petrameansrock
03-15-2006, 05:23 PM
Anyone like these guys? I think they are amazing, I am in love with their song "Savin Me." How about yall?

disciple
03-15-2006, 06:42 PM
I'm not a big fan, especially after "Animal" or whatever the exact name of it is. They had a song or two I liked sometime, whenever.

DustinRocks
03-15-2006, 07:19 PM
worst band ever.

cinnamonxspider
03-15-2006, 08:31 PM
yeah...not much o' a fan. but i do have the so-called "pride" of saying that they're from a small town very close to where i grew up. i knew a few of their cousins and their drummer actually went to my high school. but, not that it matters much.

they're really big jerks as people. that's what's turned me off. oh, and EVERY band on the radio here in canada sounds like them. it's getting really irritating, to say the least.

unshakeable15
03-15-2006, 10:37 PM
i don't know if this is comforting, but every other band in the US sounds like them. :P

terrasin
03-16-2006, 05:56 AM
i don't know if this is comforting, but every other band in the US sounds like them. :P
Took the words right out of my.. uhh... keyboard. I love the American Music Industry: "Lets make everyone sound the same!"

CJ

riz
03-16-2006, 07:15 AM
Every time my friend and I would see the beginning of that Nickleback video called "Photograph," we laugh at how pathetic the camerawork is. It's just not good at all; they could have hired a decent photographer. (How ironic.) And the look on his face is so forced: he tries to laugh as he sings and it just doesn't work out.

As you can tell, I'm not a big fan of them. Their first song that became a "hit" was halfway decent, until it became overplayed on the radio.

as~i~lay~dying
03-16-2006, 07:16 AM
Yes I absolutely loove nickleback...there sound is sweet! fav songs = photograph, how you remind me and never agian.

skilletfreak101
03-16-2006, 09:21 AM
worst band ever.
hmmm...seems like whenever i say that about a band i don't like (and i never do anymore), i always get criticized saying that i shouldn't even be posting on the particular thread.......

PinkGoo
03-16-2006, 09:49 AM
I'm not a big fan, especially after "Animal" or whatever the exact name of it is.
Haha. :D

...And no, I'm not a fan. I really can't stand them, as a matter of fact.

DustinRocks
03-16-2006, 10:34 AM
they just keep recycling old songs and calling them new. They need lessons in melody.

petrameansrock
03-18-2006, 02:00 PM
...Nickelback does NOT sound like everything else in the US. Everything else in the US is emo.

riz
03-19-2006, 09:15 AM
Emo? Where did you get that?

disciple
03-19-2006, 04:58 PM
Yeah, if anything, the most popular rock in America is angsty-teenager music.

skilletfreak101
03-19-2006, 05:27 PM
...Nickelback does NOT sound like everything else in the US. Everything else in the US is emo.
dude let me say right now that i LOVE YOU!!! someone actually agrees with me about emo

Pretendeavor
03-19-2006, 05:57 PM
dude let me say right now that i LOVE YOU!!! someone actually agrees with me about emo
omg here we go again.

Isildur9473
03-19-2006, 06:26 PM
So, I have an idea. I remember last time EMO became a topic of conversation on here, and it wasn't so great. So let's all play the "I'm not going to bash groups I'm not in since I don't like them game".

disciple
03-19-2006, 06:33 PM
omg here we go again.
It won't get into it here unless you entice him. Let's leave the personal debates off the boards, please.

skilletfreak101
03-19-2006, 06:54 PM
So, I have an idea. I remember last time EMO became a topic of conversation on here, and it wasn't so great. So let's all play the "I'm not going to bash groups I'm not in since I don't like them game".

ok like i said earlier...it only seems that when i bash something (which im not really), people like you seem to correct my "wrong" and tell me not to bash things when we have people on this thread saying things like:

worst band ever.

i don't know about you, but it seems to me like that person is "bashing" nickleback.

petrameansrock
03-19-2006, 06:56 PM
I wasn't bashing emo. Read my post again, I didn't give opinion one way or the other. I was just stating a fact. Most popular music in America IS emo music.

cinnamonxspider
03-20-2006, 10:55 AM
Yeah, if anything, the most popular rock in America is angsty-teenager music.

i wish we had angsty-teenager music here. i'd take that over what we have on our radio.

plus, i consider jack off jill angsty teen music. and they rock.

as for nickelback, it doesn't matter how much the "haters" hate them, because they're still more popular than we'll ever be. so it's best we (as the people that happen to dislike them) just shut up, because it matters no less, anyhow. and as for expressing our hate on the boards, it only pisses people off...so that takes us back to...let's shut up. it matters no less, anyhow.

petrameansrock
03-20-2006, 05:15 PM
Agree Completely.

brandon_p23
03-23-2006, 07:18 PM
Hey, a topic that's good! Hehe.

Nickelback's one of those bands that I've been following since I was a youngin. Their latest CD "All The Right Reasons" is by far the best CD they have ever done. I like how they used a more aggressive guitar on the song "Side Of A Bullet" and how they pieced together a scrap solo by Dimebag Darrell.
Oh, and with their new drummer, Daniel Adair, I think they're more energized than with Ryan "Nik" Vikedal as their drummer.

Bassplayer
03-31-2006, 07:31 AM
their drummer is awesome. i have All the Right Reasons. i think it's a great CD. i don't the Animals too much. but their guitar is wicked. especially in Side of a Bullet. I haven't really been following them. I had heard about 5 of their old songs. Then i got their new CD. As for everyone sounding the same, everyone is trying to sound like Nickelback for a reason. if they weren't good vocally, musically, and lyrically, why would anyone be compying them? anyways, although some of their songs sound the same, they still rock. i do think that this cd is one of their best though. i think Chad has some awesome melodies and they put together their electrics, drums, and bass together perfectly. even if there were no words, their music would draw alot fo fans.

Dreaiscoolio
04-03-2006, 10:15 AM
These guys are good, but Photograph is WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY too over played on the radio, besides, the better songs are the ones u DONt hear on the radio, like "Far Away", and "Next contestant!"

pizza brain
04-03-2006, 07:50 PM
the only song I heard from these guys (all because of you) freaking rocks!

Bassplayer
04-12-2006, 03:01 PM
which one is that? Next contestant, Far Away, Side of Bullet, and Savin' Me need to be played more.

pizza brain
04-12-2006, 03:16 PM
which one is that?

which one is which?

Bassplayer
04-12-2006, 03:38 PM
what song did you hear that you really like?

unshakeable15
04-14-2006, 02:32 PM
the only song I heard from these guys (all because of you) freaking rocks!
i believe that is the song.

Bassplayer
04-16-2006, 06:43 AM
oh. that makes sense.

cloroxmartini
04-16-2006, 11:41 AM
I was driving yesterday and heard a new song by Nickalback. It sounded a lot like some of their other stuff.

Bassplayer
04-17-2006, 06:36 AM
what song was it?

cloroxmartini
04-18-2006, 10:22 PM
I can't remember. One of their new singles or something.