petrameansrock
02-07-2006, 08:03 PM
I play a few....

Star Wars: Galaxies (well my account is temporarily suspended due to the NGE)

EverQuest 2

anyone play any? If so, state the name of the game, the server you're on, and your characters name.

On SWG I have Sunfox (human smuggler) on Bloodfin

On EQ2 I have Sunfox (gnome warrior) on Kithicor

skynes
02-08-2006, 12:55 AM
www.battleon.com My character is Skynes. L70-odd now.

www.imperian.com My character is ALSO Skynes.

And those are the only MMO's I play.

disciple
02-08-2006, 02:48 PM
I can't afford MMORPGs. And I wouldn't play those ones Skynesy plays. >.<

skynes
02-09-2006, 12:39 AM
Heeeeeeey! The ones I play are fun! So what if Imperian is text based? The point of the entire game is the Roleplay element NOT the shiny graphics.

You need to eat, sleep, stay out of the cold, wash when you smell, etc. It's deeper than any MMO can get.

terrasin
02-09-2006, 10:37 AM
Imperian is made by the same company who is working on Midkemia Online. From what I hear, they are starting it out as a MUD and moving it to MMO eventually. I'm going to be trying to hop on the concept and dev team for it.

CJ

petrameansrock
02-09-2006, 02:23 PM
MUD? Please explain.

For those of you who care...did you hear they're making a Star Trek and also a Stargate MMO? I dont know how good they will be...but whatever they are, I hope they dont get screwed up like Star Wars: Galaxies did. Seriously, I lose sleep thinking about all those people paying for that crap...

amodman
02-09-2006, 08:40 PM
WoW - Earthen Ring Server.

skynes
02-10-2006, 01:13 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MUD
A good definition of MUD.

loner_33
02-10-2006, 02:31 PM
I'm alpha testing for Free World right now... not that I ever spend any time on it, but...

Spiffles
02-10-2006, 02:51 PM
i dont play games that i have to pay monthly fees for, cause its crap paying 90 bucks for a game then 15 bucks a month every month after to play a stupid computer game...

I do however play NWN and Freelancer online

petrameansrock
02-10-2006, 04:12 PM
Actually the discs you buy in stores for the online subscription games are relatively cheap. They run 20-30 dollars. Unless you buy some kind of special edition thing, then they run up to 90.

Spiffles
02-10-2006, 04:21 PM
maybe where you live in the world, but not in australia... here, its either, buy old games (like 1 to 2 years old) for 40 or 50 bucks, or new games for 80 or 90 bucks... then on top of that if its a mmorpg you got the stupid monthly fees on top of that...
so.. WoW for example.. 90 bucks to buy, plus 15 bucks a month.. 12 months a year (someone correct me if i screw up the maths)
thats 270 bucks for 1 year for one stupid computer game...
which is why i go for games that are free online.. if i really enjoy playing there and stay and become invlolved in the community, i may make a donation to help the server owner, but thats a one off thing, not an on going cost for a computer game..

on going fees are just a extra money making sceme by the company to make more money... if they have on going fees, they should make the stupid game cheaper to buy in the first place.

amodman
02-13-2006, 03:06 PM
maybe where you live in the world, but not in australia... here, its either, buy old games (like 1 to 2 years old) for 40 or 50 bucks, or new games for 80 or 90 bucks... then on top of that if its a mmorpg you got the stupid monthly fees on top of that...
so.. WoW for example.. 90 bucks to buy, plus 15 bucks a month.. 12 months a year (someone correct me if i screw up the maths)
thats 270 bucks for 1 year for one stupid computer game...
which is why i go for games that are free online.. if i really enjoy playing there and stay and become invlolved in the community, i may make a donation to help the server owner, but thats a one off thing, not an on going cost for a computer game..

on going fees are just a extra money making sceme by the company to make more money... if they have on going fees, they should make the stupid game cheaper to buy in the first place.

Wellll...no. I think it's way too expensive, yes, but you have to understand the amount it costs to keep the entire world going online for millions of people. Blizz is being a 'bit ridiculous, though, IMO. they should decrease it to like 9$ or something. They're obviously making some rather large profit margins...lol.

terrasin
03-03-2006, 02:45 AM
Keep in mind that the exchange rate comes out about the same. $90AUD = approx. $65usd. I know that WoW currently sells most places in the US for about $50 still, though I've seen it on sale.

And that's only cause WoW is still the best selling MMO in history.

CJ