Isildur9473
03-26-2006, 05:13 PM
The tongue is a large mass of muscle in the mouth of many animals. It's used for manipulating the chewing and swallowing of food, and it's one of the key organs used in the process of tasting things. It also assists in speaking.

So, why is it so cool to stick your tongue out at someone?

George: So Julie, do you have a brand new car?
Julie: No George, I could only afford this run down junker that probably won't get above 45 mph.
George: Well I have a 2006 Nissan XTerra :P

Was that very necessary? How about this?

George: I heard your dog died Julie.
Julie: Yes... He.. He just died this morning. I woke up and went downstairs to feed him as I always did, but he.. He didn't get up. I cried for hours and hours, that dog and I were closer than ever. When I got fired from my last job since it was outsourced to Taiwan, I at least had Baxter to comfort me. :'( :'( :'(
George: Well, my dog isn't dead. Hahahahaha you suck. :P

That wasn't necessary either.

George: So Julie, that math test was muy dificul.
Julie: I know! I got a 96 on it, I'm so proud of myself.
George: Well I got a 99 :P

Julie: They sold the last ticket to Star Wars Episode 3.5: The second revenge of the Sith while the Jedi sort of returns to the guy right in front of me, can you believe that?
George: Well I bought 842,345 tickets.
Julie: Umm can I have one?
George: No, hahahahaha you suck. :P

So, I still can't see a positive meaning behind using the 'teasing' smile. All teasing does is cause the party being teased to become irate or worse......

George: So Julie, I heard that someone broke into your house and stole your stereo.
Julie: I.. I just spent 4 months saving up for it.
George: Well, I still have my stereo, it has 884 speakers for maximum sound effect. I would invite you over to listen to the new 'Best Band Ever' album, but I just don't feel like it, becuase you know what?
Julie: What George?
George: Hahahahaha you suck. :P
Julie: You're forgetting one thing George.
George: What's that?
Julie: I pawned that stupid run down junker that probably couldn't get above 45 mph so I could afford this .357 Magnum especially for you. :P

Completely unnecessary.

disciple
03-26-2006, 05:16 PM
You make a man wonder, Greg.

pizza brain
03-26-2006, 05:17 PM
you make a stupid punk wonder what you're smoking

Isildur9473
03-26-2006, 05:19 PM
you make a stupid punk wonder what you're smoking

George: Come on in Larry.
Larry: Thanks man, it's so cold outside, I need to shoot up in here, can I borrow a syringe?
George and Julie in unison: Drugs are for idiots and people who are not Isildur9473.

aliengurl7
03-26-2006, 05:23 PM
:P you can't be serious................

disciple
03-26-2006, 05:24 PM
Cryptic and nearly pointless thread topics are for post addicts.

pizza brain
03-26-2006, 05:27 PM
George: Come on in Larry.
Larry: Thanks man, it's so cold outside, I need to shoot up in here, can I borrow a syringe?
George and Julie in unison: Drugs are for idiots and people who are not Isildur9473.

yeah sure Greg whatever you say.......not :P

Isildur9473
03-26-2006, 05:28 PM
I'm not trying to be cryptic or pointless, it seriously pisses me off when I see someone stick their tongue out in a post. It bothers the hell out of me on so many levels that I can't even begin to describe them all. People have the nerve to call me arrogant, but I don't go around sticking my tongue out at them.

disciple
03-26-2006, 05:36 PM
Oh... *shakes his head* ::]

aliengurl7
03-26-2006, 05:41 PM
okay... then just tell people you don't like it or something...

Isildur9473
03-26-2006, 05:43 PM
okay... then just tell people you don't like it or something...

I should make a thread just like this:

Name: Tongue
Body of thread:
So umm, I don't like it when you use that stick your tongue out smile. Thank you.

aliengurl7
03-26-2006, 05:49 PM
yep or just put it in your siggy that you don't like them instead of this.

not_you
03-26-2006, 05:55 PM
I'm not trying to be cryptic or pointless, it seriously pisses me off when I see someone stick their tongue out in a post. It bothers the hell out of me on so many levels that I can't even begin to describe them all. People have the nerve to call me arrogant, but I don't go around sticking my tongue out at them.

What if they're "tongue-tied" when they're writing?

Isildur9473
03-26-2006, 05:58 PM
What if they're "tongue-tied" when they're writing?

I'm willing to cut breaks in circumstances such as that.

not_you
03-26-2006, 06:05 PM
I'm willing to cut breaks in circumstances such as that.

Thanks. That's usually why I use the icon.

Or maybe I just want to see you suffer?

riz
03-26-2006, 08:20 PM
it seriously pisses me off when I see someone stick their tongue out in a post.

It annoys me whenever I see these two smilies (::] and :D) in a post, but you don't see me making a topic ranting about it.

:P

disciple
03-26-2006, 08:37 PM
::] I really don't see what people have against smileys. They never hurt anyone. :D

Isildur9473
03-26-2006, 09:56 PM
It annoys me whenever I see these two smilies (::] and :D) in a post, but you don't see me making a topic ranting about it.

Those two smilies piss me off also, I already made one about the stupid one that has the huge smile. The one with the rolling of the eyes I'm willing to let go.

You see, if nobody lobbies for change, we'll never get change. At least by creating this topic I'm creating awareness for the treachery of that smile.

PinkGoo
03-26-2006, 09:57 PM
What do you do to people that stick out their tongues to you in person?

Isildur9473
03-26-2006, 09:59 PM
What do you do to people that stick out their tongues to you in person?

It's only happened a few times. I usually have the urge to scream at them as loud as I can, and call them all kinds of things but I'm able to hold it back. One of these days I won't be able to though...

PinkGoo
03-26-2006, 10:04 PM
And then what will happen? I doubt you will be able to contain yourself and only call them names and scream in their face.

weebird20
03-27-2006, 02:03 AM
thank you for sharing Greg...you have given us something to think about....hmmm...are smilies really necessary....hmmm...well again you have made your point so i no longer see a need for this thread...tho if you disagree please do let me know :)