GaspyConana
03-03-2006, 09:01 AM
Anyone here a fan of Progressive Rock or Jazz Fusion? There are plenty of sub-genres, so I'm pretty sure everyone could potentially find something they like.
Here are a few of my favorite prog bands:

King Crimson (Obviously, hah)
Genesis
Neal Morse
The Flower Kings
Transatlantic
Frank Zappa
Wobbler
Dream Theater
Yes
IZZ
Symphony X
Mahavishnu Orchestra
Van Der Graaf Generator

Skillet has always had prog tendencies. Like the mellotronish strings in Savior, off time sections in many songs, and the intro of Collide.

Just wondrin' is all. :3
I'm going to see them next friday/saturday at AtF.

Oh, also, I hope their new album has some kind of epic 8-10+ minute song. That would be awesome. :3

skilletfreak101
03-03-2006, 09:48 AM
Anyone here a fan of Progressive Rock or Jazz Fusion? There are plenty of sub-genres, so I'm pretty sure everyone could potentially find something they like.
Here are a few of my favorite prog bands:

King Crimson (Obviously, hah)
Genesis
Neal Morse
The Flower Kings
Transatlantic
Frank Zappa
Wobbler
Dream Theater
Yes
IZZ
Symphony X
Mahavishnu Orchestra
Van Der Graaf Generator

Skillet has always had prog tendencies. Like the mellotronish strings in Savior, off time sections in many songs, and the intro of Collide.

Just wondrin' is all. :3
I'm going to see them next friday/saturday at AtF.

Oh, also, I hope their new album has some kind of epic 8-10+ minute song. That would be awesome. :3
dream theater kicks bottom!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dreaiscoolio
03-03-2006, 10:08 AM
Wat bout Coheed and Cambria??

cinnamonxspider
03-03-2006, 10:26 AM
i always thought the mars volta was prog rock. i dunno, i think they're pretty good.

Isildur9473
03-03-2006, 10:31 AM
I have stuff by Frank Zappa, Genesis and Yes, they're all great bands.

GaspyConana
03-03-2006, 10:55 AM
i always thought the mars volta was prog rock. i dunno, i think they're pretty good.

I definitely would consider them prog.

terrasin
03-03-2006, 11:07 AM
I'm a huge Genesis (Phil Collins era) fan. Their music was very origional and well written and always had a flare that stuck out. Plus Phil Collins has an origional way of doing things that he puts in his own solo stuff.

CJ

GaspyConana
03-03-2006, 11:52 AM
I'm a huge Genesis (Phil Collins era) fan. Their music was very origional and well written and always had a flare that stuck out. Plus Phil Collins has an origional way of doing things that he puts in his own solo stuff.

CJ

Why don't ya like Gabirel Era? It was quite good as well. In my opinion, it musically surpasses the Collins era, but different strokes for different folks I suppose. :)

terrasin
03-03-2006, 06:56 PM
I think because I liked Gabriels solo stuff a lot better than when he was with Genesis. :>

CJ

timmyrotter
03-14-2006, 11:13 AM
i love king crimson!

skilletfreak101
03-14-2006, 12:18 PM
would toto be considered as progressive rock?