bob
03-11-2006, 11:12 AM
http://www.wnd.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=49215

terrasin
03-11-2006, 12:26 PM
Eminent domain is one of the reasons I've decided not to buy land in the USA. While other countries do have a form of eminent domain, they don't as freely throw around it's use as the American Government. This country is run by one thing: Greed, and they don't care who they hurt in the process.

CJ

theelectric3
03-11-2006, 05:06 PM
^ i agree, and that's sad...

somasoul
09-14-2006, 05:46 PM
Emminent Domain, eh? In 13 states Amoritization is legal. Basically the government takes your land without paying one red cent for it.

Amoritization has never been used against individuals but it is used against business'. Here's how it works.

Let's say the government wants your property. They Amoritize it and let you keep it for a period of time. If your property is worth, say, $500,000 they may let you keep your property for 3 years. They claim that by "allowing" you to continue to use your property you are using it for the value they would have paid you to come claim it. Therefore, by continuing to use your own property you are not actually taking on a loss.

riiiight.................

NightCrawler
09-14-2006, 05:51 PM
Wow. That is ... very anti-libertarian.

Grunge=Fun
09-14-2006, 07:12 PM
america, the land of opportunity. the way i see it its every man for himself in this country and thats literally how the corporate companies work. they dont work together, they try to outsell their product to be the highest and richest. GREED, like terrasin had said, is definately the issue here. the root of all evil... evilness is wicked :-P

will
09-15-2006, 06:48 PM
(renamed thread... come on, what kind of title is "Hmmmm . . ." ?)

planet_kosmos
09-15-2006, 07:00 PM
(renamed thread... come on, what kind of title is "Hmmmm . . ." ?)
;) Gotta love that title

skynes
09-16-2006, 02:36 AM
In the UK the Queen can take any and all land without exception when she feels like it. I don't think there's a limit to the 'why' she needs it either.

However, I don't think it's ever been done...

terrasin
09-16-2006, 12:10 PM
I didn't think the Queen had any political power other than knighting musicians and other misc. celebrities anymore?

CJ

amodman
09-16-2006, 02:46 PM
I didn't think the Queen had any political power other than knighting musicians and other misc. celebrities anymore?

CJ

Course she does, heh. Though I'm sure hell might be raised over it nowadays if she actually tried to use any of it ;).

unshakeable15
09-19-2006, 06:23 PM
In the UK the Queen can take any and all land without exception when she feels like it. I don't think there's a limit to the 'why' she needs it either.

However, I don't think it's ever been done...
According to my (British) Shakespeare professor, it was used by one of the kings (somewhere between Richard II and James the I and IV, i think) to grab the land that is currently Hyde Park (and other areas around there).

skynes
09-20-2006, 02:08 AM
According to my (British) Shakespeare professor, it was used by one of the kings (somewhere between Richard II and James the I and IV, i think) to grab the land that is currently Hyde Park (and other areas around there).

More than likely, I was referring to Queen Elizabeth in the past so many years. She CAN take land, but she never has.

unshakeable15
09-28-2006, 11:24 AM
Yes, i know, but i was saying that it HAS happened. But, point taken, current Queenie hasn't done so.

terrasin
09-29-2006, 11:24 AM
Pretty much most major countries have some form or another of Emminent Domain, though they don't seem to use it as freely as our country does and for purpose of capitalism.

CJ