john316
04-08-2006, 06:59 AM
What does or doesn't make your state a great place to live?

Here is my views of living in Maryland.

Pros....The weather is pretty good...we don't get hit with earthquakes,hurricanes or tornadoes a lot. We have the four seasons which is nice.I also like the fact that with a couple a hours drive we can be at either the ocean or in the mountians.It is the home of the Orioles,Ravens and the Terps. MD also gives the world some of the best crabcakes ever eaten.

Cons...Tax rate...it is in the top five states for highest taxes...the latest one being a "flush tax"...a tax on sewer and septic users. Since Md is so close to DC if some crazy dictator nukes Washington then we are toast.

On a scale of 1-10 i give MD a 7

sky_flashings
04-08-2006, 07:31 AM
Well, for California, the pros would be the Mexican food, no extreme weather, things to do with friends, availability of jobs, and where I was at every major thing was just a few hours drive. The cons were the heat in the summer, the smog, the overabundance of city and people creating no room for country, gangs/drug dealers/prostitutes living in the poor section of town right next to a nice section...etc.
For Pennsylvania, pros, beautiful country, no people, if you want quiet, you can easily find it, you can actually see the stars, and you can breath real, non-polluted air. Cons, not much to do but "hang out" or go online, not too many jobs available, no Mexican food :( , and even going to some small event usually takes awhile to drive to, let alone the big events.
*shrugs* I like the atmosphere in PA better than CA, but oh that Mexican food... ;)

zeroneff
04-08-2006, 07:40 AM
Texas is both of that put toghthere

clean air tropical weather in the cost desrt in the west plains in the north lot's of tornado's

San Antonio was in the GBR for over 200 tornados in the last 30 years

cheap gas prices Home to the longhorns

skilltroks
04-08-2006, 07:51 AM
Pros= 4 seasons. don't get hit by earthquakes, hurricanes, and the like. Scenic. Light houses. The fresh water lake.

Cons=boring. and it smells in the summer of animal waste.

zeroneff
04-08-2006, 07:57 AM
It's was summer all winter long it texas

animeraven34
04-08-2006, 08:47 AM
Hmmm, Kansas...

Cons: The wind (hooray for 60 mph wind gusts on cloudless days! ::]), rednecks/hicks driving pick ups either like maniacs or like an 80 year old half blind grandma, employers who would rather hire immigrants (legal or not) at almost half the normal wage and with no benfits (sad, but true ::]), tornado season which lasts from March till November, jengoistic ultra conservative farmers, hit or miss weather, etc.

Pros: ...wide open space.

cloroxmartini
04-08-2006, 09:01 AM
So now Greg really doesn't have an excuse to make another "state" thread. He'll be dissapointed when he hears about this.

Anyway...

I live in Arizona.
Pros: No daylights savings time! How can you go wrong there?

Cons: Everything else!

disciple
04-08-2006, 10:32 AM
Pros: ...wide open space.
Plenty of head room for thinking! :D

Pros: I kind of like the Spring weather.

Cons: Living here. Need I go into details? It could be a very long post.

bob
04-08-2006, 10:55 AM
Maryland, oh Maryland.

Pros: Farm land (or at least used to be).

Cons: Urban sprawl, I hate development.

Heri Altariel
04-08-2006, 10:58 AM
I live in Arizona.
Pros: No daylights savings time! How can you go wrong there?

Cons: Everything else!

You took the words from my mind.

bob
04-08-2006, 11:02 AM
You took the words from my mind.

Is that a theft? ::] :P

Heri Altariel
04-08-2006, 11:03 AM
Is that a theft? ::] :P

Yes, it is. D:<

aliengurl7
04-08-2006, 12:05 PM
California

Pros: the good weather, diversity, Arnold is our governer, not a good thing, but still cool to have "the terminator" as our governor

Cons: Hard to find work because of illegal immigrants are taking all the jobs over here and earthquakes

Maddog
04-08-2006, 01:10 PM
Texas is both of that put toghthere

clean air tropical weather in the cost desrt in the west plains in the north lot's of tornado's

San Antonio was in the GBR for over 200 tornados in the last 30 years

cheap gas prices Home to the longhorns
PREACH IT BROTHER!
Oh and dont forget we are really big and we got the cowboys and cowgirls!

Isildur9473
04-08-2006, 01:26 PM
I live in Idaho. It's worse than most states west of the Mississippi River, and that's saying something since they all suck besides the 3 on the far west. Oregon isn't that great either. :\

Pros: Nothing

Cons: Mormons, Neo-Nazi's, nothing civilized, stupid "OMG I'M GOING TO HAVE HUGE WHEELS ON MY CAR CUZ I'M SO KEWL LOL" people everywhere, nothing to do, pick-up trucks, no music, I could go on for a long time.

cloroxmartini
04-08-2006, 01:46 PM
Arizona again...

Pros: It's 70 degrees sometimes in the winter, when other people around the country are suffereing from the cold. :)

Cons: Just about every driver on the road.

terrasin
04-08-2006, 06:35 PM
Pennsylvania

Pros: Beautiful mountains, nice weather. Snow in winter, warm in summer. Covered in forest area.

Cons: Nothing to do, sucks if you have allergies, is becoming more developed, Strip miners...

CJ

john316
04-08-2006, 06:42 PM
no Mexican food :( , and even going to some small event usually takes awhile to drive to, let alone the big events.
*shrugs* I like the atmosphere in PA better than CA, but oh that Mexican food... ;)

Now Lydia...you telling me that theres no Taco Bell near you up there in PA? ;)

morgojw
04-09-2006, 11:38 AM
dude, I'm going to defend the midwest since the poor thing is getting beat down :P I live in Nebraska (real close to all you Kansas people)

Pros: gorgeous sunsets (watch it almost every night), smaller cities- even if they think Omaha is huge (which it isn't), amazing storms with awesome lightning, not humid, laid back, smaller schools, quiet

Cons: tornados, people aren't too friendly, no mountains. that's really all I can think of at the moment. ::]

cinnamonxspider
04-09-2006, 04:55 PM
i live in alberta, man.

pros: well, it's not even a state. it's the richest province in canada. it's the only province in canada with no PST. really close to mountains.

cons: mad cow?

as~i~lay~dying
04-09-2006, 10:13 PM
Alaska.....
pros~ tis very beautiful, cool moose everywhere, unique you go to church and there's men in carhartts and little kids with knives strapped to there sides...haha, good for snoboarders/skiiers, SNOWMACHINING, hecka awesome summers, not a lot of people, sunny ALL night in the summer!!! love it

cons~ freakin COLD winter(usually around jan/feb) mosquitos, no big malls... unless you live in Anchorage ... thats really all I can think of ...

mk kid
04-10-2006, 01:26 PM
I live in idaho and i agree with greg, there are no pros and the cons are way too innumerable. on the other hand i have mnay pros for Texas where i use to live, the pros are mild weather, chili, cactus, things to do (a spurs or rockets game) and most of my family is there. cons are tornados and hurricanes sometimes droughts.

PinkGoo
04-10-2006, 02:23 PM
Florida. The only con I can come up with is the humidity.

Other than that... It's great.

cloroxmartini
04-10-2006, 02:26 PM
Funny, I didn't think Idaho was that bad when I lived there.

disciple
04-10-2006, 02:54 PM
Florida. The only con I can come up with is the humidity.

Other than that... It's great.
*sticks his tongue out* You Floridans :P

Undomiel
04-10-2006, 05:40 PM
New York= crazy place.

PinkGoo
04-10-2006, 10:42 PM
*sticks his tongue out* You Floridans :P
I'm sure I could come up with a few more cons if I reaaalllly tried.

cloroxmartini
04-11-2006, 04:08 PM
There are cons about every state, especially Florida. :P

PinkGoo
04-11-2006, 04:26 PM
Cons of Florida...

Hurricanes. Lots of retired people. Humidity. Heat.

That's about all I can come up with.

cinnamonxspider
04-11-2006, 04:29 PM
Cons of Florida...

Hurricanes. Lots of retired people. Humidity. Heat.

That's about all I can come up with.

i have a con for florida!!

Con: too many glamorous people. makes me look out of place.

i'm just kidding by the way.

disciple
04-11-2006, 04:31 PM
Cons of Iowa: Lots of the churches here not only reject us, but spite us, most likely because of our race or musical interests (or, for my sister, the way she dresses).

PinkGoo
04-11-2006, 04:43 PM
That sucks. Especially the part about discriminating against your music. And exactly how does your sister dress?

disciple
04-11-2006, 04:43 PM
Usually dark clothing, black, etc.

PinkGoo
04-11-2006, 04:47 PM
And that's... gasp!... bad?! Oh dear. :P

disciple
04-11-2006, 04:48 PM
Yeah. For wearing black, they call you a wiccan and a... ah, prostitute. Mostly the former, if you are male.

john316
04-12-2006, 02:19 AM
i have a con for florida!!

Con: too many glamorous people. makes me look out of place.

i'm just kidding by the way.

Just kidding indeed....we have seen your pics and you would fit right in with the glamorous people.

john316
04-12-2006, 02:20 AM
Cons of Iowa: Lots of the churches here not only reject us, but spite us, most likely because of our race or musical interests (or, for my sister, the way she dresses).

Its a shame but that is true for a lot of churches but fortunately not all.

Aragornsgirl217
04-12-2006, 10:01 AM
Plenty of head room for thinking! :D

Pros: I kind of like the Spring weather.

Cons: Living here. Need I go into details? It could be a very long post.
Well, part of the cons on there could be the hallucigenic corn......it's convinced my mother that cooked carrots are good :-X

Pros:............................................. .................................................. .................................................. ...................................

Cons: The fact that we have 6 months of winter (b.i.t.t.e.r c.o.l.d.), 3 months of spring and 3 months of fall. And the hallucigenic corn. Has anyone ever listened to the song "Iowa Stubborn"? (from the Music Man). That song and what is above is enough for me:P

Undomiel
04-12-2006, 10:06 AM
pros> nice breeze in the spring and summer of the lake.
All my Best Friends live fairly close.

Cons> cold winter, high gas prices, and very muddy when it rains.
And Much more.......

PinkGoo
04-12-2006, 10:21 AM
What state are you in, Undomiel?

disciple
04-12-2006, 10:47 AM
Cons: The fact that we have 6 months of winter (b.i.t.t.e.r c.o.l.d.), 3 months of spring and 3 months of fall. And the hallucigenic corn. Has anyone ever listened to the song "Iowa Stubborn"? (from the Music Man). That song and what is above is enough for me:P
I'm sorry, but you have it backwards; I know you must've moved from a warmer place, so that's why.

I don't consider 2 months of bitter cold Winter, just... cold Autumn. I think maybe it's 2 months Winter, 3 months Spring, 4 months Summer... what remains in Autumn. 6 months Winter? That's an insanely drastic exaggeration. Fall is supposed to be col here, and the bitter cold starts usually November or December, lasts 2 months. Early Spring is just hit-and-miss weather; sometimes it's the right temperature, sometimes it's Summer heat, other times it's downright cold.

Isildur9473
04-12-2006, 10:48 AM
New Hampshire is such a pointless state.

Undomiel
04-12-2006, 01:45 PM
What state are you in, Undomiel?

New York.
The state of lots of weird happenings. ::]

aliengurl7
04-12-2006, 02:39 PM
New York.
The state of lots of weird happenings. ::]
I feel bad for you, New York is nice and all but alot weird people come out at night, so i've heard. ;)

Undomiel
04-13-2006, 07:00 AM
Yeah.
It's very interesting in the cities here.
But I live in the country mainly.
It's pretty cool. I used to have chickens.

PinkGoo
04-13-2006, 07:50 AM
Man, if I was going to live in New York, I most certainly would not want to live in the country. I'd go straight for New York City.

Undomiel
04-13-2006, 09:03 AM
Boring.................
Nasty people in the city

Isildur9473
04-13-2006, 10:59 AM
Upstate is what it's all about... Capital district 4 life yo!

TheFireBreathes
04-13-2006, 02:15 PM
Hmm Colorado.

Pros: All 4 seasons. The city is pretty clean. Theres always something to do downtown, like art shows and bands playing. We got the Avalanche. lets see, amazing skiing. All the celebs come skiing here. Beautifull mountains, and a lot of our buildings are pretty modern. Lots of different groups of people. Diverse.

Cons: Denver is pretty liberal. So theres always some political thing going on down there. VERY DRY. Have fun breathing when you get down here. We dont get enough rain so we can only water three days a week. Real World is gonna be filmed here...and traffic is bad.

cloroxmartini
04-13-2006, 03:38 PM
Arizona is starting to get hot now.

disciple
04-14-2006, 10:01 AM
We got the Avalanche.
Can't I name anything in my novel without it actually existing already?! SHEESH! ::] I almost thought that "AVALANCHE!" was my most original thing in the Modern Age! I was wrong...

Anyways, we had a huge storm sweep through here yesterday; golf ball-sized hail. You could hear the hail hitting the roof one floor above. Awesome storm; too bad it quit out so soon; the tornado hit elsewhere in this state, as always. It was entertaining. Afterwards, I saw some of those rare clouds that are just so beautiful, it was breath-taking. God's power is so amazing. My Dad and I sat in awe of His power for a while. We wanted to take pictures of these clouds, but it was too bright, so no pictures for you guys. :(

There. That's the only real pro of this state -- it's in Tornado Alley.

cloroxmartini
04-16-2006, 11:30 AM
It's starting to get hot here in Arizona. Now I actually have an excuse to stay inside. :P

PinkGoo
04-16-2006, 06:18 PM
Or you could enjoy the heat, go outside, and DO something...

packmule3
04-17-2006, 08:45 AM
New Hampshire is such a pointless state.

Gasp. I live in NH, therefore it isn't pointless; its my home.

I Bite
04-17-2006, 01:04 PM
Alaska

Pros: Georgous scenery, wonderful weather, enough snow in the winter to snowmachine/mobile, lots of blueberries in the summer, room to breathe, really dark in the winter--so you can sleep, really light in the summer--so you can be up late, no thunderstorms, tornadoes, etc.....I could go on and on...

Cons: Mosquitos, and sometimes we get the occasional earthquake.

Pennsylvania

Pros: Beautiful mountains, nice weather. Snow in winter, warm in summer. Covered in forest area.

Cons: Nothing to do, sucks if you have allergies, is becoming more developed, Strip miners...

CJ

What mountains? Where? All I see is hills.. :-\

Hills ; Mountains
http://i3.tinypic.com/vqpau0.jpg
See the difference?

riz
04-17-2006, 02:49 PM
There are mountains in Pennsylvania. Yours are just bigger.

Luvnoswin2sayno
04-18-2006, 07:41 AM
i live in the lowly state of kansas

cloroxmartini
04-18-2006, 08:08 PM
Driving in Tucson is getting worse because of all the stupid snow birds.

PinkGoo
04-19-2006, 08:27 AM
I know. Florida is awful when it comes to that. Thank God, all of the snowbirds left before Easter, so now the traffic has gone down, and there aren't so many old people everywhere.

Undomiel
04-19-2006, 10:05 AM
My uncle came back from Florida this week.
I wish he stayed down there, instead of bringing his crabby mood back to NY.

PinkGoo
04-19-2006, 10:07 AM
Well, we get thousands upon thousands of grouchy old people all winter. I say it's time for them to all to go back to where they came from!

Undomiel
04-19-2006, 10:09 AM
My Grandma should be coming back in May.
She definitely will be like taking almost all those grouchy
people away. 'Cause she has to be the grouchiest of all them.

I Bite
04-19-2006, 12:21 PM
There are mountains in Pennsylvania. Yours are just bigger.

I'm simply going to have to disagree with you on this subject.

riz
04-19-2006, 12:29 PM
Crack open an atlas. Look at the maps in there. The Alleghenies. The Appalachians. Those are mountains. I'm sorry, but if you don't think that there are mountains in Pennsylvania - or any place up and down the eastern half of the United States, you're going to have to go back and take another geography class. Some mountains are larger than others. The Appalachians are much older; therefore, the erosion of hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of years has made them less 'pointy' and more rounded in shape, and not as tall. But they are still mountains.

cloroxmartini
04-19-2006, 01:27 PM
Rid the state of Arizona of snow birds I say!

PinkGoo
04-19-2006, 07:15 PM
Yeah! Just don't send them to Florida, however!

cloroxmartini
04-19-2006, 09:44 PM
Yeah, I hear it's even worse there.

PinkGoo
04-23-2006, 10:01 AM
Indeed it is. It's horrible. That's the one thing I do not like about Florida. Tourists, snowbirds... all that good stuff. :P

Isildur9473
04-23-2006, 05:17 PM
I had the most brilliant idea recently. Instead of waiting around for states to seceede from the Union for one reason or another, lets just kick em out right now. I drafted up a list of states that should be kicked out of the Union.

- New Hampshire (Pointless)
- Alabama (:()
- Mississippi (:()
- West Virginia (:()
- Maine (I flat out don't like Maine, I can't think of any other reason)

That's all I can think of right now, am I missing anything?

cloroxmartini
04-24-2006, 08:13 AM
Arizona! These sad people wouldn't even know if they were a member of the Union or not.

disciple
04-24-2006, 11:26 AM
In Iowa, calling the police on the local drunk is pointless, because he knows the sheriff! They went to high school together, failed math and English together while they did experimental drugs and drank enough alcohol that they didn't know the different between a rock and a floppy drive!

Yeah, you can tell this place bothers me.

Isildur9473
04-24-2006, 11:30 AM
There's nothing wrong with failing English and Math, and doing experimental drugs, don't hate because they're different. ;)

MeNtAlCaSe
04-24-2006, 12:12 PM
..yeah, then you can grow up to be President and ask intelligent questions like:
"Can you define 'is'?"

or say

"new-kee-lur weapons"

cloroxmartini
04-24-2006, 01:03 PM
Haha. Good one.

PinkGoo
04-26-2006, 12:12 PM
In Iowa, calling the police on the local drunk is pointless, because he knows the sheriff! They went to high school together, failed math and English together while they did experimental drugs and drank enough alcohol that they didn't know the different between a rock and a floppy drive!

Yeah, you can tell this place bothers me.
Is there really that much difference between a rock and floppy drive to begin with? I mean, especially in Iowa?

disciple
04-26-2006, 12:13 PM
Yes; rocks get used more, and are common substitutes for brains.

PinkGoo
04-26-2006, 12:16 PM
...Used for what?

disciple
04-26-2006, 12:18 PM
Throwing. Sitting. Other things.

PinkGoo
04-26-2006, 12:19 PM
Throwing, eh? At what?

disciple
04-26-2006, 12:20 PM
People. Buildings.

Like bricks, the time someone drove by and tried to throw a brick through one of our windows... but fell short a few meters. Poor drunken fools.

PinkGoo
04-26-2006, 12:22 PM
Or like those stupid idiots who drive around smashing perfectly good mailboxes with golf clubs...

disciple
04-26-2006, 12:24 PM
Or like the daytime drunks who drive through your yard and nearly wreck your mailbox...

disciple
04-26-2006, 12:27 PM
And... smashing pumpkins in your driveway on Halloween!

PinkGoo
04-26-2006, 12:27 PM
Or like those dumb animals that make a game out driving back and forth and flattening your trash cans (one at a time) with their Ford F350s...

disciple
04-26-2006, 12:31 PM
Wow, it just pulled your post out from under mine and put it at the bottom! Nice.

m_money618
05-05-2006, 01:45 PM
Ah, Oregon....
Pros- it's really green here... when i tell people i don't know i'm from Oregon most people ask if it's boring or if i live on a farm. well, it's kinda boring but i don't live on a farm thanxs.
Cons- we don't have sales tax, so our skools are way screwed up. they are going down, down into a deep pit....

Undomiel
05-07-2006, 04:00 PM
New York
pros: i live here.
cons: too big of cities

1nonlyjen
05-07-2006, 04:02 PM
California,
I want to live in Arizona

Undomiel
05-07-2006, 04:04 PM
i never want to live anywhere else.

1nonlyjen
05-07-2006, 04:06 PM
I get to wear flip flops all the time here. But I'd rather see the rest of the world

Undomiel
05-07-2006, 04:07 PM
i can't always wear flipflops, of which i am very glad

1nonlyjen
05-07-2006, 04:09 PM
I'm too fitful, I don't want to stay in one place all the time. Who's up for a roadtrip?

Undomiel
05-07-2006, 04:11 PM
me. i need a break from NY!

disciple
05-07-2006, 04:26 PM
Me... anything to get out of here.

Bassplayer
05-08-2006, 10:51 AM
Tennessee

Pros. great storms, beautiful mountains, nice country side, a nice lake, cool red-neck friends, great musical area, cool (temp. wise,) great music opportunities, where John Cooper used to live (that's just a nice bonus,) and lot's of mudding, four-wheeling, dirt-biking, sledding, horse riding, and animals owning. oh yeah, and Bellmont University

Cons: tornadoes, horrible football team, too many illegal immigrants, not the greatest governor, not many great laws, public schools hate homeschoolers, horrible public school system (rated 48th i think out of all 50 states)

zeroneff
05-11-2006, 07:03 AM
Texas let's say one of the best state's of the US

MeNtAlCaSe
05-11-2006, 07:14 AM
lets just say I exercise my right to respectfully disagree. That's the wonderful thing about this country, we are all entitled to our opinion and we're free to express it.

that being said, I live in nebraska and will freely admit it totally vacuums. Horribly high taxes and minimal employment possibilities.

fryingpan
05-13-2006, 04:42 AM
my state has been ravaged by tornadoes this year. my city has been ravaged by tornadoes this year. my friends house has been ravaged by tornadoes this year. my car has been ravaged by tornadoes this year.

Undomiel
05-13-2006, 05:10 PM
in my state and on my road people like to have races
with their unsafe cars on our unsafe roads with our unsafe drivers.
Which is by the way very unsafe.

m_money618
05-13-2006, 09:43 PM
in my state alot of people drive alot of crappy cars with big mufflers. my best friend is the only person i know who can look at a car and tell if it has a big muffler or not. i'm the one who identifies if the car is crappy or not. boy, that takes skill...

pizza brain
05-13-2006, 09:44 PM
Another thing about Oregon this winter sucked!!!!!!!!!!!

Bassplayer
05-14-2006, 09:37 AM
winter was actually pretty good here. kinda wet, but at least we got some snow. i got to go sledding in it.

m_money618
05-14-2006, 12:55 PM
Another thing about Oregon this winter sucked!!!!!!!!!!!
it todally sucked!!!

Undomiel
05-14-2006, 05:10 PM
NYer's are scary.

Isildur9473
05-14-2006, 05:33 PM
New York is the best state in the northern half of the Eastern US (Maryland to Maine), just as Virginia is the best state in the southern half, (Virginia to Florida).

disciple
05-14-2006, 05:34 PM
it todally sucked!!!
Yeah, I thought this last winter totally sucked as well... oh, I forgot !!!

Undomiel
05-14-2006, 05:38 PM
winter was pretty good this year here

pizza brain
05-14-2006, 07:38 PM
Yeah, I thought this last winter totally sucked as well... oh, I forgot !!!

you're in Oregon to??

riz
05-14-2006, 08:12 PM
I agree about Virginia. It is a real beautiful state; I'll be going there for a few days over the summer.

Isildur9473
05-14-2006, 08:41 PM
I agree about Virginia. It is a real beautiful state; I'll be going there for a few days over the summer.

I used to live there, and I really miss it. It's superior to Idaho in every possible way.

disciple
05-14-2006, 09:39 PM
you're in Oregon to??
No, but winter happens over here, too.

Isildur9473
05-14-2006, 10:33 PM
No, but winter happens over here, too.

Lying are we? You've really changed disciple.

NightCrawler
05-15-2006, 08:10 AM
Michigan is a good state. But insanity is better.

Undomiel
05-15-2006, 08:21 AM
i like NY, but i would rather live in Narnia.

MeNtAlCaSe
05-15-2006, 08:50 AM
Michigan is a good state. But insanity is better.i am a life long resident of the great state of insanity. Please, stop on by!

disciple
05-15-2006, 09:10 AM
Lying are we? You've really changed disciple.
I'm only lying in the state of Karbagiashtan, Dul. So, no, n00b.

m_money618
05-15-2006, 03:44 PM
Portland Oregon is sooooooo hot right now!!!!!

Bassplayer
05-15-2006, 04:14 PM
it's actually really cool here in TN. it's in the 60's right now. it was really hot. and it'll get hotter soon.

m_money618
05-15-2006, 04:16 PM
in Oregon it was like in the 90's at skool with no air conditioning.....ahhh....

Undomiel
05-15-2006, 05:26 PM
today in NY it was close to 70, which was a good temperature.

pizza brain
05-15-2006, 06:37 PM
Michigan is a good state. But insanity is better.
It's nice...if you don't mind the bugs, really hot summers, and cold long winters.

Portland Oregon is sooooooo hot right now!!!!!

so's the rest of the state.

m_money618
05-15-2006, 08:01 PM
It's nice...if you don't mind the bugs, really hot summers, and cold long winters.

so's the rest of the state.

no kidding.

riz
05-15-2006, 09:30 PM
I would gladly take 90 degrees and sunny over what we're having here in Ohio: damp, constant rain for the past five to six days and temperatures barely rising past 50-55. This is not May. >:(

pizza brain
05-15-2006, 09:58 PM
that's what we just had a bunch of in Oregon.

Undomiel
05-16-2006, 11:43 AM
rainy days here.

MeNtAlCaSe
05-17-2006, 05:48 AM
what's this "sunny" you all keep talking about?

Undomiel
05-17-2006, 07:38 AM
overcast here!

Bassplayer
05-17-2006, 07:47 AM
it's slightly cloudy right now. and in the 60's i think. its actually kinda nice. i don't like when it get's over 80. that's too hot for me. i like it kinda cold.

cloroxmartini
05-17-2006, 09:38 AM
You're lucky my friend. The weather isn't nice to us where I live.

Aragornsgirl217
05-17-2006, 11:32 AM
I would gladly take 90 degrees and sunny over what we're having here in Ohio: damp, constant rain for the past five to six days and temperatures barely rising past 50-55. This is not May. >:(
Roger that!

drumchick101
05-17-2006, 11:38 AM

I've actually kind of enjoyed the rain...but today...we see the sun for the first time in a week, literally.

><sarah><

MeNtAlCaSe
05-17-2006, 11:41 AM
ok...we went from high 60's to high 80's...tooooo much toooo soon.

Bassplayer
05-17-2006, 01:53 PM
i don't miss FL. the weather really sux there. it's always hot. although i liked the storms.

theelectric3
05-17-2006, 02:37 PM
PROS:
the weather.
there's plenty of things to do.
we have mountains.
we have coastlands.
we have desert.

CONS:
everyone seems to be moving here.
the price of gasoline (almost $4).
the price of houses.

pizza brain
05-17-2006, 06:54 PM
$4 a galon :o you've got to be joking?

riz
05-18-2006, 06:14 AM
ok...we went from high 60's to high 80's...

You're complaining about THAT??

Undomiel
05-18-2006, 05:53 PM
That sounds like a good temperature

pizza brain
05-18-2006, 06:52 PM
In some states high 80s are a lot more humid and therfore much more uncomforable than in others.

Undomiel
05-18-2006, 06:54 PM
i hate the 90s! too hot, can't breathe!

pizza brain
05-18-2006, 06:57 PM
In the Midwest if it gets that hot most people stay indoors or have a heat stroke.

Undomiel
05-18-2006, 06:58 PM
weird. 'cause i'm not from the Midwest.

pizza brain
05-18-2006, 07:01 PM
It's more humid there

Undomiel
05-18-2006, 07:18 PM
i'm glad i don't live there then!

pizza brain
05-18-2006, 08:07 PM
Yeah me to!!

riz
05-18-2006, 10:38 PM
It's actually more humid in the southeastern U.S. and the Plains than in the Midwest; the Midwest DOES have its humid moments from time to time, though.

Isildur9473
05-18-2006, 10:45 PM
I just thought you should know that my feelings about Idaho haven't changed. I still hate the state quite a bit. I find that the more time I spend within its confines, the more I grow to dislike it. The problem is, sometimes I find a minor positive quality about it, and I'm forced to like it for a little while. After that, I realize how horrible the state truly is, and then I'm back to my former state of hatred. The hatred is the best way to go when it comes to Idaho.

Undomiel
05-19-2006, 12:06 PM
it's cold here.....

pizza brain
05-19-2006, 04:27 PM
It's actually more humid in the southeastern U.S. and the Plains than in the Midwest; the Midwest DOES have its humid moments from time to time, though.

Ummm I don't know about Ohio but Northern Michigan was extremely humid in the summer.

Undomiel
05-19-2006, 06:21 PM
it's usually very dry here.

cloroxmartini
05-19-2006, 09:06 PM
It's really dry here. It makes my allergies really bad.

skilletfreak101
05-20-2006, 07:11 AM
i live in minnesota and i think it's a great place to live. you get all the different types of seasons and weather...all in one year! no how great is that!?

riz
05-20-2006, 07:38 AM
Ummm I don't know about Ohio but Northern Michigan was extremely humid in the summer.

I'm sure northern Michigan (as well as Ohio) gets humid in the summer, but it is nothing when being compared with Texas, Miami, New Orleans, and other areas of the south. Seriously, they have the humidity for a longer period of time, and it's much worse. I've been in New Orleans and in Florida and in St. Louis in the summer; it's much worse there than in Cleveland, believe me.

PinkGoo
05-20-2006, 11:45 AM
Yeah. Florida is awful when it comes to humidity.

pizza brain
05-20-2006, 03:10 PM
I'd think it would be with all the swamps.

cloroxmartini
05-20-2006, 08:53 PM
Also because it's on the coast.

pizza brain
05-21-2006, 04:13 PM
So is Oregon and it's not humid.

PinkGoo
05-21-2006, 05:19 PM
Oregon = North.
Florida = South.

Undomiel
05-21-2006, 05:48 PM
Denial is a better state, it's not humid there.

m_money618
05-21-2006, 07:29 PM
So is Oregon and it's not humid.

omg....me and some friends walked to the movies today and it was soooo humid... and then when we came out of the movies there was thunder and lightning. the wheather is being stupid today.

cloroxmartini
05-21-2006, 08:24 PM
Hmm, that's a tough one... Would I rather be boiled or would I rather be fried. I just couldn't pick between the two.

bob
05-22-2006, 06:44 AM
I dislike humidity a lot. It's rather annoying. I prefer a mild climate, although I don't mind the cold either.

MeNtAlCaSe
05-22-2006, 11:50 AM
Denial is a better state, it's not humid there.Insanity is quite a nice state as well. you care, but you don't. you know, but you don't. and all the fingerpaints taste like fruit.

PinkGoo
05-22-2006, 12:46 PM
Even the black paint?

MeNtAlCaSe
05-23-2006, 08:58 AM
Yep...taste like black grapes....yummy. It was licorice...but I intensely dislike black licorice...so I told my cocoa krispies to change it.

PinkGoo
05-23-2006, 08:59 AM
To me, black paint tastes like blackberries...

MeNtAlCaSe
05-23-2006, 09:03 AM
hmmmmm...we might have different paint...I'll request blackberry paint next time...thanks liz...

PinkGoo
05-23-2006, 09:04 AM
No problem. I need to go get some banana paint. Yellow is such a great color.

MeNtAlCaSe
05-23-2006, 09:06 AM
banana...or lemon...either works.

PinkGoo
05-23-2006, 09:08 AM
Only in Arkansas.

MeNtAlCaSe
05-23-2006, 09:09 AM
nope...they use squash for yellow down there.

PinkGoo
05-23-2006, 09:10 AM
Nope, that's Georgia.

MeNtAlCaSe
05-23-2006, 09:12 AM
I thought lemons were california, and banana's were florida?

PinkGoo
05-23-2006, 09:14 AM
No, you're wrong. Potatoes are from Idaho.

MeNtAlCaSe
05-23-2006, 09:28 AM
sweet taters are from the Carolinas.

PinkGoo
05-23-2006, 10:10 AM
Oranges, tangerines, grapefruit, lemons, and all that great stuff... those are from Florida.

MeNtAlCaSe
05-23-2006, 10:49 AM
watermelons? Kiwi? cantelope?

Undomiel
05-23-2006, 07:34 PM
watermelons and cantelope are from New York....i know because i have personally grown them myself.

Isildur9473
05-23-2006, 07:39 PM
I miss New York, the capital district is just 2 kewl 4 skewl.

Undomiel
05-23-2006, 07:44 PM
i've lived in NY all my life...

Isildur9473
05-23-2006, 07:56 PM
I was born around the Capital region, I miss it quite a bit.

Undomiel
05-23-2006, 08:00 PM
where do you live now?

Isildur9473
05-23-2006, 08:14 PM
Idaho. I hate it.

Undomiel
05-23-2006, 08:15 PM
is it hot there in the summer?

Isildur9473
05-23-2006, 08:20 PM
Not like upstate New York since there isn't very much humidity here. It's really dry since it's a desert. You'd figure that deserts are hot, but this one isn't, it rarely gets above 95.

Undomiel
05-23-2006, 08:22 PM
wow, that sucks. i hate deserts, anything too dry gets me messed up.

MeNtAlCaSe
05-24-2006, 06:39 AM
deserts are nice places to visit for a day or so....that's enough.

Undomiel
05-24-2006, 07:45 AM
NY is a place lots of people like....and that's the problem with it.....too many people.

MeNtAlCaSe
05-24-2006, 07:56 AM
..it's often said almost no one is born in New York City. Everyone moves there.

Undomiel
05-24-2006, 08:05 AM
that is just scary....no wonder i live in upstate NY

MeNtAlCaSe
05-24-2006, 08:18 AM
Shorty lives in upstate NY as well...

Undomiel
05-24-2006, 08:19 AM
interesting..

MeNtAlCaSe
05-24-2006, 08:20 AM
i been through the White Mountains...beautiful area...

Undomiel
05-24-2006, 08:21 AM
never been there....sounds fun

Isildur9473
05-24-2006, 08:23 AM
Do they have whales in New York?

Undomiel
05-24-2006, 08:23 AM
umm, not that i have seen.

MeNtAlCaSe
05-24-2006, 08:25 AM
in the ocean OFF new york...but not on land...those would be somewhat conspicious

Undomiel
05-24-2006, 08:27 AM
right...i think he meant in an aquarium or zoo.

MeNtAlCaSe
05-24-2006, 09:06 AM
it would have to be a biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiig aquarium....or a tiny whale.

Undomiel
05-24-2006, 09:48 AM
true, but i accually think there is gonna be a really biiiiiiiiiiig one in Rochester, where the fast ferry used to be.

MeNtAlCaSe
05-24-2006, 10:02 AM
sounds cool. I love aquariums....

Undomiel
05-24-2006, 10:04 AM
yeah, me too.
i can't wait!

MeNtAlCaSe
05-24-2006, 10:10 AM
I've been to the ones in Omaha, Baltimore and Chicago.

Undomiel
05-24-2006, 10:11 AM
i've been to the ones in Baltimore, Sarasota and Washington D.C.

MeNtAlCaSe
05-24-2006, 10:17 AM
i've been to DC 6 times and never been there once...shame on me. I really did like the one in Baltimore...especially all the sharks. that was kind of unnerving....i had visions of all the glass breaking and them things swimming around at the bottom...

Undomiel
05-24-2006, 10:20 AM
yeah!! i loved the sharks there.

MeNtAlCaSe
05-24-2006, 10:23 AM
the conference I was there for rented out the entire aquarium. we went all over the building....course, they had open bars on every level. Some of the folks didn't quite manage the walk down the walkway.

Undomiel
05-24-2006, 10:25 AM
hhhmmm, me and my family went there on our way to Washington D.C. for Vacaction.

MeNtAlCaSe
05-24-2006, 10:26 AM
the inner harbor was kind of a fun place.

Undomiel
05-24-2006, 10:27 AM
i don't remember that.
i have short term memory loss.

MeNtAlCaSe
05-24-2006, 10:30 AM
I remember Federal Hill. The liberty ship the have in the harbor, Ft. McHenry....and the place I drank blueberry beer.

Undomiel
05-24-2006, 10:39 AM
i want to go on vacation this week.

MeNtAlCaSe
05-24-2006, 10:45 AM
i want to go on vacation eventually.

Undomiel
05-24-2006, 10:46 AM
i need a vacation from this world

MeNtAlCaSe
05-24-2006, 10:49 AM
sometimes I would like the world to stop so i can get off for while or longer.

Undomiel
05-24-2006, 10:56 AM
yeah, sooner than later

MeNtAlCaSe
05-24-2006, 10:59 AM
there have been days when I've felt like speeding up the process. then, afterwards, I'm glad i didn't.

Undomiel
05-24-2006, 11:14 AM
i'm glad you didn't too

MeNtAlCaSe
05-24-2006, 11:16 AM
thank you, that was a very nice thing to say.

you ever eaten more than 1 bag of Nestles Semi-Sweet baking chips?

Undomiel
05-24-2006, 11:18 AM
oh yeah! i eat them all the time. i crave iron, 'cause i get nose bleeds often.

MeNtAlCaSe
05-24-2006, 11:19 AM
low iron levels?

i like to mix chocolate, white chocolate and butterscotch. mmmmm

Undomiel
05-24-2006, 05:22 PM
that sounds pretty good. i should try that.

riz
05-24-2006, 09:12 PM
Can we keep the two-person conversations to a minimum, please? Or move them over to PM?

Bassplayer
05-25-2006, 10:21 AM
it's starting to get hot in TN. i hate hot weather. although its ok when its breezy. i can stand it then. but humidity knocks it too far over.

MeNtAlCaSe
05-25-2006, 10:31 AM
i remember well...i was up in Ft. Knox.....you know the humidity is high when you can swim without ever leaving the ground.

Bassplayer
05-25-2006, 10:48 AM
yeah, i guess so. lol. i hate when its super humid.

MeNtAlCaSe
05-25-2006, 05:55 PM
it was supposed to be 92 today....never got above 81...maybe I should be a meteorologist...

disciple
05-26-2006, 01:06 PM
Yeah. Florida is awful when it comes to humidity.
Must be the noxious swamp gases. ;)

I REALLY don't like humid weather. At all. Bogs me down badly.

pizza brain
05-26-2006, 08:33 PM
I's raining again :(

zeroneff
05-27-2006, 03:13 PM
texas has every climate there is.....

Undomiel
05-27-2006, 06:59 PM
it was the perfect day here today: rain and shine

Bassplayer
05-27-2006, 07:12 PM
it was soooooo hot here today. it was onlt 87 degrees, but it felt about like 95. i was out in it for about 4 hours watching my friend show her horse. whew, i'm kinda dehydrated

Undomiel
05-27-2006, 07:35 PM
it rained most of the ady here.

pizza brain
05-28-2006, 04:05 PM
It's still all grey and stuff here :(

Undomiel
05-29-2006, 05:43 PM
there was a thunderstorm this morning!

Bassplayer
05-29-2006, 07:03 PM
it's still kinda hot here. there have been alot of t-storms that have missed my house completely

riz
05-29-2006, 08:17 PM
It got pretty warm today. The summer heat arrived sooner than usual again this year. Two years in a row.

I don't mind. I like it warm.

pizza brain
05-29-2006, 09:11 PM
The sun finally came out today YAY!!!!!!!!!!

Undomiel
05-30-2006, 01:52 AM
All the snowbirds are coming back from Florida! NO!!!!

Bassplayer
05-30-2006, 08:31 AM
ooohhh!! i do not miss those days. lol

Undomiel
05-30-2006, 06:07 PM
it was really hot here today like, 99 degrees.

MeNtAlCaSe
05-30-2006, 06:47 PM
we had that 2 days ago. it was tolerable...low to mid 80s somewhere. I never checked.