Isildur9473
02-05-2006, 08:46 AM
Out of all the states I've been to, (every state besides Alaska, Hawaii, and North Dakota) I've remembered which ones I really did not like. Idaho is obviously the worst, but what do you think?

Heri Altariel
02-05-2006, 09:01 AM
Idaho isn't that bad. Why didn't you put Arizona up there?

Isildur9473
02-05-2006, 10:03 AM
Idaho isn't that bad. Why didn't you put Arizona up there?

Because at least Arizona is civilized.

PinkGoo
02-05-2006, 10:05 AM
Unlike West Viginia.

animeraven34
02-05-2006, 10:06 AM
I voted Utah...since Wyoming isn't a choice.

Isildur9473
02-05-2006, 10:07 AM
I voted Utah...since Wyoming isn't a choice.

Oh, I did mean to put that up but I forgot. :\

PinkGoo
02-05-2006, 10:12 AM
What's wrong with Maine?

Maddog
02-05-2006, 10:17 AM
i voted massachutes just because of how hard it is to say and spell

PinkGoo
02-05-2006, 10:18 AM
Wow. That's a great reason.

Isildur9473
02-05-2006, 10:18 AM
What's wrong with Maine?

Have you ever been there? It's full of bugs, it's incredibly humid, the entire state contributes nothing to society, it has terrible winters etc.

PinkGoo
02-05-2006, 10:20 AM
No, I've never been to Maine. :P

(Humid? It's humid in Florida, too. And the bugs, here... wow. But Florida is amazing anyway.)

Isildur9473
02-05-2006, 10:21 AM
No, I've never been to Maine. :P

(Humid? It's humid in Florida, too. And the bugs, here... wow. But Florida is amazing anyway.)

Yeah, but here's what Florida has that Maine doesn't:

1. Cities
2. Great Winters

PinkGoo
02-05-2006, 10:24 AM
Don't forget theme parks.

Maddog
02-05-2006, 10:28 AM
Wow. That's a great reason.
I know. I am full of great reasons

disciple
02-05-2006, 02:17 PM
Since Iowa wasn't on there, I was able to pass up obligations.

I voted Idaho just because of the Mormons. In reality, I hold all those states equal, except Wyoming, because it isn't really a state, it's a gap. Though Mississippi was a close second for me.

morgojw
02-05-2006, 05:35 PM
where's Nebraska??? that's really the worst state.. out of the ones you have up there the only one I've actually been to is West Vriginia on a missions trip.. which was awesome so I can't vote against that state ;D

Isildur9473
02-05-2006, 05:43 PM
where's Nebraska??? that's really the worst state.. out of the ones you have up there the only one I've actually been to is West Vriginia on a missions trip.. which was awesome so I can't vote against that state ;D

Trust me, Nebraska > Idaho

I've been to both.

PinkGoo
02-06-2006, 08:23 AM
Sorry, but West Virginia is an awful state.

morgojw
02-06-2006, 08:55 AM

actually that doesn't surprise me as much.. I just had so much fun there that I couldn't vote against it :afro:

PinkGoo
02-06-2006, 11:31 AM
Evil hicks.

Aragornsgirl217
02-10-2006, 10:19 AM
Since Iowa wasn't on there, I was able to pass up obligations.

I voted Idaho just because of the Mormons. In reality, I hold all those states equal, except Wyoming, because it isn't really a state, it's a gap. Though Mississippi was a close second for me.
Agreed. I was soooo ready to say Iowa. All the corn....but I said Maine 'cause of the lobstersand the rain:(

BarlowgIRL
02-10-2006, 02:15 PM
I don't see California on there. California isn't all that great ya know. And the stupid polititions....

skilltroks
02-13-2006, 05:06 PM
I remember driving in Idaho. It seems all they have is a U-Bar motel. Michigan is pretty cool, but yet lame. At least we have fresh water, my relatives [from Washington State] like to come [here] in the summer to swim, and lay out.

korey_cooper_jr
02-13-2006, 06:14 PM

Heh, West Virginia is a better name than Idaho. Sheesh. ::]

TheFireBreathes
02-13-2006, 06:36 PM
I had to go with Oklahoma. While we were driving to Louisiana we drove through that state and there wasnt one cool hick town, restaurant, gas station, anything. It was sooo boring, I even tried to make myself fall asleep rather than stay up and look at the "beautiful scenery".

cloroxmartini
02-13-2006, 07:13 PM
Okay, let's brake this down...

Idaho.
I used to live there. There are two seasons in Idaho: Hot and Cold. That right there tells you there is something special about the place. Napoleon Dynamite was filmed in the Gem state. But of course, we all know that to Greg, this would be considered a huge con. I on the other hand call it a mighty large portion of awesomeness. PWn3D!

West Virginia.
I was in this state for such a short period of time that I can't really say anything good or bad about it. But seriously, how can it possibly hope to live up to the original Virginia? That's right... it can't.

Utah.
One word: mormons. Mormons everywhere. It is a widely accepted fact that Salt Lake City is the Mormon epicenter of the world. Salt Lake City isn't bad and the Great Salt Lake isn't bad either. They say that everytime a virgin enters the Mormon Temple in Salt Lake City, the statue of Moroni on top blows his horn. To this day, no one has ever heard that horn blow. Uhm... Back on topic.

Massachusetts.
Hey, the Mayflower landed here. There's even a rock in Plymouth with the year "1620" carved into it. How cool is that? Do any of the other states have famous rocks with dates of years past carved into them? I think not.

Maine.
New engalnd clam chowder. That's really all I need to say about this state. I ate the best clam chowder and the best lobster ravioli I've ever had there. The ravioli was coolest because it had black and white stipes in it. No other state I've been to has had black and white stripes in its ravioli. What's up with that? I really want to know.

Oklahoma.
Here's another state I don't know too much about. It spoons with Texas for one thing. Not many states can boast that they've spooned with Texas before. There was also a movie made in 1955 starring Gordan MacRae and Gloria Grahame titled Oklahoma. Never seen it, but it got 7.2 out of 10 stars on IMDd.com, which is a C but still a passing grade.

Mississippi.
Out of all the states in the U.S. that they teach you how to spell in school, you always seem to learn how to spell Mississippi first for some reason. That must mean it's really important. It has four S's and four I's in it's name for crying out loud, and that's reason enough to try and teach the spelling to everyone you know. Now go out and do it. Unless you're someone who doesn't like more than three of the same letter in a state name, then you can just sit home and rot for all I care.

Using the process of elimination, I have conluded that the worste state is Arizona. There's nothing at all special about this state, no redeeming value whatsoever. No one should ever move here, for the old people's driving coupled with the insane price for tuition at the University of Arizona, will drive you insane. I dislike this state so much that I am now writing this post from a room that is disguised to be somewhere in Washington, which is a good state.

As I wrap this up, I realize that I really didn't metion anything bad about the states that were given to me to choose from. This must mean that the title of this thread must be changed to "The Best State." But in that case, my answer of Arizona being the worste state would then be the answer for what I consider to be the best state.

Isildur9473
02-13-2006, 07:24 PM
Yeah, but Abraham Lincoln said

Arizona > Idaho

Heri Altariel
02-13-2006, 07:29 PM
You put a lot of thought into a post that will be forgotten soon Geoff. :)

I'm kidding.

But I have to agree that Arizona is the worst state.

cloroxmartini
02-13-2006, 07:29 PM
That hurts Greg. You sting me with your words. Arizona is the worst state, PERIOD! If you don't belive me, come down and try to live here for a week. It would take less than an hour for you to go running back to Idaho.

PinkGoo
02-16-2006, 09:43 AM
Okay, let's brake this down...

Idaho.
I used to live there. There are two seasons in Idaho: Hot and Cold. That right there tells you there is something special about the place. Napoleon Dynamite was filmed in the Gem state. But of course, we all know that to Greg, this would be considered a huge con. I on the other hand call it a mighty large portion of awesomeness. PWn3D!

West Virginia.
I was in this state for such a short period of time that I can't really say anything good or bad about it. But seriously, how can it possibly hope to live up to the original Virginia? That's right... it can't.

Utah.
One word: mormons. Mormons everywhere. It is a widely accepted fact that Salt Lake City is the Mormon epicenter of the world. Salt Lake City isn't bad and the Great Salt Lake isn't bad either. They say that everytime a virgin enters the Mormon Temple in Salt Lake City, the statue of Moroni on top blows his horn. To this day, no one has ever heard that horn blow. Uhm... Back on topic.

Massachusetts.
Hey, the Mayflower landed here. There's even a rock in Plymouth with the year "1620" carved into it. How cool is that? Do any of the other states have famous rocks with dates of years past carved into them? I think not.

Maine.
New engalnd clam chowder. That's really all I need to say about this state. I ate the best clam chowder and the best lobster ravioli I've ever had there. The ravioli was coolest because it had black and white stipes in it. No other state I've been to has had black and white stripes in its ravioli. What's up with that? I really want to know.

Oklahoma.
Here's another state I don't know too much about. It spoons with Texas for one thing. Not many states can boast that they've spooned with Texas before. There was also a movie made in 1955 starring Gordan MacRae and Gloria Grahame titled Oklahoma. Never seen it, but it got 7.2 out of 10 stars on IMDd.com, which is a C but still a passing grade.

Mississippi.
Out of all the states in the U.S. that they teach you how to spell in school, you always seem to learn how to spell Mississippi first for some reason. That must mean it's really important. It has four S's and four I's in it's name for crying out loud, and that's reason enough to try and teach the spelling to everyone you know. Now go out and do it. Unless you're someone who doesn't like more than three of the same letter in a state name, then you can just sit home and rot for all I care.

Using the process of elimination, I have conluded that the worste state is Arizona. There's nothing at all special about this state, no redeeming value whatsoever. No one should ever move here, for the old people's driving coupled with the insane price for tuition at the University of Arizona, will drive you insane. I dislike this state so much that I am now writing this post from a room that is disguised to be somewhere in Washington, which is a good state.

As I wrap this up, I realize that I really didn't metion anything bad about the states that were given to me to choose from. This must mean that the title of this thread must be changed to "The Best State." But in that case, my answer of Arizona being the worste state would then be the answer for what I consider to be the best state.

That was great. :D How long did it take you to write that?

aliengurl7
02-16-2006, 09:57 AM
That hurts Greg. You sting me with your words. Arizona is the worst state, PERIOD! If you don't belive me, come down and try to live here for a week. It would take less than an hour for you to go running back to Idaho.
I've been to Arizona a couple of times and I liked it there the only thing that I didn't like was the heat.Infact, I plan to go back! So, I don't know what part of Arizona you live at that makes you say that... but it was nice when I was there and I stayed longer then a week.Heh unless your joking,I dunno. :)