as~i~lay~dying
02-26-2006, 04:31 PM
I have been thinking lately...about how much I want to touch peoples lives. How I have been wasting so much of my time "watching tv, shopping, talking on the phone(etc)" when I can be touching peoples lives~ sharing with them my lifes experiences and helping them through theres. I want people to look at me and and see Jesus, to think wow, that girl is living fully for God, despite the hard things she had to go through. I want to share God's love with teens, these teens who think there's no reason to live and who think they are worthless...just here to party hard and have as much fun as they can(like I used to) I need to stop being selfish and START being selfless, giving up "precious" "me" time for others. This is my hearts desire.

I know first though, I need to fix my own problems, not be wishy-wahsy and always want what God wants, The sermon today at church was amazing. One quote I like in particular is " God looks for consistency between standing and state, between creed and conduct, BETWEEN LIP AND LIFE, between belief and behavior, between profession and expression" I am so good at TELLING people how they should be living and praying for them, by if I am not always living what I say that is NO testimony at all! I need to start FULLY living what I am preaching. It's is very hard...it will take time, this is what my hearts desire is.

I also need to start being BOLD. Not just when I am in a good mood and comfortable doign so, but always. A girl about 9 years old spoke today during testimony time. I was like wow, this girl is going to do AMAZING things for the Lord! She was so bold to go up in front of the WHOLE chucrh and speak about what God was teaching her! And at such a young age! It really spoke to me! I only I could be that bold....my prayer is that I WILL BE soon. This is my hearts desire.

I really believe the Lord is calling me into youth ministry someday. Particulary for teen girls. My heart aches for them, the ones with barely anything on, flirting with every guy in sight, I used to be that girl, I know the feelings and what is going on inside there head. I feel there pain, and huge whole inside of them, needing to be filled with SOMETHING. I want them to see that they are loved, and precious. That they ARE worth so much. That is my hearts desire.

SO....what is your hearts desire? What do you believe the Lord is calling you to do? :)

disciple
02-26-2006, 08:21 PM
My heart's desire? To become a successful writer. What is God calling me to do? Writing, nothing more, nothing less.

Isildur9473
02-26-2006, 08:25 PM
I really have no idea, I haven't had much motivation to find out. I know that I want to be invovled in something productive.

amodman
02-26-2006, 08:40 PM
I have no idea. I've been told that writing and computer technology are two things that God wants me to pursue in life, which would make sense considering...well, me, but that's a little vague and general isn't it? There's lots of things I might like to do along those lines, but I just don't know. In any case, what you asked is what's my heart's desire? That's a complicated question, lol. My ideal situation (simplified) is doing what God wants me to be doing with my life (and knowing it), marrying the girl I love, and generally letting God's love shine through my life and seeing others benefit all around me. I know, it's one of those sunshine, and rainbows, and roses type deals :P. Oh well, you asked, lol. As The Afters song, Someday, says -

"I wish we all could win
I wish we all could smile
I wish we all could make our mothers proud."

How does that relate? I dunno, I just like it.

eowyn
02-26-2006, 08:44 PM
I have always wanted to be involved with an organization called Northwest Medical Teams. I discovered them about the age of 8. I never though that I could be involved with them, due to the careers that I had been looking at..but then I disovered nursing! It TOTALLY units all of my passions and desires. I am going to Peru in 2009 after I graduate from nursing school. I am praying that God will cover my school loans so that I can go immediately after my Boards. I am going to be working in a rural NWMT clinic..and *sigh* I cannot wait to become involved in overseas medical outreach. It is SO my heart's desire. I really really want to go to so many countries and show love through medicine. I would eventually like to work as a Family Nurse Practitioner in an orphanage either in Latin/South America or Africa. One night over Christmas break..I think that I must have been feeling down about my singleness..but then I was like..but I really want kids..and it seemed like all of a sudden I thought (Or God mentioned) what if I was a mommy to many many kids through working at an orphanage. And I thought..Ya, I would definatly be ok with that God..as long as I am a mommy.

animeraven34
02-26-2006, 09:11 PM
Music. Things are starting to work out too.

skynes
02-27-2006, 12:45 AM
I want to make Christian Computer Games. Not those dopey Bible trivia things. But I mean REAL games with REAL story behind them (anyone who I've spoken my ideas to knows I know how to make a story ;))

That is my career desire.

As for Ministry? *shrugs* I dunno what I'm supposed to do. I don't really have any desire in particular, although I love to help people by listening and guiding.

I know first though, I need to fix my own problems, not be wishy-wahsy and always want what God wants, The sermon today at church was amazing. One quote I like in particular is " God looks for consistency between standing and state, between creed and conduct, BETWEEN LIP AND LIFE, between belief and behavior, between profession and expression" I am so good at TELLING people how they should be living and praying for them, by if I am not always living what I say that is NO testimony at all! I need to start FULLY living what I am preaching. It's is very hard...it will take time, this is what my hearts desire is.

What the world will see isn't so much:

"She says this, does her life match perfectly?"

but:

"She says this, does she TRY to make her life match up?"

I've never had anyone call me a hypocrite for saying one thing and doing another, cause it's always shown that I do TRY to match what I say, I try to match lip to life even if I sometimes fall.

Aragornsgirl217
02-27-2006, 03:56 AM
I want to make Christian Computer Games. Not those dopey Bible trivia things. But I mean REAL games with REAL story behind them (anyone who I've spoken my ideas to knows I know how to make a story ;))

That is my career desire.

Hello!! That's what I want to do too!!!

As for ministry, God has put in my heart to become a missionary over into the most remote parts of Africa. I see my friends here who know about the Lord, I've even witnessed to them, but yet they do nothing, and my heart aches for the people in these tribes who know nothing of him, and are starving and dying, and never even hearing the name "Jesus". It's been on my heart since I was about 8, and when I went to ATF 2 years ago, I signed up for Teen Mania(hehe, I still need to call her back since we moved......), but I'm patiently waiting for God's time.

That is my hearts desire.

lamb_servant72
02-27-2006, 06:11 AM
Jessica, as I read your first paragraph, I thought God could be leading you into youth ministry.

I also think focusing on "fixing" yourself before you start ministering (and you already do minister) can sometimes be a tactic of Satan. I think it's a favorite ploy of his. We have this idea that we have to have everything together to do what God wants us to do.

I think instead, if we just focus on Him, He'll "fix" what He wants to, when He wants to, and use us to minister when He needs us. We can miss opportunities if we wait until we are "ready".

I was in youth ministry, then children's ministry, now I'm in prison ministry. I never imagined I would be doing what I'm doing now. I never had the desire even though I had friends doing it.

Now, I go on-line and I find their stories and I cry as I read about their childhoods. That compassion comes from God. I know how to pray only because God had me witness first hand the devastation that can be caused from drug and sex addictions.

God has prepared me for each area He wanted to use me to minister in. He gave me the passion for each area, too, when the time came.

I think the passion you are feeling is coming from Him, Jessica. Let Him direct you. He'll show you what He wants you to do with it, and He'll give you the words to say when it's time.

I have had the desire to go to the mission field since I was 12. I believe it will happen one day. I use to think I had caused it to be put off because of mistakes I had made. I don't think that's true anymore.

God has used me to fund mission trips and projects, which is so cool, because I am by no means well off, and He has me do it in secret. An orphanage in Uganda needs a new wing, God tells me to write a check for $2,000. I don't have anything in my bank account, but I have total peace and I do it. The money always comes. I cannot tell you how many times something like that has happened. But, when I pray about being the one to go, He says it isn't time.

God tells me sometimes to go to the electic company and instead of paying my bill, pay a struggling minister's, or a widow's. Somehow, I always have the money for my own. I think giving is a gift from God. I have been in financial need and the poor person I would least expect it from, says, "God told me to send you this, I don't know what's going on, but He just told me to do it."

The desire in my heart for the mission field is almost an ache. I believe I will go one day. I guess I have some more lessons to learn, first.

NightCrawler
02-27-2006, 06:36 AM
My heart's desire is divided.

1) For me to end up in textbooks, so people can acknowledge me in schools.

2) For me to make disciples for Christ that are strong, to make a school for such. They will be so strong that we will be unstoppable, making the world will know that there IS a living God.

(what is interesting is that I think if I went for [1] I would not get [2], but if I went for [2] I might get [1] as well)

as~i~lay~dying
02-27-2006, 07:23 AM
What the world will see isn't so much:

"She says this, does her life match perfectly?"

but:

"She says this, does she TRY to make her life match up?"

I've never had anyone call me a hypocrite for saying one thing and doing another, cause it's always shown that I do TRY to match what I say, I try to match lip to life even if I sometimes fall.

Wow, I never though of it like that....thanks!

And, Lisa thanks for those words! That is very true!

And thanks to those who posted! It's so awesome and encouraging to read about what you are being called/want to do! :D God is going to do such amazing things in each of your lives! :)

skynes
02-27-2006, 07:49 AM
Everyone, do be sure you don't fall into the trap of mis-placed passion.

Passion is a powerful weapon, it can drive you like almost nothing else, but if that passion isn't properly refined and focus, well, you're holding a shrapnel grenade with no pin.
Expect devastation to you and everyone around you.

Pray that God will direct and guide your passion to what He wants and when He wants it done.

sky_flashings
02-27-2006, 11:48 AM
I'm not sure what God wants me to do with my life, but I know one thing he wants me to do is have lots of babies. That sounds very silly, but I truly think one of the reasons I'm here is to make up for all those silly couples who don't have kids. And of course, included in that is to raise them upright with good morals, responsibility, etc. But other than that, I'm still searching for what else He wants me to do.

disciple
02-27-2006, 01:19 PM
Hello!! That's what I want to do too!!!
I've wanted to make video games since I started playing them, which was as soon as I could press buttons. :D My only way of doing that is to make some connections with people, which would be easier if I won the GAP's E3 contest... anyways, I think I was getting off topic there...

skynes
02-27-2006, 01:47 PM
What Disciple? Is Jesus being the only way not good enough for you? You need ANOTHER way? lol.

I've wanted to do computer game design since I was 13. I have some really old Visual Basic games I did back then, maybe I'll upload them for you all to download sometime. See the stuff I made a decade ago.

disciple
02-27-2006, 01:53 PM
What Disciple? Is Jesus being the only way not good enough for you? You need ANOTHER way? lol.

I've wanted to do computer game design since I was 13. I have some really old Visual Basic games I did back then, maybe I'll upload them for you all to download sometime. See the stuff I made a decade ago.
I could tease you too, but I'm too nice! :P

TheFireBreathes
02-27-2006, 02:10 PM
Something that I can feel burning on my heart is...you guessed it, MOVIES. Movies that make your heart thump, that make you burst into tears, that get the adrenaline rushing in you, that make you want to stand up and fight right beside the character. That's probably one of my biggest dreams to master. I don't even think it really matters what exactly I do in that field. Whether it be writing, directing, editing, producing, whatever!

lamb_servant72
02-27-2006, 02:19 PM
Why, Brett, I had no idea!;D

I can see it now, Brett makes awsome Christian movies, and Scott makes the video games for them!

TheFireBreathes
02-27-2006, 02:27 PM
Haha, yeah we'll be a raging empire

lamb_servant72
02-27-2006, 05:15 PM
We're taking over, over, ....

And it all started here.

TheFireBreathes
02-27-2006, 05:35 PM
Cha, me and Scott would run a pretty sweet business if I do say so myself.

NightCrawler
02-27-2006, 06:42 PM
I'm not sure what God wants me to do with my life, but I know one thing he wants me to do is have lots of babies. That sounds very silly, but I truly think one of the reasons I'm here is to make up for all those silly couples who don't have kids. And of course, included in that is to raise them upright with good morals, responsibility, etc. But other than that, I'm still searching for what else He wants me to do.
My friend (a girl) coined a term "baby factory"... another friend (a girl) that I repeated it to got REALLY mad -- probably because I (a guy) said it.

She kept repeating 'baby factory' back to me as if I was horrible.

skynes
02-28-2006, 12:26 AM
Cha, me and Scott would run a pretty sweet business if I do say so myself.

That would be cool. I know I would be able to make some free-running systems around them cause I wouldn't have some choking Hollywood company strangling me into doing the game their way (which is why all games based on movies stink.)

lamb_servant72
02-28-2006, 04:43 AM
Exactly the kind of thing Brett is trying to avoid by being very selective of who he sends his scripts to.

Brett, God can use you as a vessel to write the movies, I pray God will protect the scripts.

disciple
02-28-2006, 12:26 PM
Heh, I guess this might be off-topic, but I do dream that my books become movies and games someday (because that's how I see my books). Of course, I'd want them to be high-budget, just because I think my books deserve more than the fate of the movie iterations of the Left Behind series...

lamb_servant72
02-28-2006, 02:46 PM
Panhead Productions Presents...

TheFireBreathes
02-28-2006, 02:51 PM
Gracias Lisa!

as~i~lay~dying
02-28-2006, 07:41 PM
Ha-ha...this is cool guys! Very awesome and encouraging~ =)