skynes
03-06-2006, 09:34 AM
I have a big prayer request for my friend Ellia.

I can't give any details because either I don't know them or I don't wanna share without her consent, but long story short.

There is an injustice going on in her life. Her husband is in jail because of it and she may follow him shortly.

I've heard from her myself that they are both innocent and I believe her.

Would you please join me in prayer that the truth comes out?

alorian
03-06-2006, 01:17 PM
Of course!!

as~i~lay~dying
03-06-2006, 01:53 PM
I said on your blog I would, and I will!

drumchick101
03-06-2006, 03:23 PM
So this was the bullitain. I couldn't get on your myspace, it said that it was "temporarily unavailable." Anyways, I'm gald I got it here, I'll pray.

><sarah><

lamb_servant72
03-07-2006, 04:49 PM
Scott, I'm praying the truth will be exposed.

pizza brain
03-07-2006, 08:31 PM
I'll be praying for them if I can remember to.

skynes
03-17-2006, 08:48 AM
Sorry there isn't any update on this, just waiting around for what the courts do.

Could you please keep praying for this? This couple have three kids (all under 7) and they will lose them if this goes badly.

skynes
03-18-2006, 10:58 AM
Excuse the cheap cut n paste, but Im posting this in dozens of forums.

This is a major request from my friend Ellia, she's given me permission to give whatever details I feel are necessary:

Her family is mormon, she herself abides to no religion, but does believe in God.

Her husband is in jail for accused child abuse. I say accused cause Ellia told me that he loves their children and would never harm them.

They have jerk off neighbours who don't like them. They've been trying over and over to get them in trouble one way or another. Saying their dog bit them, saying this and that. this is another one.

So now Ellia's husband is in jail.
The courts are reviewing her psych report, to see when/where/if she will join him.

Her children have been taken into custody. And they are going downhill fast.
Most of them are going through treatment/drugs for one disorder or another.

To say major prayer is needed, is an enormous understatement. We need God to move some mountains... and a few oceans while He's at it.

Ellia is my friend and I believe what she's told me.

lamb_servant72
03-28-2006, 01:49 PM
Scott, do you have an update on this?

1nonlyjen
03-28-2006, 06:47 PM
remember what Jesus said about what faith the size of a mustard seed could do. God made mountians and He can move them. I'll be praying, for your friends and for you.This must be hard for you too. and for their children.

zeroneff
04-04-2006, 04:04 PM
Oh my god that's crazy i hate nahbor who do that it just not right

sorry to hear that skynes why do people do that

false staments

theelectric3
04-04-2006, 11:43 PM
any updates scott?

skynes
04-05-2006, 12:59 AM
Just the one update.

Her brother is currently in jail (same situation), he was supposed to be in Court yesterday, her family were Court Ordered to be there, but because his Lawyer was out of Town it's had to be put back.
No confirmed date though.

Outside of that - nothing new.

If you could, please share this request with others. Prayer bulletins, churches, wherever.

lamb_servant72
04-05-2006, 05:18 AM
I am continuing to pray that the truth will be exposed. I pray that God will draw them to Him. I pray people will come into their lives to show them the love of God.

I use to hear stories about how crazy the Department of Family and Children Services was (that's what it's called here.) I admit I wondered if that wasn't coming from people who had gotten in trouble and wanted to shift the blame.

But, then, I experienced two seperate incidences myself and it was a nightmare! I don't know if this could be any comfort to Ellia, but I just want her to know I understand how horrible it can be to go through something like this with your children and no one will listen to you.

On one occasion, I had left the children, then 7,8, and 10, with the neighbor across the street (who works for DeFACS!) so that I could run errands. I was gone longer than usual (but less than two hours, and you can't even file a missing person report that soon!), and she got worried about me, so she called the police.

For whatever reason, the police had it in their mind that I had left the children alone, and they called DeFACS. By the time I got home, got the note on the door that my children were at the police station, and got there, DeFACS was on the way. I kept asking the police why they thought the children had been left alone. They wouldn't give me a straight answer. They just said, "Anytime children are involved, DeFACS has to be called."

DeFACS, after the call from the police, was also convinced the children were alone. I couldn't get anyone to listen to what I was saying. They had it in their minds what had happened and I didn't have a voice, no matter how many times I told them the children weren't left alone. My children had to go through interviews with DeFACS at their schools. I was a school teacher and I could have lost my job over this. It was so bizarre.

Another time, when my middle child was four, she had to go through "interviews" with DeFACS because she drew a picture of herself dancing for her daddy, and a picture of him scratching her back (two things that she loves to do, she was taking ballet at the time). DeFACS was convinced she'd been molested.

I actually had to go get a restraining order against my husband to show DeFACS that I would protect my children so they wouldn't take them away.

Again, no one would listen to anything I said. In fact, anything I said was grossly twisted. She had to go through a painful physical exam (it took three people to hold her down) and they determined her hymen wasn't intact.

I listened with my jaw dropped as the DeFACS worker phoned the Children's Hospital in another city (making our next appointment) and told them that my daughter had been refered because she had drawn a picture of herself lying on a couch with her legs spread out and her daddy dancing naked over her. I told the worker that was not what she drew. I had the pictures with me, and the worker didn't even look at them. She just waved her hand and said, "Oh, they are not going to listen to what I say, they will do their own exam and interview."

At that appointment, she freaked out when they put her on the examining table (because of the prior experience). The doctor there didn't have to do anything painful to her, and reassured me that the other doctor didn't know what she was looking for, because girls look different than women. They finally determined nothing had happened to her.

DeFACS, in these "interviews" had shown her pictures of naked men. She didn't know of this physical difference between men and women before then.

skynes
04-13-2006, 12:22 AM
Update: Ellia must go through a 60 day psychic evaluation before sentencing.

Prayer would be good.

I've also learnt she was quite heavily into Wicca and Paganism when she was younger, circa 6-7 years ago.

disciple
04-14-2006, 09:51 AM
A psychiatric/psychological evaluation? Hrmage...

I'll still be praying.

unshakeable15
04-14-2006, 11:43 AM
Update: Ellia must go through a 60 day psychic evaluation before sentencing.
Why do they want to know if she can read minds? :-\

(you mean a Psych evaluation.)

Prayer would be good.
i will do my best to remember.

skynes
04-19-2006, 01:09 AM
Fussy yanks and your spelling... lol

I found today (Wed 19) she left yesterday.
I was on Easter holidays with no PC, so it'll be 59 days before I get any more info...

lamb_servant72
04-21-2006, 05:00 PM
I pray God is using this situation to bring the entire family to Him.

skynes
06-07-2006, 12:27 AM
Ellia is back from it all. I'm speaking to her now, I'll update later on developments, but I wanted to tell you the most important thing.

She's accepted Christ :D

alorian
06-07-2006, 12:38 AM
I think you failed to mention that on your blog, heh. That's great!

weebird20
06-07-2006, 01:07 AM
actually the blog says exactly that :P heehee

thats AWESOME news...praises to God....He is sooo good ;D

skynes
06-07-2006, 02:40 AM
Update on the Courts:

She has one month give or take before sentencing.
God's peace is going overtime, she's not worried in the slightest.

While she was away, the state tried to take her kids away. The judge said No, you have no legal standing to do that.

disciple
06-07-2006, 11:57 AM
Yes, all awesomeness. ;D

lamb_servant72
06-07-2006, 01:14 PM
Praise God!!

lamb_servant72
08-15-2006, 05:09 PM
Scott, do you have an update on Ellia?

skynes
08-16-2006, 12:30 AM
I do, quite a bit actually.

She's lost her kids. While she was in therapy (latter end) one of her kids tried to commit suicide, so the state ordered her to give up her kids.

She had two choices:

Give them up, the state drops it and her sentance will probably be lighter.

Fight it, they'll pull in all doctors and psychiatrists to say Why the kids need to go, she would lose (100% certainty) and her sentance would be a lot worse.

In the end she decided to sign them away.

As for her sentance:

3 years probation with No computer access. After 18 months she gets a review.
In that time she needs to get a stable job and her own place to live, essentially stand on her own feet.

After that, everything is dropped, no criminal record or anything.

----------

In brighter news, she's walking strong with God, reading and praying all the time. She's going to a church near her now and she's gonna try and get on the Praise team :P Cause she loves to sing

dawn of light
08-16-2006, 05:26 AM
That's so sad to hear that! I'll pray for her. Is there any chance she'll ever get her kids back? How are the kids handling this, other than the attempted suicide?

skynes
08-16-2006, 06:21 AM
That's so sad to hear that! I'll pray for her. Is there any chance she'll ever get her kids back? How are the kids handling this, other than the attempted suicide?

No, none, never, ever, ever, period.

I have no idea how they are, she isn't allowed any contact with them at all.

disciple
08-16-2006, 10:07 AM
That's... terrible, really (except for that last paragraph :P). I'm still praying for her, though. :\

lamb_servant72
08-17-2006, 12:14 PM
Put your singers first
Infront of the rest
Let them praise and sing to Me

You will see the salvation
Of your God
And watch your enemies flee!