unshakeable15
03-15-2006, 10:34 PM
My friend Tim and myself are going on a backpacking excursion into the wild, from Thursday until Saturday (3 days, 2 nights). It's the kind of trip that separates the men from the boys: no toilet, all supplies carried on your back, freezing weather, possible snow or rain, no toilet (did i mention that?).

Basically, all i ask is that, despite my internal assurance that all will go well, we would have some prayer covering our butts. It's not the safest trip in the world, but it's not exactly climbing a mountain without a harness either. Not to mention, both our moms are gonna worry their heads about our safety until we return.

(For any interested, we're going up to North Bloomfield (http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?searchtype=address&country=US&addtohistory=&searchtab=home&formtype=address&popflag=0&latitude=&longitude=&name=&phone=&level=&cat=&address=&city=North+Bloomfield&state=CA&zipcode=), close to Nevada City.)

weebird20
03-16-2006, 02:56 AM
hey will keep yous in prayer mike...safe trip to you both!

theelectric3
03-16-2006, 12:03 PM
looks like you'd be traveling already, but you and your friend tim will be in my prayers. :) have fun!

pizza brain
03-16-2006, 04:39 PM
I'll be prayin for yous. that no toilet thing sounds awfull

disciple
03-16-2006, 05:07 PM
It's the kind of trip that separates the men from the boys: no toilet, all supplies carried on your back, freezing weather, possible snow or rain, no toilet (did i mention that?).
That is why I am not a man. ;) Indoor plumbing FTW :D

Have fun on the trip. And, ah... try not to be the next people on "I Shouldn't Be Alive". :D ;)

PinkGoo
03-16-2006, 05:15 PM
Sounds like a lot of fun, Mike. I'm sure you can live without a toilet. Millions of others have done it. They're doing just fine.

Anyway, I'll pray. Have fun. :)

Undomiel
03-16-2006, 05:16 PM
Prayin' for ya.

packmule3
03-17-2006, 10:14 AM
DUDE!!!!!!!! Have fun!!!!!!!!! Backpacking is the best. Absolutely. I've been going out a couple times a year since I was ten. I love it through and through.
My dad always told me that It was more dangerous getting to the trail head than it is on the trail. The first few times I went out it was hard to sleep but now its just great.
And I sure hope you can live without a toilet.... I'm a girl, and I'm living. HA!
"both our moms are gonna worry their heads about our safety until we return." don't worry thats natural. Big ol' grin
When you get back post a trip report and pix...

Have fun and Ill pray....

unshakeable15
03-21-2006, 07:14 PM
Well, i would post a pic, but being two guys who aren't prone to taking pictures... we forgot a camera. All we had was Tim's cell phone and that's not the best (but he did still take a couple pictures just for posterity's sake).

It was a blast. It was hard (we didn't have a fire the first day because all the wood was wet and it rained all night), but at least there was a compost house (an outhouse where you use compost to help the *ahem* decomposing). But we did get a fire going the second day after finding (relatively) dry wood. That was a godsend. The hike out was a killer, but it was all good. Not the most fun ever, but certainly an adventure and some good memories. Thank you all for your prayers. :)

as~i~lay~dying
03-22-2006, 07:13 AM
sweet!!! =P