petrameansrock
02-02-2006, 07:11 PM
I have this problem. Im not asking for help and prayer as much as im just looking to see if im not the only one.

Well I tend to overanalyze EVERYTHING. Well everything that matters that is. I am a (I dont mean to brag, but this is what every single one of my teachers says, and peers too) VERY smart person. Im not a math geek, im actually bad at math, but i am very good at analysis, writing essays, memorizing worthless trivia, and anything having to do with music or literature.
Unfortunately, I also seem to be "analyzing" my relationships. It REALLY annoys me, because before I say anything to anybody i always have to think of every possible outcome of what I could say, what kind of response i will get, and how I could change what I am going to say to get a better response. I even do this when saying hi to people. Also unfortunately, this does not bide well with many people. I analyse their reactions towards me and somehow it all points to them hating me. I think it might have something to do with the fact that I have been betrayed by so-called "best friends" more times than I can count. It really gets to me, so i keep "analysing" to try to make sure it wont happen again. Im not going to ramble anymore because by now you either know what I mean or you dont. Anyone know what Im talking about?

Isildur9473
02-02-2006, 09:57 PM
I know exactly how you feel. I've been a victim of this for as long as I can remember. I'm pretty horrible myself in Math, but I've been in "Gifted and Talented" programs since Kindergarten, I won First Place in News Writing at the State level in the Journalism competitions etc.

I've been over analyzing friendships to the point where I find so many faults in any one person that I want to break away from them. I know that's not the right thing to do at all. I've found this to be worse with some people rather than others, I don't know why that is.

disciple
02-02-2006, 10:03 PM
The sad part is when my over-analyzing was right. :\

I know the lifestyle.

skynes
02-03-2006, 01:12 AM
Join the club.

Hi! I'm Scott and I'm an over-analyzer-aholic.

Everyone - Hi Scott!

Pray for a clear focused mind, pray for compassion and understanding toward people.
Get stuck in the Word daily.
Make God the God of your life.

Having those 3 will help quite a bit in your attitudes and thinking.

"Be transformed by the renewing of your mind" Romans 12:2

petrameansrock
02-03-2006, 01:56 PM
Thanks for the help guys. Sometimes I wish I wasnt one of those "gifted and talented" people.

I have no problem with people being imperfect, i know it sounds selfish, but for some reason I get really jealous whenever close friends spend time with anyone else. I would never dare tell them that of course...but thats whats going on in my head. I guess my problem is that Im always afraid that theyre mad at me. And no matter what, even if they just complimented me, I can still find SOME way to make myself believe they hate me. But oh well. Im getting better about not doing that.

Thanks for the help again.

kittygirl
02-03-2006, 03:01 PM
Dude.
Read my prayer request. Betrayal. It happens. Sometimes it's a good thing, because then you realize who would be a good friend to hang out with. And who's true at the same time.

TheFireBreathes
02-03-2006, 04:54 PM
I tend to do a little of that too. Like, Im always over analysing different trends that start or the ways people go about of trying to be 'different'. I seem to do it a lot on myspace.