Pretendeavor
03-03-2006, 10:23 AM
I like these guys the make awsome emo / pop / music and there new cd is "Commit This to Memory" and its a good cd!! I like the songs "Attractive Today" , "Everything Is Alright" , "Feel Like Rain" , "Make Out Kids", "L.G. Fuad".

Motion City Soundtrack's myspace (http://www.myspace.com/motioncitysoundtrack)

cinnamonxspider
03-03-2006, 10:24 AM
holy crap. this is probably my favorite band behind something corporate. they're SO amazing. of all the bands on the warped line-up this year, i'm most excited to see these odd fellows.

make out kids=best song ever (uh, behind konstantine)

loner_33
03-05-2006, 03:29 PM
I cannot stand Motion City Soundtrack... The stuff they play sounds like elevator music with words. =P

cinnamonxspider
03-06-2006, 10:54 AM
I cannot stand Motion City Soundtrack... The stuff they play sounds like elevator music with words. =P

elevator music? which songs?

man, i need to start listening to more elevator music if it sounds like MCS.

skilletfreak101
03-06-2006, 01:32 PM
hey i never thought of it that way...HAHAHAHAHA

loner_33
03-06-2006, 02:55 PM
elevator music? which songs?

man, i need to start listening to more elevator music if it sounds like MCS.

I don't mean them any insult or harm as musicians, I just don't like their style. I mean, they could play better and more insteresting music. You know, variety and that jazz. :shrug:

disciple
03-06-2006, 03:02 PM
Elevator music? I love elevator music! :D

cinnamonxspider
03-06-2006, 03:41 PM
I don't mean them any insult or harm as musicians, I just don't like their style. I mean, they could play better and more insteresting music. You know, variety and that jazz. :shrug:

no i understand that, but i'm honestly wondering which songs you think sound like elevator music, cause i really want to listen to them again and see if i think they sound like elevator music.

i actually thought that was really funny (the bit about elevator music).

disciple
03-06-2006, 03:52 PM
I think it's odd that I like their music, especially because I usually have no interest in that type of music. Weird.

skilletfreak101
03-06-2006, 03:55 PM
his voice bugs the heck out of me

cinnamonxspider
03-06-2006, 04:09 PM
it bugs my sister a lot too, actually...personally, i love it. i think it's so different. it seems every single rock band i hear these days sound like that friggin nickelback or something close to it. i haven't heard any voice like his, so it's super refreshing.

disciple
03-06-2006, 04:19 PM
I usually don't like male voices that sing that high, but somehow, yeah, it's refreshing. I didn't want to listen to anything else today for the longest time.

loner_33
03-07-2006, 01:57 PM
What I meant by "elevator music" was this:
Music is something meant to be enjoyed upfront, but today's culture seems to like to play music like it belongs in the background--thus, elevator music. And a lot of musicians seem to be content playing like that. I like to listen to music that, when I go to concerts, I can't move in the morning!

cinnamonxspider
03-07-2006, 02:04 PM
oh, i get it...

i realize it's all in personal preference, but i don't think they're music is all like that, especially their newer stuff. their stuff from "i am the movie" was mildly boring, but the stuff from "commit this to memory" is just so intelligent, but see, it's all really little stuff that you've gotta listen for. the drummer is just brilliant, and every once in awhile, he comes up with the most ingenious fills and small things that take motion city from a 4/5 to a 5/5 (in my books).

anyways, that's just me, and it doesn't matter anyways cause as bizarre as it sounds, i don't listen to music a lot for the music. i listen for the words, and that's why i love motion city. their lyrics are wild. stuff like:
"you're the metaphor i can't create to comprehend this curse that i call love"
"hollowed by circumstance that pushed us both away"
"so i'm already dead, only inside, but i can still pretend,
with my memories and photographs, i've learned to love the lie"

i love the sarcasm that drips profusely from their lyrics. it's awesome.