404not_found
03-17-2006, 09:06 PM
I'm looking for other Christian music since Skillet and Flyleaf are really the only Christian bands I listen to and most of the other stuff you guys have mentioned on other threads aren't really my type.

Here are a few secular bands I really like to help you get an idea of what style Im looking for:

Blind Guardian
Nightwish
Iced Earth
Within Temptation
Theatre of Tragedy
Rhapsody
Lacuna Coil
Wizards and Demons

And generally I prefer female vocals. I'm little more picky when it comes to male vocals.

If there are any other bands similar to Skillet (or Flyleaf), that would be cool too... Just no TFK, Relent K Kutless Pillar POD type stuff.

If you're just getting into Christian bands too, don't hesitate to post bands you currently like as well. Hopefully some peeps will beable to help out there as well (right?)

animeraven34
03-17-2006, 09:17 PM
Nightwish
Lacuna Coil
Virgin Black, maybe Saviour Machine.

skilltroks
03-18-2006, 07:57 AM
Does anyone know [the Christian band] Holland's new name?

cinnamonxspider
03-18-2006, 08:10 AM
there's a person on the boards that just might be able to help you...she doesn't come around a lot anymore...but her username is skelfy, and she knows of more bands like that than anyone i know. if you can get in contact with her, maybe she could help you.

DustinRocks
03-18-2006, 08:17 AM
not a christian band but if you like rhapsody check out DRAGONFORCE

404not_found
03-18-2006, 03:49 PM
Virgin Black, maybe Saviour Machine.

Hmm.. those were interesting. Virgin Black was better but neither is really what I'm looking for. Too slow... too quiet... Thanks for suggestions though ;D

Edit: Ok, well virgin black is growing on me a little. It's interesting.

there's a person on the boards that just might be able to help you...she doesn't come around a lot anymore...but her username is skelfy, and she knows of more bands like that than anyone i know. if you can get in contact with her, maybe she could help you.

Ok, thanks I'll drop her a PM and see what happens :D

Does anyone know [the Christian band] Holland's new name?

The Lonely Hearts

cinnamonxspider
03-18-2006, 07:45 PM
not a christian band but if you like rhapsody check out DRAGONFORCE

dragonforce is absolutely righteous, man. and i mean righteous as in...really cool.

skilletfreak101
03-19-2006, 05:38 PM
I'm looking for other Christian music since Skillet and Flyleaf are really the only Christian bands I listen to and most of the other stuff you guys have mentioned on other threads aren't really my type.

Here are a few secular bands I really like to help you get an idea of what style Im looking for:

Blind Guardian
Nightwish
Iced Earth
Within Temptation
Theatre of Tragedy
Rhapsody
Lacuna Coil
Wizards and Demons

And generally I prefer female vocals. I'm little more picky when it comes to male vocals.

If there are any other bands similar to Skillet (or Flyleaf), that would be cool too... Just no TFK, Relent K Kutless Pillar POD type stuff.

If you're just getting into Christian bands too, don't hesitate to post bands you currently like as well. Hopefully some peeps will beable to help out there as well (right?)
if you like bands like lacuna coil (or other bands like that with female vocals)...you could try checking out the christian band gretchen...they're pretty decent

404not_found
03-19-2006, 11:11 PM
if you like bands like lacuna coil (or other bands like that with female vocals)...you could try checking out the christian band gretchen...they're pretty decent

Cool thanks. They seem pretty good. I could get into them. Thanks :D

And thanks for the dragonforce mention BTW dustin. I actually like them already though... I just didn't have em on the list. But yea...

Jesus_Skater
03-20-2006, 05:27 AM
Demon Hunter and Kids in the Way i love both of these bands

brandon_p23
03-23-2006, 09:14 PM
You could also try the band Kainos. I've been digging their hard rock sound. http://www.kainosmusic.com/

If more of an alternative sound, try the indie band Plain Jane. For an indie band, their debut single "The Door" is very well produced and written!

Edit: You can hear them in two places:
http://www.plainjaneband.com/
http://www.indie911.com/directory/christian/plainjane

Mr. Bananas
03-24-2006, 06:33 AM
You like Flyleaf, too? They are awesome!

You might like Fireflight. www.fireflightrock.com