DustinRocks
03-30-2006, 01:12 PM
Who are the bands you'veseen that let you down the most. I'll start.

Copeland- Seen them like 4 times and they were terrible everytime. IF you do it live don't do it on a cd.

Offspring- Old dudes flat out.

pizza brain
03-30-2006, 02:27 PM
Building 429 they weren't horrible but they weren't near as good as they are on cd

cinnamonxspider
03-30-2006, 03:31 PM
relient k. they were so bad that i don't think i've listened to them since their show about 3 years ago. i stopped liking the band because i hated them so much. it's a shame, because i'm sure they're better now, but i just can't bring myself to listen to them.

come to think of it, another reason was because they were so high on themselves when we went for autographs. it really turned me off.

skilletfreak101
03-30-2006, 04:54 PM
thousand foot krutch. they weren't horrible but they weren't that great. first of all...i've seen them twice in concert and one thing that bugs me is that they always take forever to set up and get ready. also, as you notice on their newest cd, they solo on guitar alot and it's really cool....but when they play the songs live they cut out the guitar solos!! why would you do that?!?! grr!

terrasin
03-30-2006, 07:31 PM
Michael W Smith I think was the most boring I was at. :\

He just sat there... behind a piano... the whole time... and the concert... just dragged on... and on... and on... and on... and on... and everyone was sitting... and it was dragging on... and on... and on... and on... and on...

CJ

PinkGoo
03-30-2006, 07:55 PM
My most dissapointing concert was my first and only Skillet concert.

theelectric3
03-30-2006, 10:29 PM
dissapointing concerts:

the benjamin gate - swc. first time i saw them. i love their first cd their stage presence.... eh, i just walked away going - "eh, that's it?" *shrugs* never impressed...

jonah33 - not impressed. not tight as a band...(musically speaking). i got the impression if the lead singer didn't clue the band in on what they were doing, it would have fallen apart. more practice is the answer for that. (i don't mean for that to sound as rude as it looks.)

relient k - what can i say? stage presence didn't thrill me. i'm not sure why they're so big. (daisy, i felt the same way toward them as well... coming to their presence off stage.)

everyday sunday (is that their name? saw them at swc del mar and was so dissapointed. the mix was loud and distorting, and some of their more musical songs turned bad-screamo-like... not fitting the band or vocals.)

those are the first ones to come to mind.

unshakeable15
03-30-2006, 10:53 PM
TFK - saw them at SWC Monterey a couple years ago. The band seemed to rely upon the lead singer, Trevor, way too much to carry the songs. He was the only one on stage doing any kind of movement. It bored me.

Third Day - a couple years ago, i went to a Bebo Norman, Paul Coleman Trio, Third Day concert. Bebo was fun simply because he was new and so honest on stage (he said he had his eyes closed because he freaked every time he saw the crowd). PCT was all right, nothing great, nothing bad. Third Day was very mediocre. The only thing they had going for them was that i knew more songs of theirs than the other two.

oldiesmann
03-31-2006, 06:13 AM
A couple of years ago, I drove 45 minutes to Franklin (Ohio) to see Poor Man's Riches (at the time an up-and-coming indie band), and at first we were told they'd been delayed and would be there at a particular time, and after an hour of waiting (once the other bands had finished), we were told they weren't coming. It wasn't a total loss though - I got to see More Than Electric and got to talk with their lead singer for a while, but I don't think the band ever did explain why they couldn't make it.

The good news is they're playing up in Wilmington in July, so I'll try to make it to that show. Wilmington is also a bit of a drive (about an hour, just over 50 miles away), but this place always does $5-at-the-door regardless of who's playing (even when Disciple and Staple were playing), so it will definitely be worth it.

as~i~lay~dying
03-31-2006, 07:08 AM
Michael W Smith I think was the most boring I was at. :\

He just sat there... behind a piano... the whole time... and the concert... just dragged on... and on... and on... and on... and on... and everyone was sitting... and it was dragging on... and on... and on... and on... and on...

CJ
haha. no kidding! I don't think I could bring myself to go to one of his concerts............. :-\

skilltroks
03-31-2006, 07:11 AM
The most dissapointing concert that I went to was:
Britney Spears/98 Degrees. It really does speak for itself. But Ms. Britney was an hour late, and had a really short set.
Clay Crosse. Once again it speaks for itself.

frymeskillet
04-03-2006, 02:45 PM
Well I actually I went to this concert this weekend. It was Rebecca St. james, Barlow Girl, and Jadon Lavik. Barlow Girl I will say was awesome, they totally made the show (which is weird because I never really listened to them all that much before.) Rebecca was wesome too....But Jadon Lavik....Oh man, He was REALLY boring. I guess it didn't help that all he did was sing praise and worship with an acoustic the whole time, I don't think he moved from his spot on stage the whole time....The best part was probably when some people stormed the stage, broke a pinata, and pelted people with candy...otherwise, a pretty bad show.

skilletfreak101
04-03-2006, 03:03 PM
apologetix was also disapointing because they didn't sing their best song...enter samson..hahha

theelectric3
04-03-2006, 10:42 PM
ah, another one:

barlow girl... horrible mix. their mics had too much gain on them and the girls were yelling into the mic. it was loud, obnoxious... i didn't stick around to give them more of a chance. i wanted to get away from the chaotic noise.

404not_found
04-04-2006, 12:38 AM
I've only been to one concert I think my whole life. It was an Amy Grant concert when I was like 4 :P I was a HUGE Amy fan back then cause my mom was so I heard the songs all the time and I guess I just caught on (can't stand her singing now but whatever) ANYWAY... It was me and my mom and they had this thing where you could meet Amy after the show if you filled out some kind of paper. I was so excited and wanted her to sign my Amy Grant book I just had bought when we had walked in. Anyway I don't really remember the concert much just that the whole "meet Amy" thing was so unorginized and we didn't have a clue what to do. So I did not get my book autographed and I was crushed. So that would have to be my worst concert ever :D

Oh wait. I did go to a Carman concert when I was like 7. Blah.. Extreamly boring and I hated the sining too. I dont know why my mom took me to that but anyway...

timmyrotter
04-04-2006, 05:48 AM
well a BLindside one, where Showbread didnt show up, and the opening band played longer, The showdown, and they really sucked! blindside made up for it though...

the tooth and nail tour kinda made me mad.. this was just a couple nights ago, but the bands were okay, but who ever was running the sound sucks!!! far-less was too loud, and Anberlin, who i went to the concert for, was not balanced right, and it took the sound guy like 2-3 songs to get the vocals right, the sound was too loud!!! and i just dont like emery so that added to it.