skillet_fan2011
04-16-2006, 09:27 AM
I am a new Skillet fan. I started listening to them about, oh I don't know, 2-3 months ago. They are awesome! When did you all start liking Skillet?
My favorite song of their's is A little more.

theelectric3
04-16-2006, 03:00 PM
i started really getting into skillet around the summer of '98. i enjoyed their music before then. but '98 is when i really became a panhead. :)

Maugrim
04-16-2006, 03:26 PM
I was searching the web for new music and I stumbled upon this band one day in 2001. Like alot of fans, Alien Youth was the album that got me hooked, and I've bought every release since...they are definetely my very favorite band.

timmyrotter
04-16-2006, 09:05 PM
i heard about Skillet in like 98-99, then i thought they were in a beer commercial (and thats why i came to this site once i started liking them, so i could find out the truth). anyho i started liking them 2002, been my fav band ever since... fav song would have to be, Heaven in My Veins... J/K its probably Forsaken, older stuff, The One, Each Other, and Eating Me Away, Scarecrow...

useofpronouns
05-04-2006, 05:48 PM
I am a new Skillet fan. I started listening to them about, oh I don't know, 2-3 months ago. They are awesome! When did you all start liking Skillet?
My favorite song of their's is A little more.

I heard some songs off of their Alien Youth cd, but I didn't actually become a fan until "savior." Been love-struck infatuated ever since then.

useofpronouns
05-04-2006, 05:49 PM
i heard about Skillet in like 98-99, then i thought they were in a beer commercial (and thats why i came to this site once i started liking them, so i could find out the truth). anyho i started liking them 2002, been my fav band ever since... fav song would have to be, Heaven in My Veins... J/K its probably Forsaken, older stuff, The One, Each Other, and Eating Me Away, Scarecrow...

They were on a beer commercial?!?! lol! what song was it?

unshakeable15
05-04-2006, 08:58 PM
They weren't on a beer commercial. There was a guy who has the smallest resemblance to John (he was white, had bleached blonde hair, and had a bit of scruffiness around the jaw) who's nickname is apparently "Skillet." He was featured in a commericial (was he holding a guitar? i can't remember, but i want to say yes) and people jumped all over it.

useofpronouns
05-06-2006, 03:13 AM
They weren't on a beer commercial. There was a guy who has the smallest resemblance to John (he was white, had bleached blonde hair, and had a bit of scruffiness around the jaw) who's nickname is apparently "Skillet." He was featured in a commericial (was he holding a guitar? i can't remember, but i want to say yes) and people jumped all over it.

oh! lol! :D

timmyrotter
05-08-2006, 11:20 AM
yeah it was a long time ago. i dont believe he had a guitar.here is a link disclaiming the comercial (http://www.christrock.com/html_news_1137.shtml)

404not_found
05-09-2006, 11:09 PM
Ahh I thought it was a link to the commercial :( Yea I had found that article the other day searching for the commercial... I was curious just to see what the guy actually looked like.

m_money618
05-10-2006, 03:32 PM
I stumbled upon Skillet when i was only about 6 or 7 yrs. old at a music fest in Portland. Back then i spent most of my time just being a kid.... i wasn't really into music. about 3-4 yrs. ago i started thinking about the music fest and what the music was like. i decided to look for Skillet online to see if i really liked the music. by the time i finally found them on the internet i discovered alot of my friends liked Skillet. Skillet was the band that got my hooked on music.... and i thank God for that music fest. if your a new Skillet fan, just wait... you'll be listening to them nonstop soon.

Isildur9473
05-10-2006, 05:31 PM
Back then i spent most of my time just being a kid

What did you do with the rest of your time? Be an adult?

frymeskillet
05-10-2006, 06:55 PM
Yeah, I started liking skillet in early 2004....I had heard of them on and off before then but never looked into it anymore...needless to say, that when I finally did look into them...I got hooked. Now, Skillet is my favorite band.

m_money618
05-10-2006, 07:54 PM
uh no.... i listen to Skillet and um.... chill??

disciple
05-10-2006, 08:57 PM
LOL!! I didn't see that one. That's classic.

m_money618
05-11-2006, 01:36 PM
LOL!! I didn't see that one. That's classic.
Shutup.......

disciple
05-11-2006, 05:41 PM
Shutup.......
*Wah wah waaaaaahh...*

m_money618
05-14-2006, 01:03 PM
waaaaaaaa yourself.....

Isildur9473
05-14-2006, 03:32 PM
Shutup.......

I think I raised a perfectly valid point.

In all seriousness, I hate that phrase being a kid. It's on my list of pointless phrases, such as

- Coming of age (Same as girls just want to have fun in credit)
- Girls just want to have fun (Who doesn't want to have fun?) (On a side note, I didn't come up with hating that phrase, a well known person on the Internet did. I started hating it once he enlightened me)
- Boys will be boys (What else would they be? Giraffes?)

m_money618
05-15-2006, 04:14 PM
blah...blah...blah...