timmyrotter
03-13-2006, 01:31 PM
hey everyone, id just like to ask for your prayer... i have been raised as a christian, and have had a personal relationship with Jesus for a very long time, but lately have had many doubts... anyways my girlfirend of like 2 years, and friend for a long time(my future wife)... well im just gonna say i have made bad choices, and we are on a break... to make a long story short, this is coming 4 days before i graduate early(from high school) i am probably going to help my ex-youth pastor on a church plant 60 miles away,(same distance form her though)..
enough said, this is happening at my first major change of my 18 year-old life.. and i am struggling in everyway... with no hope, and so much uncertainty... i need prayer, i need to know God is real, and i need her back... thank you, Timmy

Isildur9473
03-13-2006, 02:53 PM
Good luck, I'm sure it will work out in the end if it's meant to be.

unshakeable15
03-13-2006, 09:08 PM
The end of high school is a big time of change for a ton of people. For many, it's as if life is actually beginning and the previous 18 (or so) years were just test prep for the real thing. But with this change comes the realization that life is bigger than you realize. Know that you are not alone in feeling a little bit lost on where you are headed, what you're going to do, feeling as if some things are moving beyond your ability to work with them or control them.

This is normal. As normal as life gets, actually. It's a constant realization after high school that life is hard, things and people change, and doubt is seeminly overwhelming faith on every possible front. All i can say is that it's vital to be grounded in something. In a sea of change, have an anchor. There's the clique God anchor, but it's also good to have a visible, tangible anchor. Talk things out with a close friend, make a semi-regular event out of hanging out with a group of friends,... Use this as an opportunity to ground some of your relationships with those around you.:)

timmyrotter
03-13-2006, 09:10 PM
thanks mike!

unshakeable15
03-13-2006, 09:14 PM
Any time. :)

drumchick101
03-14-2006, 02:21 PM
I will second what Mike said as proof because I'm a junior and deciding on colleges and such and thinking about life in that perspective is slightly unsettling, especailly thinking about all of those dreams that I have always had in my head. This is the time to make them happen, but I don't know how to because, really, I can't make them happen...This is where God steps in (but really He's been there the whole time). What you said encouraged me as well, Mike. Especially where you said "Life is bigger than you realize." That put a few things into place. Thanks & I'll pray for you, Tim.

><sarah><

as~i~lay~dying
03-14-2006, 10:34 PM
I also agree with what Mike said...and I will say a prayer~ =)