shorty
02-20-2006, 05:42 AM
hey there yall. i really need some prayer about alot of stuff that has been going on in my life lately. first thing is that the place that my cousin bought and was gonna rent out to me is out of the picture now. he rented it out from under me to some druggie, and nobody around here wants to rent to a person with a kid, which is discrimination. second thing is that i have been making alot of bad decissions lately, and now i may be pregnant by the last guy that i was with. he had proposed to me and everything, but then i found out that he has a fiance back home in ky and the girl that sits by me at work is pregnant by him. i just really need alot of prayer. i need to figure out how in the world i am going to take care of 2 kids on my own if i am pregnant. i just feel so lost. i sat at church for like an hour yesterday and just cried and begged for forgiveness, and its really odd b/c pastor has been doing a 1 month long lesson on forgiveness so it couldnt come at a better time. but if yall could pray for me it would mean alot
thanks!
God bless,
Shorty

Aragornsgirl217
02-20-2006, 06:08 AM
I'll be praying, don't forget, God will never give you more than you can handle!

as~i~lay~dying
02-20-2006, 07:26 AM
I will pray~ but if you REALLY want your life to get better you know what you need to do? STOP living for yourself and START living for God. Decide here and now to give up guys and maybe focus on God for a while, STOP making the mistakes with guys and live for God FULLY. This life is SOO short! We all need to be focusing on God and not on our personal wants and desires~love ya chica!

shorty
02-20-2006, 08:26 AM
thank yall so much. as of yesterday i have decided to change my life. i need to start getting my prorities straight and think about things before i do them. your paryers mean alot. love you all

drumchick101
02-20-2006, 11:12 AM
Ya, I'm with Jess on this one. Think this before you do anything:Is this what God would have me do? Does the Bible say anything against this? How does the Bible say I should handle this? But, as you know, the hard part is following up on it. I have faith in you, I know you will. I'll be praying against the temptaion to go astray. Stay stong.

><sarah><

as~i~lay~dying
02-20-2006, 05:05 PM
thank yall so much. as of yesterday i have decided to change my life.

That's so wonderful! :D Definetely take Sarahs adivice...and I am still praying for you! ;)

alorian
02-20-2006, 06:55 PM
Exactly what Jessica and Sarah said. And I'm praying for you :)

shorty
02-21-2006, 05:30 AM
thank you all so much

shorty
03-01-2006, 05:45 AM
i just wanted to thank yall for all your prayers. i have good news i am not pregnant!! i have kept my deecission to change my life and things have started to get better in alot of ways. so im really happy about that.

OTD
03-01-2006, 06:13 AM
That's DEFINITELY good news. I would like to make a suggestion...maybe find some other women who are living the way you want to live...a support group..at a church..ywca...somewhere..and joining them. People who can offer you encouragement and advice. Life as a single parent is hard enough, we all need someone else to talk to, who can sometimes just listen.

shorty
03-01-2006, 07:27 AM
thanks for that advice! i am going to ask my pastor to see if someone/ even me could start something for the young adults in the church. its the only age group that there isnt anything for

OTD
03-02-2006, 05:32 AM
That is so very cool. i've always said that problems...trials..hard stuff that you share with others make it a little easier to bear. AND it's nice to have a group of like minded people to go do stuff with. it allows you to kinda relax and just have fun, unwind.

keep us posted on how it goes, eh?

shorty
03-02-2006, 05:36 AM
yes i will definitly keep yall posted on how it goes

shorty
03-06-2006, 08:33 AM
well i have some good news. after praying about a place to live i have found the perfect place and payed my 1st months rent and security deposit and ill be moving in this weekend!!!! i wont be able to see my daughter as much though which is really going to suck. i will pretty much only see her on the weekends cause my mom is going to keep her all week so that i will be able to get sleep for work until things settle down some. so wish me luck on moving!

drumchick101
03-06-2006, 04:22 PM
I'll put in a good word with the Big Man. ;)

><sarah><

OTD
03-07-2006, 08:11 AM
i'll second that. When ya got God, ya don't need luck...

here's prayin that everything goes smooth.

shorty
03-07-2006, 10:03 AM
lol yeah! things are going well so far. i have some people who volunteered to help me with the moving process!!

OTD
03-07-2006, 12:36 PM
I'd be happy to volunteer...but then again it's an 1100 mile drive. *lol*

okieday...i'll keep up on the prayer front....

shorty
03-08-2006, 07:14 AM
lol!!!!! i have been having alot help volunteered in the past few days. my aunt called me last night and volunteered herself and her b/f to help me. so im up to like 4 or 5 people helping me now, so it should go by really fast hopefully! i have been bringing a carload of stuff over everyday after work so there wont be so much to move this weekend, lol. thanks again for all your prayers :)

OTD
03-08-2006, 09:06 AM
no problem at all..it's the least I can do.

shorty
03-09-2006, 11:18 AM
well i ended up loosing all my volunteers!!! couldnt get a uhaul on saturday there was only one available on sunday so now i am back to having to move everything myself!! so pray that ill find some help somewhere

OTD
03-10-2006, 09:53 AM
ARGG!!!...sorry about that...do you know anyone at church well enough..like even barely...to ask there?

will do.

shorty
03-10-2006, 10:22 AM
i have found some volunteers. i called my uncle up and begged him to help me move....lol!! so now i atleast have one guy to help lift stuff

theelectric3
03-10-2006, 12:54 PM
glad you were able to get volunteers to help you move. :)

shorty
03-13-2006, 09:00 AM
we ended up getting everything moved in within 3 hours! so now all i have left is some unpacking. my uncle and 2 of my aunts ended up helping me out. so thank God for them

OTD
03-13-2006, 11:08 AM
whaaaaaat...ya mean ya ain't gonna live outta boxes for weeks on end? That kinda takes all the mystery out of moving.....*wink*

glad to hear everything went so well.

theelectric3
03-13-2006, 12:08 PM
glad it all worked out! :)

shorty
03-15-2006, 07:11 AM
thank yall for all your prayers and support!! i have all my stuff moved in finally and i have most of it unpacked. i might actually stay there tonight if i can get myself to leave my daughter with my mom. its gonna be wicked hard only seeing her on the weekends for a while.

OTD
03-15-2006, 08:15 AM
i'm prayin for that for ya. As a parent, I know the feeling. You trust your mom to take really good care of her, yes?

shorty
03-16-2006, 07:44 AM
yes i trust her to take good care of her for me. she watches her while i work. the thing i hate though is that my daughter has started calling her mom and me nanna. its been really frustrating because with me working so much she thinks that my mom is her mom. when she falls and gets hurt or wakes up in the night she will only go to my mother she wont have anything to do with me. ill sit down and try to play toys with her and she pushes me away and tells me no. so its really hard on me, and its very frustrating! so please pray for that situation as well if you could, please.
thank yall for all your prayers
Shorty

OTD
03-16-2006, 08:26 AM
as a parent, i know what that's like. I'm really am sorry. Does your mom correct her when she does that? Pray? Of course I will, no problem.

Will you be sending her to daycare when you get everything settled? Only thing I can suggest is to spend as much time on the weekends with just the 2 of you as possible. Things will sort out. In them meantime, hang in there.

mk kid
03-16-2006, 08:45 AM
Hey shorty its mk kid drop me a line sometime at my box and know that all in you have a friend praying for you. know also that God is good all the time. i am glad you got a new place and good luck with the adjusting. once agian if you ever need someone to talk to jsut go to my box. MK kid Chris

theelectric3
03-16-2006, 12:07 PM
wow, that would be tough... anyway you can spend more time with her? make your daughter a more active part of your life (i know it must be hard with work and all)... she needs to get to know you.

ask the Lord for wisdom on how to fix this problem. (in James 1, He tells us that if we lack wisdom, all we need to do is ask.)

pizza brain
03-16-2006, 04:57 PM
sounds rough. I'll try to remember to pray for you.

shorty
03-17-2006, 07:30 AM
thanks for all your advice. i wish there was more time that i could spend with her. i leave for work at 9 am and dont get home till 10pm. mon- thrs. but i have a 3 day weekend to spend with her though so thats a good thing.

shorty
03-20-2006, 05:40 AM
this weekend with my daughter was a total blast. it seemed so nice to have her around for the whole weekend. she got back attached to me and when i had to drop her off at her grams last night she started crying cause she wanted to go back home with me. i felt so bad having to leave her there!!!! but i am wicked happy that she got back used to be around me after only one weekend. i am thinking of just keeping her at my house all the time and just deal with not getting alot of sleep for work. i cant stand not being around her, its driving me crazy! i just wanted to thank yall again for all your prayers. they mean so much to me!!
Shorty

OTD
03-20-2006, 06:45 AM
THAT is absolutely incredible. How totally wicked awesome. Thank you God for yet another prayer answered...

Here's prayin for very restful sleep when you do get it....

shorty
03-20-2006, 08:46 AM
yes it was like a totaly miracle straight from God, it blessed me so much. i picked her up this morning before i went to work and she said something to me that she hadnt said in over 3 months. she comes running over to me and goes love you mommy. it melted my heart away!!!

OTD
03-20-2006, 08:49 AM
'tis incredible words they utter. i'm really very very happy for you.

you were trying to get a young adult group set up at your church weren't you?

shorty
03-20-2006, 11:17 AM
yeah but i didnt really get anywhere with it....so im just starting up a small groups bible study in my house through my church and designating it as young adults and having one of the church members lead it. so i figure if they dont want to start something for us then i will.....

OTD
03-20-2006, 12:18 PM
Good for you. It all starts somewhere. I've been at a couple of churches where that was exactly how they started their young adult ministries. Thats just about how the one at the church I'm at now got started. Now they have a full time pastor in charge of small groups, singles and young adults. I'll be prayin for you and your fledgling group.....and as much sleep as you can get.

shorty
03-21-2006, 11:35 AM
thank you so much!!

theelectric3
03-21-2006, 12:25 PM
that is so exciting about your little girl! :)

shorty
03-22-2006, 05:29 AM
yeah it is!! i got to spend some time with her this morning before work. as soon as i walked in the door she came running to me! i told my mom that i am taking her tonight even though i have to work tomorrow. i want to spend some time with her before the weekend. i dont get much sleep either way whether she is there or not so i might as well have her around!! thanks for all your prayers yall they mean so much to me :)

shorty
03-28-2006, 10:57 AM
i got to spend alot of quality time with my daughter over the weekend, which was so great! thank you all for all your prayers, they have made a huge difference in my life!

shorty
04-10-2006, 11:28 AM
could yall say a prayer for cc, she has rsv again! she cought it from her 9 m/o baby cousin hailey...could you pray for her as well. and for logan 9 m/o he has an ear infection. thanks so much

mk kid
04-10-2006, 01:30 PM
will be praying for you shorty,

shorty
04-11-2006, 11:47 AM
thanks so much! gotta add myself to that list above. cought a cold and its turning into bhronchitus(sp?)