alorian
03-06-2006, 06:40 PM
I'm calling on the panheads who have knowledge of demons. Tell me what you know please.

alorian
03-06-2006, 07:21 PM
Sorry about leaving this so broad
You could say Demons = bad and still be answering my question

I know what demons "are", and what they do, and their purpose, that we have power through our father and saviour to cast them out. Some questions I have include, but are not limited to (so don't scimp out on giving me info!)

1) How do demons get here from hell
2) when we cast em out, to they go elsewhere on earth, or can we banish em to hell?

Reeper
03-06-2006, 07:24 PM
I don't know all that much about demons per se. However, in my experiences as a pastor's son I have come into contact with a great deal of spirits. That is spirits residing in people and causing them to take action. Our church has a certain spirit that hangs around and likes to infest women and cause them to rebel openly and to be honest rediculously against God's authority as outlined by his word. There is actually a book out about this particular spirit. It is called the Jezebel spririt. At one point it got so bad in one person that my brother, me, and a few others could sense the spirit whenever the person it had inhabited came near. Basically the sense was kind of like falling, and nausea all at once as well as a sort of swirling dread or blackness. Weird feeling. Took a lot out of you. But I know that it was from God to protect me, cause one of the spirit's tactics was seduction, or at least charm. Thankfully the sense did work to protect me. As you can imagine you don't want to hang around someone who makes you nauseous.

Also resently, in my church we have been asking people to come forward to ask for blessing on their family. The response has been overwhelming and Satan really hasn't liked it. His most recent attempt to dissuade our efforts has been in the form of heart attacks. Three Sundays in a row a few weeks ago, major members of our congregation experienced what seemed to be heart attacks. Luckily they have turned out not to be. But the attacks were clearly a warning from Satan to stop what we were doing. We didn't.

As a pastor's son you, not get used to, but kind of become accustomed to the flavor of the month spritual attack. The attacks can come in the run of the mill case of gossip, or rebellion, or the extreme cases like heart attacks. Again not exactly demons in the exorcist way, but these spiritual attacks are the work of Satan and his minions.

Hope that helps.

Sorry didn't read your second post. I'll leave this up though. I might answer your questions later, if I can, right now I need sleepy.

Peace

amodman
03-06-2006, 11:55 PM
Sorry about leaving this so broad
You could say Demons = bad and still be answering my question

I know what demons "are", and what they do, and their purpose, that we have power through our father and saviour to cast them out. Some questions I have include, but are not limited to (so don't scimp out on giving me info!)

1) How do demons get here from hell
2) when we cast em out, to they go elsewhere on earth, or can we banish em to hell?

Well, umm, I could still really "asnwer" (well, give some suppositions, anyway) your questions here several different ways. From a thelogical/philosophical standpoint, the "actual physical answer" would largely depend on your views of what demons are/the existence of hell and what have you. To exemplify this, I will explain my own.

Firstly, I do not believe "Hell" has been created yet. From theological studies and whatnot I've galnced over I've come to agree that what most likely is the case is that there is a "lake of fire" where souls go to "experience hell." Figuratively, I also believe souls that go to paradise don't technically go to what will one day be the permanent Heaven, but a paradise set up for them for now. "Between," (perhaps not literally, but you get the idea) these two places is what is known as "the abyss," where Satan and all his original demon followerers are to be found. These may seem strange ideas to you until you might analyze what is said to happen in the final days, when God will create a new Heaven/paradise/whatever for mankind to dwell with Christ as king for eternity and all that jazz, and that God will create a new Hell to put every single demon and lost soul which has and ever will have existed.

Now, to demons. The quickest definition is that they are fallen angels. Generally true, but not in entirety. Another supposition is the 1/3 that fell with Satan. Again, not entirely true. That 1/3, along with Satan, were trapped in the Abyss after his original rebellion against God. We have fairly good reason to believe that this Abyss has not restrained Satan to from communicating w/the other fallen angels and what have you (as it seems he is, how you say, the ringleader), but we also have fairly good reason to believe that he and the large chunk of his host of minions are not here wreaking havoc upon the Earth (reserved for the final days, mind you).

So, what are these demons on Earth if they do not fit the definition of Angels who fell with Satan? Firstly, they are Angels who fell after. We already know there were a great deal many. They were among men and women fornicating like crazy and, basically, befouling the whole Earth with their blasphemy and Nephilim spawn. Secondly, they are the Nephilim themselves. God destroyed all the Nephilim in their physical bodies with the Flood, but their spirits still remain and consitute the lion's share of "lesser demonic spirits." Fallen Angels constitute the "greater demonic spirits."

Besides all that, we know Nephilim have continued to exist and procreate after the Flood (though in lesser numbers). Goliath and the giants in the promised land, for instance, and the Giant men with six fingers and six toes said to have been "sighted" in alien spacecraft as the spawn of "alien matings," for another ;). It is said (somewhere, look for it later, maybe) that the final days will again be like the days of Noah. Meaning, for one, that Nephilim will abound (I have a personal possible hypothesis about "Aliens" deceiving humanity as a whole and what have you, but that's another topic entirely).

And finally, who's to say even more Angels have not fallen since the flood? Angels are not perfect beings, despite what you may have been told. They did not have some "original choice," of follow Satan or not. It seems, they have free will, just like us (my Pastor once said he takes comfort in the fact only 1 demon exists for every 2 Angels since only 1/3 fell...ya, lol, I disagree). A staple of any creature created by God, yes? I'm not saying that I think the Angels are corrupting as fast as flies are dying, but I imagine a good number of them have fallen (as evidenced by the sheer number of "greater demonic spirits" in existence, there are different "power levels," for lack of a better term, for angels too, fyi) and maybe even are falling. Still, though, we've no clue how many Angels are in existence, nor if they multiply, lol. *shrugs* Un-answerable questions.

For your second question, "can we banish them to hell?" Well, obviously, with my first stated belief of Hell not even existing yet, I'd obviously say - no ;). Also, it seems pretty clear that the spirits (let's not say souls, since they don't have them) of the Nephilim remain riiiigght here on Earth (or elsewhere or whatever) in the spiritual realm. There is, of course, the possiblity of "banishing" them to the abyss, but of course we can't do anything. Only God can ;). That's implied in the statement, though, so I'll say while I do not discount the possiblity that God may have banished more demons to the abyss, I find it unlikely. It is, dare I say, another un-answerable question (unless someone has been informed by God, of course).

Now, what to I, personally, know about demons? Well, not a lot, really. I've been interested enough to look into the topic on a theological level, but hardly have I had any direct experience w/interacting with them on a spiritual level short of my own personal issues/attacks/what have you and the few times I think I may have been under physical illusionary attack. In any case, I do know some people who have been called by God and devoted their spiritual lives to driving out demons with the gift of deliverance, and I've heard some pretty wacky/scary stories from both them and from people who have been directly possessed by the demons and/or involved in the occult/witchraft or what have you. Their power is real, and their power is dangerous. God is our only defense, and that doesn't make us immune to their attacks, only survivable...

edit: I tossed some stuff out here, too - http://www.panheads.org/boards/showthread.php?p=241252#post241252

skynes
03-07-2006, 12:51 AM
Everything I know:

Demons in hell

Demons are not in hell, they are wandering on earth doing evil. Satan is not bound (yet), he is also wandering to and fro across the earth.

Power levels of Demons

There are different power levels of them. From what I know they go:

1. Intelligent spell - More along the lines of a stubborn habit than a spiritual force, but it can be used to allow access for greater ones.

2. Evil spirits - Imps, lesser demons, whatever you want to call them. They tend to focus upon one particular hting in your life each and tend to attack in groups.

3. Demons - One demon is worth many evil spirits. They are far far more powerful than spirits and can attack any and all areas of your life simultaneously.

I unfortunately have had personal experience with all three. I can tell you I would rather go against a bunch of spirits than one demon ANY day.

Dealing with them

Firstly, get yourself in good spiritual shape! If you've been slacking your reading and praying you're nothing but easy pickings for them. Evil the lowest of spirits will kick you stupid.
So pray lots and read lots and get close to God before you do anything.

If it is you yourself that is under opression, then that won't be easy, though do-able. Go to your Pastor, an Elder Christian or someone who has experience with them and ask for prayer and explain the situation.

If it someone else, pray tonnes, possibly even fast before you do anything.
You will be hit for interfering. That is a fact, if you interfere in demonic opression in someones life they WILL attack you. When you bear someone elses burden you're going to feel the weight of it.

Spiritual Authority

Now we have spiritual authority over the following:

Our own lives.
Our spouse (the husband only)
Our family (husband AND wife, though it is the Husbands job)
Your congregation (if you are a Pastor or in curch authority)

Anyone else - If and only if, they invite you in. Otherwise praying against demons in their life won't do a whole lot. You could bind them, but not cast them out.

Fighting them

Coming against them alone is stupid. You will lose. We are using God's authority so you need God to help! Pray protection for yourself, for the person under opression AND your friends and family...
Coming from experience - If they can't attack you, they will attack those close to you.

Get others praying for you too. You'll need it.

Praying: This is just a model I use, what I was taught

Thank God for His mercy and power, thank Him for the authority to cast out demons. (Thanking God is good)

I take authority over (name of spirit/demon here) in Jesus name, I bind you up and command you to leave (me/you/whomever).
In Jesus name you must obey and leave now, you may not speak to nor influence (the person) again.
I ask you Jesus for a hedge of protection around me, (the person) and our friends and family.
I ask that whatever entrance was used to gain access to (the persons) life, would be closed in Jesus' name.

Other information

Ok here's another thing. If a spirit got into someone's life, they got in there somehow. A sin, an action, something they said, something stupid they prayed for (like to be broken, or to have a thorn in the flesh). If possible, try and identify what it was that let it in.
Generally whatever it was - Repent of it!

It's also possible it was caused by someone else, a sin within the family causing a spirit to attack everyone. If someone in the family is involved in the occult, that will afflict the whole family.

Also, when you have sex with someone. You are now spiritually bound to them, a spirit tie as it were.
All and any demons and spirits that have access to one of their lives now has free access to the other. (Which is why in witches covens group sex is encouraged and practiced as it allows the spirits access to everyone there.)

Best way to go about it is to pray for wisdom and understanding and for God to reveal to the parties involved HOW these things got in and what should be done about it.

There you go. I'm sure I've forgotten something but if I remember it, I'll add it in later as another post.

404not_found
03-07-2006, 02:26 AM
Umm... where the crap did that info come from? I mean I'm not trying to be offensive or anything, I'm just curious. How do you know so much about what we can't even see? I have never heard any of that stuff before. Well except the part about how to cast demons out and stuff. But 3 differnt types of demons? Is this something people just came up with to explain certain things like gremlins or is there biblical backing to this?

I mean I'm not saying its not possible but you even had them seperated into groups and how they act and everything.

And LOL... you can pass demons like an STD? How'd they discover this?

And the authority thingy... does that need to be exact?

Just again, I am not being sarcastic or rude (just making that clear, I know sometimes I appear that way just cause of my writing style). I'm just curious were this all came from.

amodman
03-07-2006, 02:31 AM
Power levels of Demons

There are different power levels of them. From what I know they go:

1. Intelligent spell - More along the lines of a stubborn habit than a spiritual force, but it can be used to allow access for greater ones.

2. Evil spirits - Imps, lesser demons, whatever you want to call them. They tend to focus upon one particular hting in your life each and tend to attack in groups.

3. Demons - One demon is worth many evil spirits. They are far far more powerful than spirits and can attack any and all areas of your life simultaneously.

Discounting the differences both I and Scott have expressed so far and beliefs of Demonic origin/current state or whatever, I thought I'd add to his "power levels." I'd break that Demons (well, all of them really, but I digress) category up into a very large spectra. There's demons up to what is known as a "strongman" referenced in the Bible and occasionally seen by Spirit filled people in areas with great concentrations of evil. These are very very large/powerful demons. In physical sight, described to be as large and larger than buildings...big ones (and yes, I have known some people who've been given the, umm, "opportunity?" to see the actual appearance of some demons...and they've pretty much all said not much else in life scared them afterwards), but the same applies to angels as well. Two extreme sides of the same coin, one could say.

skynes
03-07-2006, 02:37 AM
More personal experience than I wish I had.That's where it comes from.

If you ever get attacked by spirits and another time by a demon. You will know there is an extreme difference in power there.

I suspected at one point that multiple spirits will attack you simultaneously, so I asked my Pastor (who used to run a deliverance ministry), he told me yes, they can and do attack in packs. But if you have a single demon, that's enough to deal with.

There's probably loads more kinds, those are just what I've encountered.

"And LOL... you can pass demons like an STD? How'd they discover this?"

Let me ask you - Why did you think God banned pre-marital sex? On a whim? Because he felt like it? He banned it because its dangerous! Because it's more than just a physical act, it bonds people on a spiritual level which has more side-effects than mankind is willing to believe.
'Becoming one flesh' is a big big thing. Ask anyone on here who got involved in that kind of thing and they'll tell you what effect its had

Authority - No. Like I said, that is just a model prayer I was taught and one I base mine upon. It generally follows what Jesus said about binding the strong man up, then you plunder his goods and casting them out.
The protection bit I just think is common sense.

"How do you know so much about what we can't even see? I have never heard any of that stuff before. Well except the part about how to cast demons out and stuff. But 3 differnt types of demons? Is this something people just came up with to explain certain things like gremlins or is there biblical backing to this?"

How do we know so much about God yet we can't see Him?

Just cause you've never heard it doesn't mean it isn't true.

Yes there is Biblical backing to this, but no one particular passage, it's scattered throughout the Bible. Mentioning of spirits here and demons there. Principalities and Powers - Prince of Babylon.
All different names and ranks are mentioned.

404not_found
03-07-2006, 03:30 AM
*How do we know so much about God yet we can't see Him?*

We don't :D Well we do know a *little* but I imagine thats just a tiny piece of the whole pizza. And what we do, the Bible tells us. The bible tells us more about God than the nature of demons anyway. But I don't doubt what you've said isn't there, I mean you do make sense (and I've only begun to start reading the bible all the way through so I wouldn't know anyway). Ive just always been highly skeptical when it comes to things of this nature. But I guess it is something I should look into more and not laugh it off as easily. I believe demons are real but I don't think I've ever really grasped totally what they can actually do and always thought of them as being pretty minor. I mean, I'd be the first one to call whoevers says the Amityville House is "haunted" a total basketcase but the truth is there actually could be a demonic infestation in that area (I'm just using that as an example).

So are angels this active too? And how do they work exactly? I've always identified miracles as being directly from God but never really thought of it as, an angel sent from God (like in a fatal car accident you somehow miraculously survive) but seeing how demons are so active in the world, I would imagine angels are as well.

Anyway, thank you for answering my questions.

Oh and how do you know when you've incountered a certain one? Like how are you able to identify it? Would a weakness someone has that is keeping them from getting out and enjoying life cause of fears and anxieties and feelings of total self-worthlessness be a result of a demon or demons?

Last question (Sorry for all the questions), ever encountered angels like you've encountered demons?

skynes
03-07-2006, 05:06 AM
Ask all the question you want.

Angels are just as active, they do loads of things. They do save lives, they deliver messages. The author of Hebrews calls them 'ministering spirits to those who are inheriting salvation'
How they work is up to God.

You know you've encountered a particular kind by prayer. God reveals it. Sometimes it can be obvious... like if someone is continually angry and thrashing around for no reason, you could prolly assume 'rage'
But prayer is THE best way to go.

The Gift of Discernment - aka Discerning of spirits is another way.
It's a spiritual gift mentioned in 1 Corinthians, the person gifted with it is more aware of spiritual forces at work in their own life and the lives of others.

"Would a weakness someone has that is keeping them from getting out and enjoying life cause of fears and anxieties and feelings of total self-worthlessness be a result of a demon or demons? "

Sometimes yes, sometimes no. Demons can and will do that kind of thing, but that doesn't mean its ALWAYS them. Sometimes its just the person. Lots of prayer for wisdom and discernment on that one.

Have I encountered angels? No I haven't. Not that I'm aware of anyway. My sister has seen an angel with her own eyes once, but I haven't.
I probably have encountered them but I just didn't notice.

Reeper
03-07-2006, 08:20 AM
Just a quick story here, not related to demons but angels.

Angels are most definitively real. Not I personally, but my family has encountered at least one angel that we are sure of in the past. One day when my brother was like two my mom had laid him down to take a nap. She decided to clean (one of my mom's favorite pasttimes) while he was napping and while she was cleaning the doorbell rang. She opened the door and there was a man missing one eye with a scraggily beard dressed in dirty, torn clothes. He said "Your house in on fire." My mom thought "yeah right, your just trying to get me out from behind this door you psycho." So she said "I think your mistaken and if you don't leave I'm gonna call the cops." The man just looked at her and said again "Your house is on fire! Come and look." Against her best judgement my mom stepped outside and looked where the man was pointing. The house truly was on fire and the flames were coming out of my brother's crib room. My mom didn't know what to do so she just looked at the guy. He said, "Go get your baby and go next door, I'll call the fire dept." How he knew my mom had a baby was beyond her at the time, but she did so and the fire dept. came. After they had put out the fire my mom looked around for the man but couldn't find him. So she asked the firemen who it was that told them about the fire. They said "No one, we were just driving through the neighborhood after having put out another fire and we saw the smoke." My mom and dad put out posters and adds and offered rewards to anyone who could help them find the man, but no one had ever seen him before and never saw him again afterwards. We know he was a angel.

Peace

TheFireBreathes
03-07-2006, 09:28 AM
How do you know so much about what we can't even see?.

He's like the wind, you can't see it, yet you can feel it and see its effects on other people/things

TheFireBreathes
03-07-2006, 09:30 AM
Just a quick story here, not related to demons but angels.

Angels are most definitively real. Not I personally, but my family has encountered at least one angel that we are sure of in the past. One day when my brother was like two my mom had laid him down to take a nap. She decided to clean (one of my mom's favorite pasttimes) while he was napping and while she was cleaning the doorbell rang. She opened the door and there was a man missing one eye with a scraggily beard dressed in dirty, torn clothes. He said "Your house in on fire." My mom thought "yeah right, your just trying to get me out from behind this door you psycho." So she said "I think your mistaken and if you don't leave I'm gonna call the cops." The man just looked at her and said again "Your house is on fire! Come and look." Against her best judgement my mom stepped outside and looked where the man was pointing. The house truly was on fire and the flames were coming out of my brother's crib room. My mom didn't know what to do so she just looked at the guy. He said, "Go get your baby and go next door, I'll call the fire dept." How he knew my mom had a baby was beyond her at the time, but she did so and the fire dept. came. After they had put out the fire my mom looked around for the man but couldn't find him. So she asked the firemen who it was that told them about the fire. They said "No one, we were just driving through the neighborhood after having put out another fire and we saw the smoke." My mom and dad put out posters and adds and offered rewards to anyone who could help them find the man, but no one had ever seen him before and never saw him again afterwards. We know he was a angel.

Peace

That's pretty cool. It gave me the God bumps

404not_found
03-07-2006, 04:09 PM
*Angels are most definitively real.*

Oo I didn't mean to sound like I didn't think they arent, I had just never really thought about it that much. Same with demons. I mean, I've always known they exsist but I never thought of them (angels/demons) as that active.

Cool story though btw.

He's like the wind, you can't see it, yet you can feel it and see its effects on other people/things

Yes, I guess I wrote what I meant wrong. Or that was a bad way to phrase it but I meant the exact details and powers associated with each one... but whatever thats been cleared up.

skynes
03-08-2006, 12:53 AM
I would probably say that was an angel.

They've been known to take human forms and look and act no differently than a person.

weebird20
03-08-2006, 03:08 AM
oooh i like this topic...i do...on the subject of angels this verse popped into my head...

Hebrews 13:2
Do not forget to entertain strangers, for by so doing some have unwittingly entertained angels.

so who knows we may have encountered angels many times throughout our lives and not even realised it...tis a nice thought that...

ummm...since we're on the subject of angels...can i ask a question....it was metioned that the devil and the other "fallen" angels are not bound in hell as yet...though i found these verses...

Jude 1:6
And the angels who did not keep their proper domain, but left their own abode, He has reserved in everlasting chains under darkness for the judgment of the great day;

2 Peter 2:4
For if God did not spare the angels who sinned, but cast them down to hell and delivered them into chains of darkness, to be reserved for judgment;

these verses seem to say the angels are already chained and are awaiting judgement...or is it that they are referring to what is going to happen to them?

lamb_servant72
03-08-2006, 03:13 AM
Seth, I am so glad you started this thread. I was praying about this on the way to work Monday morning.

If we bind a demon, how long is he bound? Why can he "go into waterless places looking for someone else to inhabit" if he is bound?

I have so much to learn in this area.

I have been so busy with work lately, that I have only skimmed about the first six posts of this. I want to catch up this weekend!

I agree with what Scott said concerning the unclean spirits and the demons, I've interceded for people troubled with both, and I can atest that I would rather fight a group of evil spirits than a demon any day.

I agree about being in shape spiritually, as well. Actually, I don't even see demons unless I am spritually "where I need to be". Although, I know people who have seen demons and angels when they were children, before they even knew of God. But, they didn't know what to do with the demons. I think for me, God doesn't show me what to fight when I'm not there spiritually.

Our spouse (the husband only)

*coughing fit* ;D

skynes
03-08-2006, 04:05 AM
heh heh *rolls eyes*

Ok.. well both can do it, but it's more the husbands job... *cough*

alorian
03-08-2006, 01:29 PM
Thanks so far everyone! I'm not in the best spiritual shape, and I'm surrounded constantly lately by evil spirits, this surely helps me greatly.

amodman
03-08-2006, 02:00 PM
Jude 1:6
And the angels who did not keep their proper domain, but left their own abode, He has reserved in everlasting chains under darkness for the judgment of the great day;

2 Peter 2:4
For if God did not spare the angels who sinned, but cast them down to hell and delivered them into chains of darkness, to be reserved for judgment;

these verses seem to say the angels are already chained and are awaiting judgement...or is it that they are referring to what is going to happen to them?

Haha, Gracías for grabbing those verses Laura ;). Connect those with the end day prophecies of demons being loosed on the Earth and the final war and what have you and you have the construct of my belief that Satan and his original fallen are chained within "the abyss" (simply a name given to it by theologians).

alorian
03-08-2006, 07:22 PM
My most recent experience in a nutshell- this is taken from my AIM convo with someone

I'm not sure why, but I've been under demonic attack lately

I was feeling hopeless. I wanted to lie down and just give up, but I knew I couldn't. I didn't know what was going on at first, but it slowly dawned on me.

I wasn't doing anything about it, though, for whatever stupid reason I had *smacks self*

So I decided to post it in a blog and on panheads.org to get some insight

I read a little bit, but I couldn't read much more because the internet was down yesterday

I asked my brother if he was feeling the same thing, but he said no. He's been sleeping in my room lately cause he doesn't have an alarm clock. Anyway at about 1:40 last night he woke me up and told me he had a freaky dream about demons and was really scared- I shared my burden with him- my mistake! So I comforted him etc for about 40 minutes, then he went back to sleep on the floor after praying a lot

So today after school, when I had internet access, I looked some of it up, and realized what I had to do. I went around my house and yard binding and casting them out

And now I'm doing much better without that feeling of helplessness, despair, wanting to give up, hopelessness etc

skynes
03-09-2006, 12:57 AM
Good to hear Seth. Be sure to ask God to reveal to you HOW they got in and try to dump whatever way it is. You need to lock the door essentially or they'll just come back with greater numbers.

The thing I don't get about Satan being bound is:

If Satan and his minions are bound in the 'abyss', why do people get posessed and oppressed? How was Satan able to tempt Jesus? How was a demon able to afflict Paul with a thorn in the flesh?
How does 95% of all spiritual encounters and warfare happen?

weebird20
03-09-2006, 02:29 AM
Ok....i found another verse that shows that Satan cannot be chained up as he clearly says that he had been walking to and fro on the earth...if he was chained up then he would not have been able to walk about on the earth nevermind come before the Lord...

Job 1:6-8
Now there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the LORD, and Satan also came among them. And the LORD said to Satan, “From where do you come?” So Satan answered the LORD and said, “From going to and fro on the earth, and from walking back and forth on it.” Then the LORD said to Satan, “Have you considered My servant Job, that there is none like him on the earth, a blameless and upright man, one who fears God and shuns evil?”

oh i found another thing...in Revelation 20 it talks about Satan being bound for 1000years...if he is already bound why does it say that he will be bound again?

Revelation 20:2&3
He laid hold of the dragon, that serpent of old, who is the Devil and Satan, and bound him for a thousand years; and he cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal on him, so that he should deceive the nations no more till the thousand years were finished. But after these things he must be released for a little while.

amodman
03-09-2006, 08:06 AM
Ok....i found another verse that shows that Satan cannot be chained up as he clearly says that he had been walking to and fro on the earth...if he was chained up then he would not have been able to walk about on the earth nevermind come before the Lord...

Job 1:6-8
Now there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the LORD, and Satan also came among them. And the LORD said to Satan, “From where do you come?” So Satan answered the LORD and said, “From going to and fro on the earth, and from walking back and forth on it.” Then the LORD said to Satan, “Have you considered My servant Job, that there is none like him on the earth, a blameless and upright man, one who fears God and shuns evil?”

oh i found another thing...in Revelation 20 it talks about Satan being bound for 1000years...if he is already bound why does it say that he will be bound again?

Revelation 20:2&3
He laid hold of the dragon, that serpent of old, who is the Devil and Satan, and bound him for a thousand years; and he cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal on him, so that he should deceive the nations no more till the thousand years were finished. But after these things he must be released for a little while.

Meh, I figure the Bible is either being figurative about the Devil walking and talking about the Earth or being figurative about being chained up by God. I tend to go with the former as being locked away doesn't necessarily limit his influence and ability upon the Earth or what have you.

The second I see as saying he will be bound away where even his influence cannot reach, but whatever.

skynes
03-09-2006, 10:33 AM
Or it's being literal in both and the chaining up hasn't happened yet.

unshakeable15
03-09-2006, 03:22 PM
i've alwasy figured it meant Satan could roam as he wishes, but he can only do so much, he's bound by God in only doing so much. Hence his counsel before God in Job when he essentially needed to ask God's permission to do harm to Job.

lamb_servant72
03-10-2006, 04:31 AM
heh heh *rolls eyes*

Ok.. well both can do it, but it's more the husbands job... *cough*
Agreed. If a husband is bound by a demon, and his mind has been darkened, and if the wife is where she needs to be spiritually, the wife can battle the demon.

I do think it may be much easier for a husband if the situation were reversed. In my situation, I saw (literally) the demons grip loosening, but it didn't completely let go until my husband went through deliverance with the pastors at our church. (So, maybe you are right...maybe I couldn't cast it out? Although, it was loosening it's grip.)

I think this was a pivotal moment for him for many reasons (in addition to the obvious). When one of the pastors specifically descibed to my husband what they had just seen leave him, it was exactly what I had been telling him I was seeing wrapped around his brain...so deeply entrenched, that it was leavening open "tunnels", as a worm does as it crawls through the earth, as it was gradually pulling out.

I saw this happen, this gradual pulling out, little by little, every time I prayed.

Another thing about post #5 Scott, I never thought about this before you mentioned it, but I can't think of a time I have seen a demon when it didn't involve an attack on me or a family member. Now, this does include members outside of my immediate family.

I started reading a deliverance book, with the hope of using this information at the prison, but according to what you said, the best I can hope for is to bind the demons in the inmates? I can see how that scenario would benefit me, would there be any benefit to the inmate if he still has a demon but that demon is bound?

skynes
03-10-2006, 05:50 AM
Yes there is a benefit. While bound the prisoner is essentially given a reprieve for a while.

I've found that demons stop you from thinking clearly.
In a case I know, one person KNEW they needed Christ, KNEW what to do and WANTED IT, yet still couldn't.
After I prayed the demon bound. They were able to accept Christ.

So really binding them means the goods can then be plundered. So that the person can think clearly and choose to accept Christ (of course they can still choose not to), or allow you to pray for them.

If that demon was greatly ingrained into your husband, then it would probably take many prayers and many people to shift it.

Unregistered
03-10-2006, 07:05 AM
we can't see all the works of God. however thru careful study we can find that angels are not the only spirits therefore demons are't neccessarily fallen angels. also some angels left there station and were bound and some were cast to earth. the devil has never as of yet been bound. however jesus has been given all authority and everything we experiance and go thru is under his control and will be caused to work for the good of his children. trust him not not our limited knowledge but him and the love he has for us.

theelectric3
03-10-2006, 12:56 PM
also some angels left there station and were bound and some were cast to earth.

i'm curious to where you find that in scripture.

disciple
03-10-2006, 01:56 PM
I really do want to stress here that the demon will not leave the person if the persaon does not want it (or what lead the person to becoming so affected by it) gone.

In my experience, I kept asking for the suffering to end, but I wanted to keep the demon and what lead me to wanting it. Ah, childhood. ::]

Luvnoswin2sayno
03-10-2006, 03:51 PM
i think that schizophrenic people can see demons and they just think that it is a mental disorder. i don't think thta has anything to with this subject but yeah, it oculd help??; i don't know

Luvnoswin2sayno
03-10-2006, 03:52 PM
I really do want to stress here that the demon will not leave the person if the persaon does not want it (or what lead the person to becoming so affected by it) gone.

In my experience, I kept asking for the suffering to end, but I wanted to keep the demon and what lead me to wanting it. Ah, childhood. ::]
how do you not want it any more?
thats a good question.
\

disciple
03-10-2006, 04:07 PM
How do I not want what anymore? The demon?

Luvnoswin2sayno
03-10-2006, 04:43 PM
How do I not want what anymore? The demon?
yeah, that's right how do i not want the demon?
sorry i need to fill in with text so it would post this post.

lamb_servant72
03-10-2006, 05:08 PM
The same reason the demon was able to come in in the first place. Sin is tempting. The flesh likes it. You may want to get rid of it on some level, but on another level, you don't want to let it go. That's why breaking addictions is so hard to do.

skynes
03-11-2006, 12:44 PM
Addiction feel good. So want to keep them around for the feeling.

On the other hand most addictions are sinful, so it's hurting you and hurting your relationship with God.

So you're torn between the two.

Aragornsgirl217
03-11-2006, 01:05 PM
Seth-

There's a book series called "Forbidden Doors", and they are very informational about demons! They are Scripture based(they use alot of Scripture in it too!), and they're very good!! They opened my eyes to how dangerous demons are, and that they are very real. They also teach about Ouija boards, Tarot Cards, occults, hypnosis, Wicca, revenge.......basically anything you can think of. They're really cool, and I recommend them. They also make it easier to find Scripture in your Bible about demons.

I personally have never encountered a demon-possessed person, and only once have I encountered a demon. I have friends who have encountered demons many times, but they're not strong Christians, so they all swear up and down that it was a ghost.

skynes
03-13-2006, 01:06 AM
ghosts.... man I hate that argument.

Oh it wasn't a demon, it was the ghost of my granny

everyone: Wow ghosts must be real! LEt's try and talk to her

All go to Ouijia board.

Aragornsgirl217
03-13-2006, 03:17 AM
^^I'm with ya there, and of course, when I tried to tell them there's no such things as ghosts, they're like "Then wat was it???" I say Demons, and they're like "There's no such things as demons!!" ::]

Riiiigggghhhttt. I was like "Read your Bible".

skynes
03-13-2006, 05:17 AM
So they're willing to believe in ghosts, yet not demons...

Riiiigggghhhttt. I was like "Read your Bible".

My sentiments exactly.

Aragornsgirl217
03-14-2006, 04:10 AM
^^ Yip. I tried calling them this weekend to talk about wat I learned in those books about Demons and "ghosts".....

No one answered, or called me bak:\

Jesus_Skater
03-14-2006, 04:32 AM
demons exist whether you believe in them or not... they are mentioned in the bible as being real, therfor, if you dont beleive you dont believe the bible

disciple
03-14-2006, 05:25 PM
No one answered, or called me bak:\
Yeah. A lot of people around here I know of want to believe is some things like that quite foolishly (that is, believe in ghosts) for the sake of desires within them that are tied to the occult, foolish beliefs that would get them to turn from God in an instant. The thought that some sweeping feeling they had when they "saw a ghost" was a source of evil trying to trick them is intolerable to them. I know a lot of people around here that would much rather lend credence to a stimulating feeling than to God and the Bible.

alorian
03-14-2006, 07:44 PM
Sounds like the world ::]

disciple
03-14-2006, 08:50 PM
Sounds like the world ::]
Well, I don't like making assumptions, so I based it on my observations and involvement with this area. :)

alorian
03-14-2006, 09:59 PM
Based on what I've heard from people across the country, a few in other countries, and how the Bible describes the world, I based my assumption :P

skynes
03-15-2006, 01:07 AM
*cough* misunderstanding I see.

Disciple - You're saying these people arem ore willing to go on a feeling or emotion rather a solid Truth (Bible)

Seth - you're saying the entire world's like that...

disciple
03-15-2006, 02:20 PM
Yes, I am saying that. Of course, most people around here don't think the Bible is solid Truth.

alorian
03-15-2006, 05:37 PM
*cough* misunderstanding I see.

Disciple - You're saying these people arem ore willing to go on a feeling or emotion rather a solid Truth (Bible)

Seth - you're saying the entire world's like that...

Oof, am I? Not my intent, I apologize. I'm referring to the world as in not in Christ. We are seperated from the world. Not all in the world, but most of it, is that better?

skilltroks
03-15-2006, 06:10 PM
In Bible we watched this Dateline Speicial about exercism, and watched one. It's kind of hard for me to believe that it exists but there is a lot [but iffy] of evidence that demons do existence.

skynes
03-16-2006, 01:15 AM
Oof, am I? Not my intent, I apologize. I'm referring to the world as in not in Christ. We are seperated from the world. Not all in the world, but most of it, is that better?

Yeah that would be my intention, World as in - Not Christians.