petrameansrock
02-24-2006, 07:08 AM
This seems to be very fishy to me. People tell me about the "look I have in my eyes" and what it means. Recently, both of us being sick, my friend and I somehow wound up staring at each others eyes, i figured this was a good time to figure it out. Although when I looked in her eyes, I couldnt find anything definite. I couldnt tell if it was longing, or pain, and after I stared awhile I even decided it could be anger. Although I later found out that it was pain that I saw in her eyes, it seems that you can make someones eyes tell you whatever it is you want to hear. Just a thought...what do yall think?

skynes
02-24-2006, 08:10 AM
Well of course you can see and hear what you want to see. But that doesn't rule it out totally.

Your eyes reveal a lot about your emotions and feelings, but you kinda need to know what to look for. It can vary from person to person too.

It's simply another way to read a persons emotions.

e.g. A person standing head slightly lowered and arms crossed.
They're obviously annoyed.

A person sitting loosely, arms drooping, face looking low.
Most likely depressed.

Know what I mean?

NightCrawler
02-24-2006, 11:34 AM
I was told by someone online that he has read a girl's eyes from a picture and discribed her personality and interests. He got it.

bob
02-24-2006, 12:16 PM
And a person with a loaded gun in their hands is probably annoyed too . . .

PinkGoo
02-24-2006, 12:37 PM
And a person with a loaded gun in their hands is probably annoyed too . . .
Or maybe just paranoid. You never know. :-\

NightCrawler
02-24-2006, 12:44 PM
Or just psycho.... ;D

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v701/jonathanvajda/jonPortraits/Bloodonface/DSCF0064.jpg

PinkGoo
02-24-2006, 12:48 PM
Well, in that picture your eyes say...

"I'm trying too hard, but bear with me. I'm proving a point."

NightCrawler
02-24-2006, 01:14 PM
Hmm... try to hard to ... do what?

Pretendeavor
02-24-2006, 01:26 PM
Or just psycho.... ;D

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v701/jonathanvajda/jonPortraits/Bloodonface/DSCF0064.jpg
dude that pictures scared me!!!!!!!!!! is that realy you?!

NightCrawler
02-24-2006, 01:36 PM
Yeah. That's me.

disciple
02-24-2006, 01:37 PM
People find it weird when I stare in their eyes.

Most of the time, I can read people's eyes. Living how I did, not being able to would have been a major disadvantage, to say the least. Most of the time I can just read facial expressions, but the eyes can tell another story, as well.

aliengurl7
02-24-2006, 02:19 PM
Or just psycho.... ;D

you're a weird kid. Get the strawberry jelly off your face. ::]

NightCrawler
02-24-2006, 02:27 PM
you're a weird kid. Get the strawberry jelly off your face. ::]
That is real blood.

It leaked from my elbow.

aliengurl7
02-24-2006, 02:28 PM
nightcrawler, get out and get some light. I think you've been in the dark to long.

PinkGoo
02-24-2006, 04:09 PM
People find it weird when I stare in their eyes.
Really? Why is that?

disciple
02-24-2006, 04:30 PM
Really? Why is that?
They think it's creepy, and an antisocial trait. People around here don't see skills like those as normal. They see acting cocky and flirting constantly as normal, and around here, doing those don't involve looking in someone's eyes. The idea that I can know what they're thinking by minute facial expressions is alien to them. "Emotions?! What are those?! I only know fleshly desires!"

NightCrawler
02-24-2006, 06:37 PM
Odd...

I couldn't look people in the eyes BECAUSE I had antisocial traits. (BTW, this is past-tense -- I can now generally)

And the people that ARE social, I find that if they can't make eye contact they typically lack integrity or confidence in what they want, or something. Well, most of the observations have fit that.

Like when I was with a guy, we were trying to find sponsors for an event. He just couldn't look the guy in the eye when he was asking for sponsorship, especially explaining the event. It made me sad, this is for Christ. Should we be ashamed?

Maybe I was reading him wrong, that is possible too.

as~i~lay~dying
02-25-2006, 01:21 PM
That is real blood.

It leaked from my elbow.

SICK...your kidding right?

reading poeples eyes...I think I can tell what a person is feeling, and sometimes I am way off... ???

unshakeable15
02-25-2006, 07:13 PM
This seems to be very fishy to me. People tell me about the "look I have in my eyes" and what it means. Recently, both of us being sick, my friend and I somehow wound up staring at each others eyes, i figured this was a good time to figure it out. Although when I looked in her eyes, I couldnt find anything definite.
i think it's harder when you are looking in the eyes of someone who knows you are trying to read them. usually they have a blank face on, or near blank. but if they are talking, you can read the emotions of what they are saying, in their eyes, especially if they are into what they are saying.

NightCrawler
02-25-2006, 10:12 PM
SICK...your kidding right?
I'm hardcore?

PinkGoo
02-26-2006, 09:02 AM
They think it's creepy, and an antisocial trait. People around here don't see skills like those as normal. They see acting cocky and flirting constantly as normal, and around here, doing those don't involve looking in someone's eyes. The idea that I can know what they're thinking by minute facial expressions is alien to them. "Emotions?! What are those?! I only know fleshly desires!"
Creepy? That's insane. You must know some pretty strange people. They honestly think that looking into people's eyes is antisocial? Wow. I can't stand people who won't look me in the eye. It makes me mad. Eye contact is very important to me. It really annoys me when people avoid looking me in the eyes... for me, it's absolutely necessary to a conversation.

disciple
02-26-2006, 03:32 PM
Creepy? That's insane. You must know some pretty strange people. They honestly think that looking into people's eyes is antisocial? Wow. I can't stand people who won't look me in the eye. It makes me mad. Eye contact is very important to me. It really annoys me when people avoid looking me in the eyes... for me, it's absolutely necessary to a conversation.
I know. But people think I'm a nut job when I look in someone's eyes and not at their body.

NightCrawler
02-27-2006, 06:28 AM
That is sad. Really sad.

Isildur9473
02-27-2006, 06:29 AM
What do you do if the person doesn't have eyes...?

NightCrawler
02-27-2006, 06:32 AM
I get into his face and smart making faces that look funny, just to make sure.

And if it is my mom, I just talk her with her back of her head facing me. ;)

PinkGoo
02-27-2006, 06:54 AM
I get into his face and smart making faces that look funny, just to make sure.

And if it is my mom, I just talk her with her back of her head facing me. ;)
When I talk to my parents... either rationally or in a heated discussion... I HAVE to look into their eyes.

I'm also really good at staring people down. I give them a dirty look and then I don't break eye contact... they get really nervous and you can see them getting uncomfortable. And then you make them break the gaze... and, hence, you win.

NightCrawler
02-27-2006, 07:30 AM
Well, I was thinking if she didn't have eyes. I would look into the eyes in the back of her head. Typically, I don't even think about if I look into my parents' eyes.

frymeskillet
02-27-2006, 12:16 PM
I am a sucker for eyes...so I constantly look into peoples eyes and I can tell what they are feeling. But I have this weird gift about vibes and stuff. I can really tune into someones feelings that they express through body language....I find it a very neat gift. ( probably why my friends always end up talking to me about their problems)

-Savannah-