alien_youth2005
03-05-2006, 02:45 PM
Ok im soposed to start this job working at Wendy's tomorrow at 2pm. The only thing is one of my other friends got hired there too. The thing is this is a friend whome I feel God is telling me to stay away from. She's not a good friend at all shes trouble almost gets me into trouble asks me to drive around everywere or im no fun. The thing is she's soposed to start tomorrow at 2pm also. And how am I going to grow in Christ if I keep seeing here at work and the temptation is aways there I mean I have a hard enough time as it is staying away from here. When im always with her she turns on a worldly rap station that i feel aweful listening to. We used to be in class together when we were in the 9th grade and we had to be seperated cause we were talking too much and not paying attention. What should I do work there anyways with her or wait until another place to call me in for an interview? Cause I have like 5 other applications in for other places already. I need advice and prayer on this anyone have advice for me?

Isildur9473
03-05-2006, 02:53 PM
Ok im soposed to start this job working at Wendy's tomorrow at 2pm. The only thing is one of my other friends got hired there too. The thing is this is a friend whome I feel God is telling me to stay away from. She's not a good friend at all shes trouble almost gets me into trouble asks me to drive around everywere or im no fun. The thing is she's soposed to start tomorrow at 2pm also. And how am I going to grow in Christ if I keep seeing here at work and the temptation is aways there I mean I have a hard enough time as it is staying away from here. When im always with her she turns on a worldly rap station that i feel aweful listening to. We used to be in class together when we were in the 9th grade and we had to be seperated cause we were talking too much and not paying attention. What should I do work there anyways with her or wait until another place to call me in for an interview? Cause I have like 5 other applications in for other places already. I need advice and prayer on this anyone have advice for me?

I worked at a Mickey D's full of dead-beats for 8 hours. I quit because I don't like working with people like that. If I were you, I'd scope out the rest of the place, if it's full of deadbeats, quit, if it's just her, ignore her and tell her off.

There's nothing wrong with secular music. ;)

TheFireBreathes
03-05-2006, 02:58 PM
See if you can get a schedule change and explain to the manager or whatever your reasoning.

alien_youth2005
03-05-2006, 03:17 PM
doesn't that look bad though if u just quit like that? like as long as u were a good worker when u did work there?

Isildur9473
03-05-2006, 03:20 PM
doesn't that look bad though if u just quit like that? like as long as u were a good worker when u did work there?

I don't know, I don't really care. I made myself the promise to never ever work in Fast Food again after doing it once.

terrasin
03-05-2006, 03:23 PM
You need to learn to work and live in an enviorment with people you won't get along with or whom you may not like. It's a part of life and being a part of society. Life is full of doing things you really don't want to do, but you need to suck it up and do what needs to be done. Remember, you are there for a paycheck and work experience. I'm sure everyone here would agree that if there was no pay check, no one would be working there. :)

CJ

BarlowgIRL
03-05-2006, 04:05 PM
If she doesn't want to listen to secular music because that is her conviction don't tell her that it's okay.

disciple
03-05-2006, 04:59 PM
I'm sure everyone here would agree that if there was no pay check, no one would be working there. :)

CJ
Yep. :) Sound advice.

john316
03-05-2006, 04:59 PM
First of all i agree with Cj...you are going there to do a job not to make friends. Just because you and that person work together doesnt mean you have to be close to her.Go and do your job and like Brett said if she causes problems go and talk to the manager.If they want to keep you as a worker they will work with you on this.I wouldnt let this stop you from trying the job as you will find in the work world you have to learn to deal with all kinds of ppl.You have one up on most though...you have God on your side. For what its worth i think fast food workers rock...i love the fact that i can drive up to a building and in a matter of minutes have a hamburger fix. 8)

Btw i also agree that if you feel you shouldnt listen to secular music by all means stick to your convictions.

I will have you in my prayers tomorrow that it all works out for you.

lamb_servant72
03-05-2006, 05:12 PM
I agree with CJ and John to a certain extent, and I think God could also be using this as an opportunity for you to strengthen your ability to stand strong when you are tempted.

On the other hand, I think it is honorable that you are trying to avoid temptation. Only you really know if you have it within you to stand against the temptation of a bad influence.

I will be praying for you to have God's guidance as you decide wether or not to pursue this job opportunity or to hold out for another.

as~i~lay~dying
03-06-2006, 07:25 AM

Well...ultimately you have to protect yourself. If you think that you are not strong enough to withstand thos ethings, you CANNOT work there! But, it can also strenghten your faith, help you learn how to say NO. because your going to have to do that a lot in your life! But....also being subjected to her and that disgusting rap is NOT good unless oyu are very strong, so if I were you, I'd work somewhere else. :)

as~i~lay~dying
03-06-2006, 07:30 AM
There's nothing wrong with secular music. ;)
Yes there is, well maybe not ALL, but satan is most certainly in the music today! Anything that goes against what the bible says, is WRONG, to dwell on or listen to!