunity to witness ot her, and show her to respect her parents.

So, pray that it goes well, if she does end up staying with me.

alorian
02-08-2006, 06:47 PM
Keep us informed.

kittygirl
02-10-2006, 02:41 PM
Yay.
I found out that she's not at home after all. She pitched a fit, and refused to go home.

So, they're just letting her stay there for another month. I don't know, that just seems like she's controlling the situation by manipulating them into doing what she wants them to.

Just please pray, this is stressing her mom out terribly.