flame_boi
04-13-2006, 02:55 PM
Hey everyone, just thought I would start up a thread for the new album name.
Does anyone know what the new album is going to be called?-Flame_boi

amodman
04-13-2006, 02:59 PM
"John Cooper And The Ridiculous Orange Smoothies." It's a theme album. All the band members will be dressed up as orange smoothies during the tour, and John will run around in a Willy Wonka-esque suit calling himself "The Smoothie Maker." It oughtta be pretty cool, I think there's free smoothies at every show...

timmyrotter
04-13-2006, 08:01 PM
well ryan it wont be flame boi

Isildur9473
04-13-2006, 09:28 PM
The Day the Pantalones Came...

amodman
04-13-2006, 11:32 PM
The Day the Pantalones Came...

A. It's 'Pantaloons'.

B. That name's simply code, a throw-off, if you will, to fans wanting to know. It's a reference to the pantaloons John will be wearing as "The Smoothie Maker."

korey_cooper_jr
04-14-2006, 02:58 AM
Making an educated guess here, I'm thinking it'll probably be a song name, kinda like how they've done it on a lot of their albums already. "Alien Youth," "Collide," "Hey You, I Love Your Soul," etc.

I kinda like how they do that, name it after a song, because the song explains what the idea is all about, and the theme for the songs of how they all connect. Just my guess though.

nsvol
04-14-2006, 06:12 AM
who knows? it might be Savior, Open Wounds, etc.

Stridergorn
04-14-2006, 07:33 AM
"John Cooper And The Ridiculous Orange Smoothies." It's a theme album. All the band members will be dressed up as orange smoothies during the tour, and John will run around in a Willy Wonka-esque suit calling himself "The Smoothie Maker." It oughtta be pretty cool, I think there's free smoothies at every show...

The would be the best stinkin thing in the world. :azn:

nsvol
04-15-2006, 12:14 PM
that would be funny......but i'll stick w/ what i thought the name would be

m_money618
04-15-2006, 02:29 PM
well ryan it wont be flame boi
hey- i dunno wat the new album's called but i think ur kool cause Project 86 is money.

useofpronouns
05-04-2006, 05:52 PM

Oh, my goodness! That is hilarious!! :afro:

disciple
05-04-2006, 05:54 PM
It oughtta be pretty cool, I think there's free smoothies at every show...
Always thinking with your stomach. ::]

useofpronouns
05-04-2006, 06:01 PM
Always thinking with your stomach. ::]

Hey, skillet + food.. I am totally ok with that idea! :lick:

Isildur9473
05-04-2006, 06:09 PM
A. It's 'Pantaloons'.

No it isn't. Pantalones is Spanish for pants.

B. That name's simply code, a throw-off, if you will, to fans wanting to know. It's a reference to the pantaloons John will be wearing as "The Smoothie Maker."

I don't know where you get your information, but this album is all about the Pantalones.

pizza brain
05-04-2006, 07:50 PM
The new album's name will not be Pantalones!!

There's now evidence that Greg is wrong.

theelectric3
05-04-2006, 10:08 PM
i'm old fashion and boring.. i wait for the band to tell us all what the name is. ;)

useofpronouns
05-05-2006, 03:22 PM
I'm obsessive because I can't ever wait!! roflmbo!!

disciple
05-05-2006, 03:24 PM
i'm old fashion and boring.. i wait for the band to tell us all what the name is. ;)
I must be boring, too. :D

planet_kosmos
05-08-2006, 12:38 AM
It should be called thunder in the city!!!!!!!!

korey_cooper_jr
05-08-2006, 02:55 AM
Is Thunder In The City a nickname for a song they play that John and Oats call it?

aliensoul_squire20
05-08-2006, 04:17 AM
I must be boring, too. :D

I too must be boring..... but then, i've always known so

unshakeable15
05-08-2006, 03:16 PM
If my memory of the studio vids is correct, it's just Oat's and John's thoughts on bass guitar and how it should sound.

theelectric3
05-08-2006, 08:41 PM
If my memory of the studio vids is correct, it's just Oat's and John's thoughts on bass guitar and how it should sound.

yeah, exactly. it's what they concluded on as the best way to describe the bass sound on the new cd.

korey_cooper_jr
05-09-2006, 03:02 AM
Okay, thankx guys. I was just wondering if it was an actual song name or what... but it still sounds cool.. THUNDER IN THE CITY!! :D

zeroneff
05-09-2006, 06:42 AM
I agree about THUNDER part

jak10900
05-21-2006, 10:33 AM
John said last night at the Prestonsburg show that it would more than likely be titled 'Comatose.'

theelectric3
05-21-2006, 11:29 AM
really? hm....

we shall see. :)

Isildur9473
05-21-2006, 12:00 PM
I heard it was called "Lieutenant Grozzbad and the enchanted monkey prince cure cancer", and it was from a much more reliable source than John Cooper.

unshakeable15
05-21-2006, 12:58 PM
The midget twin who sleeps in your closet doesn't count. :P

Comatose? Hmm...

amodman
05-21-2006, 03:17 PM
really? hm....

we shall see. :)

Didn't you used to have an avatar? Lol.

terrasin
05-21-2006, 10:19 PM
It won't amaze me if the album will be called Comatose. That's a rad song.

CJ

zeroneff
05-22-2006, 05:12 AM
Comatose what dose it mean

bob
05-22-2006, 06:37 AM
It means unconscious, like in a coma.

zeroneff
05-22-2006, 01:33 PM
oh..
im speechless hmmm..,

aliensoul_squire20
06-16-2006, 06:06 PM

Man, if ANYTHING like that ever happened.... I'd track them down, take John's bass, smash it over his head, and say "NO!"....... ;D j/k. or, am i?

pizza brain
06-16-2006, 06:11 PM
I hope you're not joking.

m_money618
06-17-2006, 03:21 PM
you can't smash John's bass, it's his baby...... he even told me so when i asked him if i could have it.

pizza brain
06-17-2006, 05:10 PM
You met him?

m_money618
06-17-2006, 07:19 PM
heck yes..... it was flippin sweet.

pizza brain
06-17-2006, 07:24 PM
...........@#$#@&*....

korey_cooper_jr
06-18-2006, 05:07 AM
Okay, well, yesterday at Ichthus right before Skillet came out and played, the person giving the introduction to Skillet said their new album, coming out in the fall, will be called Comatose. So that's where I'm placing my money.

And yeah, they played 2 new songs - Rebirthing and The Last Night. AMAZING songs. I especially loved The Last Night. Simply spectacular!

disciple
06-18-2006, 10:11 AM
Ooh, cool. ;D

loner_33
06-18-2006, 12:57 PM
Okay, well, yesterday at Ichthus right before Skillet came out and played, the person giving the introduction to Skillet said their new album, coming out in the fall, will be called Comatose. So that's where I'm placing my money.

And yeah, they played 2 new songs - Rebirthing and The Last Night. AMAZING songs. I especially loved The Last Night. Simply spectacular!

Darn you, you beat me to it. And yes, The Last Night was probably THE highlight of the festival. For me, anyways. Either that, or when I broke my glasses in The Showdown's mosh pit. :lick: Sweet.

theelectric3
06-18-2006, 01:08 PM
it's nice to hear great reviews of the songs so far. :)

terrasin
06-18-2006, 02:48 PM
It's a shame John wasn't feeling well. Did they stay long to sign autographs?

CJ

loner_33
06-18-2006, 03:54 PM
I don't know, the group I was with was on a pretty strict schedule, so I didn't even get a chance to meet them. But the way he was up on stage sure fooled me--he sure didn't look ill.

aliensoul_squire20
06-18-2006, 06:34 PM
coming out in the fall

**twitches** man...... that sux..... oh well, it's worth the wait, it's skillet of course.

Starbucks5721
06-18-2006, 07:26 PM
September, hopefully...

disciple
06-18-2006, 07:26 PM
September is fall. Hopefully I'll get it within a month or two of its release.

theelectric3
06-19-2006, 12:37 PM
eck. poor john. i hope he is feeling better. i give him props for still going through with the show.

unshakeable15
06-19-2006, 02:10 PM
September is fall. Hopefully I'll get it within a month or two of its release.
Yes, Sept. is fall. But it's in the second half of the month. Which means they were generalizing the date (around the weather, not the equinox), or the album is being released in the later half of September.

timmyrotter
06-19-2006, 02:21 PM
i heard late august-september... but it seems release dates always get pushed back, so be ready for it. tell yourselves october or something...

ImaPunk4SkilleT
06-19-2006, 04:17 PM
I am very excited for this record.. but the orange Idea.. Im liking that alot

doormonkey
06-19-2006, 07:03 PM
maybe itll go back to november...they could do the 3 year anniversary of collide...lol.

Or not. I want new music!!!

disciple
06-19-2006, 07:07 PM
Yes, Sept. is fall. But it's in the second half of the month. Which means they were generalizing the date (around the weather, not the equinox), or the album is being released in the later half of September.
I was hoping it was obvious that I meant the latter half of September.

timmyrotter
06-19-2006, 07:40 PM
doormonkey is back! i forgot about you! woot woot! welcome back!

theelectric3
06-19-2006, 09:19 PM
maybe itll go back to november...they could do the 3 year anniversary of collide...lol.

Or not. I want new music!!!

lol! i think they'd get stormed by fans if they kept putting it off... especially that we know it's already been recorded. hehe. :afro:

JohnnyRocker
06-20-2006, 11:04 PM
http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j303/freezerof82/IMG_5021.jpg

JohnnyRocker
06-20-2006, 11:08 PM
lol! i think they'd get stormed by fans if they kept putting it off... especially that we know it's already been recorded. hehe. :afro:

Yeah, that's true, but one of the most important things to the record label is that they have enough time to give it the marketing that it deserves and if they don't feel that they do then they'll push it back. Obviously, no one wants that, but who knows...?

theelectric3
06-21-2006, 10:53 AM
yeah, exactly. i hope this record is marketed better in the mainstream music than how collide was (of course the double release didn't help... and i know skillet didn't have a say in that).

that's a funny pic of Ben.

amodman
06-22-2006, 01:46 AM
yeah, exactly. i hope this record is marketed better in the mainstream music than how collide was (of course the double release didn't help... and i know skillet didn't have a say in that).

that's a funny pic of Ben.

They took it right before he shot a man...with his hands.

Winnie
07-07-2006, 08:48 PM
I haven't a clue!

disciple
07-07-2006, 09:39 PM
They took it right before he shot a man...with his hands.
HA! Gung-ho Western style, eh? ;)

theelectric3
07-17-2006, 09:24 PM
aww, not locked? bummer.

pizza brain
07-17-2006, 09:44 PM
:o You want this thread locked :o .....How could you?

theelectric3
07-17-2006, 10:27 PM
i meant "locked in a cage".... hehe.

DustinRocks
07-17-2006, 10:30 PM
you can't smash John's bass, it's his baby...... he even told me so when i asked him if i could have it.

I remember when Skillet got the Gmps.Before that John hadthis terrible6 string Ibanez.I think my buddy bought it off him. Dude that was solong ago.

Malawingi
07-26-2006, 02:50 AM
its official:
NEW ALBUM NAME: COMATOSE
and as far as i know the release date is October 3

skillet_head
07-26-2006, 11:04 PM
Pillar isn't the only rock record seizing stores on October 3rd. Skillet's John Cooper informed Jesusfreakhideout.com last weekend that the band's seventh album, Comatose will be hitting shelves on the same day. The band played a show that evening in Clarksburg, West Virginia, introducing two new songs for the audience, including "Rebirthing" and "The Last Night." Comatose is looking to be a worthy follow-up to the band's successful previous installment, Collide... (from Jesusfreakhideout.com/Skillet)

terrasin
07-27-2006, 07:30 AM
OFFICIAL PRESS RELEASE

Hot on the heels of 2003’s best-seller Collide, which launched Skillet meteorically into the mainstream with the hit single “Savior,” touring with Three Days Grace, Salvia, Shinedown, and 12 Stones, plus a prestigious nomination at the 47th Annual Grammy Awards, Atlantic/Lava and Ardent/SRE will unleash Comatose on October 3rd, 2006. “We’ve been proud of where we’ve been in the past, but I feel like this is our strongest record,” notes vocalist/bassist John Cooper, citing the band’s recent completion of the Comatose sessions at Chicago Recording Company (Smashing Pumpkins, Michael Jackson, R. Kelly) with producer Brian Howes (from famed Canadian TVT band Closure and Hinder’s hit CD) and mix maestro’s Chris Lord-Alge (Green Day, Hoobastank, Bon Jovi, P.O.D.) and David Bottrill (Tool, Staind). “There are so many different influences where it won’t just be about rock audiences or metal audiences. I think there’s something here for everybody and it’s our most mass appeal record.” With Comatose, it seems Skillet’s struck gold yet again, building off the refined musicianship found on Collide and taking it to even more jaw dropping extremes. The lead single “Rebirthing,” the first single for both Mainstream and Active Rock (8.21) and Christian CHR and Rock radio (8.14) formats, is a complex but accessible amalgamation of piercing strings, jarring guitars, humongous power chords and neck snapping reactions calling all to come alive in Christ. In sharp contrast, but equally compelling are “The Last Night,” “Say Goodbye” and “Yours to Hold,” all oozing with ethereal orchestration and insanely infectious sing-a-long potential. While such selections are sure to storm the radio, Comatose has several examples of Skillet flexing its experimental muscles, adding several piano based and progressive periods. A careful dissection of “Whispers” unveils nods to the current prog crop via the channels of Yes, while “Better Than Drugs” (focusing on an eternal destiny rather than earthly gain) is a delightfully schizophrenic barnburner sure to tip the decibel scales in one of the disc’s most aggressive displays. “The Last Night” takes a more delicate twist, pitting John’s vocals with his wife Korey Cooper as her keyboards glide with chilling cadence. “It’s a new era for both Atlantic and Skillet,” exclaims Andy Karp, head of A&R for Atlantic Records. “It’s the first record where we’ve really been one on one with the band and it’s the latest step in our unique journey together. I’ve been at the label seventeen years and we’re known for having so many great rock n’ roll bands: Led Zeppelin, Genesis, Yes, Bad Company. There really aren’t a lot of labels that have that kind of pedigree for rock acts and Skillet is yet another in the long line of great bands.” Aside from Skillet’s musical strides, Cooper’s songwriting has expanded to cover a vast range of topical territories, some of which follow spiritually and socially conscious thought processes, while others vulnerably mirror his personal life and struggles. “The Last Night,” talks about someone considering suicide after living life in despair and not having support from their parents. Rather than calling it quits, a supportive friend reminds of God’s unconditional love and they’re eventually talked down from that ledge. Even closer to home for Cooper is “The Older I Get,” which picks up after his mom passed away, tracing the rocky relationship he had with his dad and the eventual forgiveness they reached. Naming the record Comatose further cements those expressions, hoping to rev up listeners to break beyond the mundane, get on track with their relationships (here on earth and with the Creator), while charging forward with hope. “John has written the best songs he’s ever written and there’s been such an evolution on all levels for the band,” Karp continues. “Sonically we set out to create a combination of electronic elements, orchestration and a melodic approach and Skillet’s managed to hit all of those three exactly on target, raising up its game to yet another level of excellence.” But more than composing a disc with killer compositions, Cooper hopes this disc’s deeper meaning of awakening will strike a chord on all levels with listeners. To the church specifically, it’s a reminder that life’s focus needs to be reaching out to others while stepping aside from denominational squabbles, self-absorption and even negative technological influences. “Comatose as a concept is meant to challenge people to invest in the relationships around them,” Cooper sums up. “In traveling around so much, especially in the last couple of years, we’re aware of people needing and hurting more than ever before. We want these songs to start the wheels in motion for believers and non-believers alike to change that cycle for the better.”

CJ

dawn of light
07-27-2006, 08:12 AM
WOW!! I can't wait until Oct 3, I'm so excited!

doormonkey
07-27-2006, 03:54 PM
YEAY-YUH! Rock my face off!

Maugrim
07-29-2006, 01:47 PM
You know, at first I was all...
Collide, and now Comatose, two 'C' names in a row, that's being pretty picky and I'm warming up to the new name already, but part of me wanted the title to be "I Am Comatose". It would go well with "Hey You, I Love Your Soul".:P

nsvol
07-29-2006, 03:40 PM
yea i agree w/ ^