pizza brain
03-07-2006, 09:42 PM
if I were to join book club or development what would br expected of me.

theelectric3
03-07-2006, 10:55 PM
book club was an idea that the moderators and korey and ben had. they'd give book suggestions and we'd read them and discuss them in a specified section of the board. and korey and ben (more than likely ben since he'd have more time between the two) would pop in every once in awhile with their input.

we tried it and it didn't work. people didn't have interest or time to devot to it... so it kinda fell away.

development was made awhile back for those interested in helping with development aspects of the board... or something like that. so far nothing has been done.

will
03-08-2006, 08:14 AM
if I were to join book club or development what would br expected of me.

nothing is expected of you... it's just some optional stuff for people that are interested. We did it this way so these boards don't get in the way of people that aren't particularly interested in that stuff.

As far as development goes, Tracy is right... not much has been done, largely because so much of it is pretty technical and we haven't had a lot of people step up that know this stuff. With Skillet's new album on the horizon, we will do a complete redesign of the site, so there will be much more opportunity to get involved on the development side of things.

pizza brain
03-09-2006, 07:57 PM
Sounds like stuff I prabaly couldn't help with

forceflow17
02-16-2007, 04:57 PM
I just joined the book club. what is it exactly, and how many members are there?

forceflow17
02-16-2007, 05:00 PM
also, what is the panheads.org development club?

I Bite
02-16-2007, 06:41 PM
A simple search would have revealed all.

http://www.panheads.org/boards/showthread.php?t=4733&highlight=book+club

not that hard.

closed thread anyone?

timmyrotter
02-16-2007, 06:44 PM
book club im not sure of, and the developement group doesnt really serve a purpose much. it was supposed to, but i dont know what happened with that.

theelectric3
02-16-2007, 09:34 PM
book club was an idea sparked by will, korey and ben. a list of books given from korey and ben for us to read and discuss. it was a great idea (i thought) but fell through because people couldn't get the books or just weren't real motivated... and it proved to be hard to do with people's schedules.

so it ended almost as soon as it started. which i was bummed about.

developement group was designed for people to join who were willing to give ideas/constructive criticism for the boards and helping it become a better community, etc.

jade
02-17-2007, 10:52 AM
closed thread anyone?

Nope, merged thread.

DarkestRose
02-17-2007, 12:34 PM
Maybe we could get the book club started over again. I just joined it awhile ago and think it would be fun if a group of people is still interested in pursuing it. Maybe we'll just give people a good amount of time to obtain and read the book so that it doesn't interfer with schedules.

I Bite
02-17-2007, 04:30 PM
Nope, merged thread.

Well..I was close

forceflow17
02-18-2007, 10:48 AM
For the book club, how about 'The Oath" by Frank Peretti? I'm trying to get a hold of a copy of that.

bubblesemm
02-18-2007, 12:05 PM
what is this book club thing? i don't get it.

DarkestRose
02-18-2007, 02:10 PM
what is this book club thing? i don't get it.

I think it is like a regular book club, where the group would agree upon a book to read. We would then figure out how we would all obtain it, how long it would take to read, and while reading the book, wed discuss it together.

forceflow17
02-18-2007, 05:50 PM
so, what about my idea?

DarkestRose
02-18-2007, 05:52 PM
so, what about my idea?

Might want to figure out who is in the book club and then discuss it with everybody, get people's opinions on what they want to read and decide together. I have that book (well, my sister does) and think it'd be a neat read. Just need to include everybody (and find out who "everybody" is).

forceflow17
02-18-2007, 05:54 PM
Should we start a new thread dedicated just to the book club?
And i should be able to get a copy by wednsday.

unshakeable15
02-18-2007, 07:15 PM
Well, even if things with the book club moved forward, i highly doubt it would be implimented by Wednesday. Again, you would need to discuss things with the others interested in the book club. Everyone might not want to read The Oath, for whatever reason. Maybe they want to read a non-fiction (which work great for book clubs as well), for example "Blue Like Jazz" by Donald Miller, the book Ben recommended a couple months ago on the myspace (but again, this would need to be discussed with all those interested in the book club).

DarkestRose
02-18-2007, 07:54 PM
I agree. I think it'll take awhile to re-start it and everybody needs to be included. Perhaps we need to start it on another thread though?

As a side note, I loved "Blue Like Jazz" and would love to go through it again with a chance to discuss it with other panheads. So that goes in the voting pot.

forceflow17
02-20-2007, 04:45 PM
Who wants to start the now thread?

forceflow17
02-21-2007, 09:54 AM
How about this? A global mod that is interested in the book club(this way it's fair) starts a thread were people request what book the would like selected, then after a while take the top ten, put them in a poll and after a deadline(x amount of days/weeks) implement that book discussion thread.

timmyrotter
02-21-2007, 10:27 AM
Who wants to start the now thread?

hooooooold on there speedy, new threads are evil!

jade
02-24-2007, 07:22 AM
If you guys want to get the Book Club going again, please feel free to do so. I would love to see the community engaging like a community and this as a great way to do it. You don't have to ask one of us for approval and you do not have to ask us to start a thread about it. If you are ever unsure about something please send one of us a PM and we will gladly help you. Despite popular belief, we are always here.

There is quite a bit of stuff going on in the background so the thread may get moved around a bit but I'm going to suggest starting it up in the Lighting the Path board (http://www.panheads.org/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=20). Again, I'm not sure if that will be the book clubs final resting place, but it is a start. Once it does get started, I would just post a link to the new book club thread in this thread so people who do not go into that board can be made aware of its existence.