Isildur9473
03-25-2006, 12:19 PM
It seems that in today's culture, it's very popular to wear shirts that have something to do with the state of Idaho. It's also 'cool' to glorify Idaho through the movie Napoleon Dynamite, and other things.

Since this is the case, it's obvious that nobody who does that has ever been to Idaho. I live in Idaho, I know this state pretty well, do those people? Let's review some Idaho history to bring all the great things this state has done out into the open.

-During Woodrow Wilson's presidency, he tried to get the senate to pass his League of Nations plan. This would create something like the United Nations right after World War 1, to try to prevent incidents like World War 1 from happening again. It would create a strong bond between the United States and Europe in combating Militarism and Imperialism, 2 of the hallmark reasons World War 1 was fought in the first place. All that had to be done for the League of Nations to be adopted was for the Senate to pass the resolution Wilson put on the floor in order to adopt the League. Instead, a leading Senator from Idaho decided that the League was a bad idea, probably just because he was a Republican and Wilson was a Democrat. The League wasn't passed, and hence there was no international police force of sorts. This allowed facism to rise in Germany and Italy, and we all know what that did. Thank you Idaho for contributing to the rise of Nazi Germany.

-Mormonism is very deeply rooted in most of the state. They have a stronghold over local politics, and other events. For example, a few years ago July 4th fell on a Sunday, so all celebrations were moved to the following Monday. We didn't gain our independance on July 5th, we gained it on July 4th. The same thing happened with Halloween. You don't go trick-or-treating on the night after Halloween, or else that night would be Halloween.

-In the 1980's Neo-Nazi groups including the Aryan Nations chose Idaho as one of their largest bases. They stayed up there for years doing God knows what to people, and spouting who knows what kind of propoganda.

Thank you Idaho for everything that you've done in your around 100 years as a state.

Pretendeavor
03-25-2006, 12:21 PM
idaho < your mom

pizza brain
03-25-2006, 12:29 PM
I remeber Idaho it was awefull

PinkGoo
03-25-2006, 12:32 PM
What a thread... ::]

amodman
03-25-2006, 12:34 PM
Can't say I've ever seen such a thing...maybe it's cause, I dunno, you live in Idaho? ::] I dunno, just a thought and why these things might be popular...

disciple
03-25-2006, 03:08 PM
What a thread... ::]
No kidding.

PinkGoo
03-25-2006, 03:11 PM
I doubt this thread would have ever been made if the Utah thread had been left unlocked.

aliengurl7
03-25-2006, 11:22 PM
Idaho potato's. The best.

PinkGoo
03-25-2006, 11:29 PM
Ooh. Yeah... how are you going to handle that one, Greg? What about Idaho potatoes? Huh? What are you going to do about THAT one? I bet you didn't think about this.

as~i~lay~dying
03-26-2006, 07:38 AM
My best friend lives in Idaho.........

Isildur9473
03-26-2006, 08:51 AM
Ooh. Yeah... how are you going to handle that one, Greg? What about Idaho potatoes? Huh? What are you going to do about THAT one? I bet you didn't think about this.

Yes, Idaho is a large manufacturer of Potatoes.

PinkGoo
03-26-2006, 09:06 AM
Nicely done, Isildur, nicely done...

john316
03-26-2006, 10:56 AM
Umm...if you want to make a "US States" thread or something of that nature fine but i dont think we need to do it one state at a time.