RKDCfan08
02-12-2006, 07:13 PM
I've read interviews with Chris Carrabba, and he says that he is a pretty new Christian (as of 2004)...ntm he was in the Christian/Positive band Further Seems Forever (who recently broke up :( ). The only song that I can really pick out any Christian value is "Several Ways to Die Trying", if it is a Christian song, I think the message is that Christian should be more loving and witness to those who don't think they can ever be good enough to go to heaven. Listen to it, I really think it's a Christian song...

Anyway, I don't know if this has been talked about before, but I thought I'd get your thoughts on it...lol

amodman
02-12-2006, 07:23 PM
Well that was news to me :p. Lol, I've never known Dashboard Confessional to be christian...

Isildur9473
02-12-2006, 07:25 PM
Judging by the majority of their followers I would be inclined to say no...

amodman
02-12-2006, 08:20 PM
their followers

Lol, Dashboard Disciples...I like DC, though. Almost everyone I know does, really, lol. Thing is, you really have to be "in the mood" for Dashboard, heh. Not something you can just put on and listen to...

Isildur9473
02-12-2006, 08:58 PM
Lol, Dashboard Disciples...I like DC, though. Almost everyone I know does, really, lol. Thing is, you really have to be "in the mood" for Dashboard, heh. Not something you can just put on and listen to...

Most of the kids I know that listen to it sit around in the hallways feeling sorry for themselves during lunch, it's pretty funny actually.

disciple
02-12-2006, 08:59 PM
Most of the kids I know that listen to it sit around in the hallways feeling sorry for themselves during lunch, it's pretty funny actually.
"My parents don't understand me!"

^That kind?

RKDCfan08
02-13-2006, 06:50 AM
lol, I've been in a really good mood recently so I haven't been able to relate to the lyrics recently...lol...If you google search "Dashboard Confessional + Christian" the interview should pop-up...

amodman
02-13-2006, 07:42 AM
lol, I've been in a really good mood recently so I haven't been able to relate to the lyrics recently...lol...If you google search "Dashboard Confessional + Christian" the interview should pop-up...

Eh? He's got some happy songs, lol.

Pretendeavor
02-13-2006, 09:37 AM
haha the emo kids lol

TheFireBreathes
02-13-2006, 01:34 PM

Represent :P

Pretendeavor
02-13-2006, 01:44 PM
Represent :P
haha amen!

timmyrotter
02-13-2006, 08:00 PM
well i know that the lead singer started "Further seems forever" witch is signed by Tooth and Nail... witch is a christian label... so whether or not that happend before or after he left, i dont know... remember Jesus didnt die for bands, he died for people... Christians are too judgemental!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!

RKDCfan08
02-14-2006, 06:20 AM
OK....kinda lost on the "Christians are too judgemental part, but I do agree...anyway, it's not like (if they're not Christian) I'm going to burn all my DC cds and say that all those who listen to them are going to burn, but it'd give me a peace of mind to know that the guys in the band are Christians...idk

petrameansrock
02-14-2006, 07:03 PM

Stryper was very overtly Christian, but at the time, a majority of Christians thought they were blasphemous and "evil instruments of Satan" to quote Jimmy Swaggart (the dirty hypocrite). Most of Strypers fans were just metal fans who had never listened to anything in their life except Metallica and other bands of the like.

Just because a majority of the fans arent Christian doesnt make the band un-Christian.

nsvol
02-15-2006, 10:11 AM
yea i hear that & i do think that they are christian

PinkGoo
02-15-2006, 10:40 AM
I'm kind of fed up with all of these threads questioning the Christianity of all these different bands/band members. Really, I'm not angry or anything, but I'm just curious... why does it matter? :-\

amodman
02-15-2006, 10:52 AM
I'm kind of fed up with all of these threads questioning the Christianity of all these different bands/band members. Really, I'm not angry or anything, but I'm just curious... why does it matter? :-\

No one said it had to, but what's the point in being a Christian band if it doesn't matter at all? Obviously, when music contains some Christian message or mood, it can be a + to some.

PinkGoo
02-15-2006, 10:56 AM
Well, I suppose I can see that. But still, analyzing every band out there and trying to figure out their religious beliefs? That seems kind of pointless.

amodman
02-15-2006, 01:09 PM
Well, I suppose I can see that. But still, analyzing every band out there and trying to figure out their religious beliefs? That seems kind of pointless.

Meh. We all do it, I think. It's just part of listening to lyrics and figuring out what they're trying to say (assuming you do that). I remember the first time I was listening to whatever Used song and it said "Free from the burden of sin," and I was like, what they hey? They're not Christian...that I know, anyway, lol.

Anyways, this person apparently had a fairly legitimate reason, though, since it looks like the DC guy was at one time front man for Further Seems Forever, a Christian band, ya know? Just odd...

skynes
02-16-2006, 12:40 AM
Some people (like me) have conviction issues when it comes to music.

For me personally a lot of secular music is harmful, so I need to keep close tabs on what's going into my ears. So I like to know which band is Christians and now.

RKDCfan08
02-16-2006, 06:03 PM
lol, thanks skynes, that's how I am, I don't listen to bands (if I do it's because they are on the radio) that support things I don't agree with...the way I see it, if I buy their album/tab book/merchandise, I'm supporting whatever lifestyle the band chooses... That's why I'd like to know if DC is Christian, based on some songs (and Chris's past bands) I'd be inclined to say that they are believers, but when I listen to other songs (Hands Down - "stay quiet, stay near, stay close they can't hear. so we can get 'some'") make me wonder... although that song was written and put out quite a while before he said he had become a Christian so..idk...

skynes
02-17-2006, 01:07 AM
For me it's not about supporting the band. It's about guarding my mind and heart because I'm far too easily influenced.