iron_warrior
02-02-2006, 05:45 AM
Guys, it's been a while since I've posted, but PLEASE pray for Jesse... I've put all the details in the message here. Peace and strength to ya'll.

** High Priority **

Two of our family's close friends, Chuck and Jennifer Browder, have a five year old son Jesse who has a VERY rare type of brain cancer. Jesse's been undergoing experimental treatment for the last year, but last week the tumor on his brainstem increased in size greatly. Their only hope is to take Jesse to St. Judes hospital down in Florida.

We have learned that Jesse can not start the St Judes Clinical trials until 3 weeks after his last dose of chemo, and Chuck was just informed that he has no more time off this year. He can only take 2 days without pay one more time this year. Considering that there will likely be a funeral to deal with, it means that Chuck would need the two days for the funeral and has no time for St Judes or anything that comes up with Jesse.

So the tentative schedule looks like this: Jennifer and Jesse will fly to Memphis Feb 8th and stay through Feb 17th. Feb 8th or 9th have the consultation with the St Judes team, doctors will begin administering the medication on Feb 15th. They’re still hammering out the trip arrangement details.

There are a few alternatives that Jesse's doctors can administer but they only have a 9% chance of affecting the situation, so they have asked that Chuck and Jen just go with the St Judes trials. They feel that there's a better chance of doing some good with the trial meds. As you can imagine, there's some concern about the delay.

Jen also has an aunt fighting cancer who may be in the final stages; keep them in your prayers as well. Jen doesn't deal well with all of this alone and is at the point of tears just thinking that she'll have to do this alone. She and Chuck are trying to determine how he can drive for the physician consultation, at the least.

This one is a pretty tough pill for them and they have requested your urgent prayers that the Lord would give them a resolution.

as~i~lay~dying
02-02-2006, 07:29 AM
Oh wow...I will say a prayer for them!!!

panhead_91
02-02-2006, 11:59 AM
I will be praying

pizza brain
02-02-2006, 03:06 PM
im prayin for them.