pizza brain
04-16-2006, 04:08 PM
This I heard about this band on the Pillar borads and I can't get enough of it! :)check them out band site (http://www.decyfer.org/) pure volume (http://www.purevolume.com/decyferdown)

timmyrotter
04-17-2006, 01:29 PM
they are pretty good, they sound like disciple... and they are on SRE records,(Skillet, Disciple)

aliengurl7
04-17-2006, 01:37 PM
Hmm... not bad, not great, but they sound pretty good, I like it.

skilletfreak101
04-17-2006, 02:06 PM
they're pretty good...they aren't really anything special but they are decent.

LeShep
02-07-2007, 08:08 AM
Hey all...I wasn't sure how many of you have myspace, or have heard. So I'm reposting their bulletin.

Pray for Decyfer Down...URGENT NEWS!

Today around 4:30 PM Central time- Bloomington IL, Decyfer Down lost control of their vehicle due to ice and snow on the interstate.
The vehicle then collided with a parked car sitting on the side of the road. The vehicle and trailer jack-knifed, the trailer sheared away from the van doing multiple rotations and coming to a stop blocking three lanes of I-74 the Vehicle in the meantime did a 720 degree rotation and hit a guard rail stopping it from rolling down a very steep embankment. Air bags deployed, bodies were thrown. Chris suffered several lacerations on his hands and all were severely bruised and shaken. Needless to say both vehicles in the collision were completely totaled. The female motorist in the parked car was rushed to the hospital for treatment.. she is believed to be stable. The guys are staying strong.. even though this is a huge blow.. PLEASE KEEP THEM AND ALL THEIR FAMILIES IN PRAYER!

More details to come..

The DD guys send their love and want everyone to know that they really appreciate everyone's prayers and support during the time.

Be blessed

-The DD family

this is from their blog tuesday

LeShep
02-07-2007, 08:16 AM
Tuesday, February 06, 2007

DECYFER DOWN NEEDS A NEW VAN!!!

First we just to express our thanks to all who have been praying for Decyfer Down in the last 24 hours. This has been a difficult time for all of us, and your prayers and messages have helped greatly. We are being faced with a tough situation, in that with no transportation, this tour and our livelihoods and have been greatly effected. We have been able to locate a 2005 Ford Econoline 350, 15 passenger van for purchase in Nashville. We have been able to negotiate a price of $14,000, which is an incredible deal. If anybody would be willing to help towards this purchase, we would be able to provide a tax write-off credit. All we need is 14 people to give $1000, or 28 to give $500 to pull this off.Any bit helps!!! If you can not give monetarily, your continued prayers are very much appreciated, as those are the most valuable. Once again, thanks so much for your thoughts and prayers,

please contact me at
Josh@decyferdown.com and I will help with the details.

blessings - josh and the DD boys

skilletfreak101
02-08-2007, 06:56 PM
i just saw decyfer down last weekend...they opened for disciple and let me tell you what...they were REALLY good. their sound was so full and awesome i couldn't get enough of it...it's too bad they only played like 5 songs

kittygirl
02-09-2007, 03:13 PM
Hey all...I wasn't sure how many of you have myspace, or have heard. So I'm reposting their bulletin.

Pray for Decyfer Down...URGENT NEWS!

Today around 4:30 PM Central time- Bloomington IL, Decyfer Down lost control of their vehicle due to ice and snow on the interstate.
The vehicle then collided with a parked car sitting on the side of the road. The vehicle and trailer jack-knifed, the trailer sheared away from the van doing multiple rotations and coming to a stop blocking three lanes of I-74 the Vehicle in the meantime did a 720 degree rotation and hit a guard rail stopping it from rolling down a very steep embankment. Air bags deployed, bodies were thrown. Chris suffered several lacerations on his hands and all were severely bruised and shaken. Needless to say both vehicles in the collision were completely totaled. The female motorist in the parked car was rushed to the hospital for treatment.. she is believed to be stable. The guys are staying strong.. even though this is a huge blow.. PLEASE KEEP THEM AND ALL THEIR FAMILIES IN PRAYER!

More details to come..

The DD guys send their love and want everyone to know that they really appreciate everyone's prayers and support during the time.

Be blessed

-The DD family

this is from their blog tuesday

I heard that on the radio, and was kind of suprised, because they said that they're still planning on playing Sunday night...

alienyouth9292
02-09-2007, 04:46 PM
"life again" is a sweet song, but beyond that, they are just another generic christian rock band....

skilletfreak101
02-10-2007, 08:11 AM
"life again" is a sweet song, but beyond that, they are just another generic christian rock band....
that's exactly what i thought when i first heard their music...but seriously, they are really one of the most professional sounding christian rock bands i've ever heard live. they really know what they're doing

LeShep
02-11-2007, 08:26 PM
wow they were my first tate of Christian Rock and I was hooked...was looking around for more to come, and will try to go to as many as possible... i just adore them soooo much.

I Bite
02-19-2007, 04:00 PM
I like them a lot...Funny how no one ever has Alaska on their tour dates..>_< But I can't wait til I get enough money to buy their cd..

amodman
02-22-2007, 09:09 PM
I almost dropped one of their amps.

Oops.

pizza brain
02-23-2007, 09:09 PM
:o How could you!? you will burn for all eternity for this! [/sarcasm]

LeShep
02-26-2007, 12:25 PM
I cant wait to see them again March 10
Decyfer Down, Seventh Day Slumber, Eleventy Seven and Ruth

aliensoul_squire20
02-26-2007, 02:09 PM
Wow, that accident sounds major. I hope they can get that new van.

I like them. I got hooked when I heard "I'll Breathe For You" on a free cd I got with my Flyleaf cd. Their album wasn't didn't live up to what I thought it would be, but the songs like "Break Free", "Life Again", "Walking Dead", "I'll Breathe For You", and "Vanity" are what hold it close to what I'd hoped for. the rest of the album is good, just not as much as I'd thought.

I saw them in September opening for Skillet, and they were great, but they just held a candle to Skillet, which was the most amazing skillet show I've been to to date. Plus, I got my bass signed by Caleb, adding to my steadily growing collection of bassist autographs on the head of my bass ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

But, over-all, they're a good band. Hopefully their next album rocks.

timmyrotter
03-01-2007, 02:57 PM
Fight Like This is gaining airplay on active rock, with no Label backing the song! its not even a single, it had like 70+ plays last week. they will probably have a mainstream single soon because of this success. i had never heard this song before, its kinda catchy.

LeShep
03-01-2007, 04:24 PM
love that song!! but I do love all the cd too :p

alienyouth9292
04-20-2007, 03:56 PM
i got the cd.....its pretty catchy. i like all the guitar solos mixed in the songs. i recommend it - plus they're from my state lol.

skilletfreak101
04-22-2007, 06:59 PM
Fight Like This is gaining airplay on active rock, with no Label backing the song! its not even a single, it had like 70+ plays last week. they will probably have a mainstream single soon because of this success. i had never heard this song before, its kinda catchy.
yeah i heard that song on a secular sirius station the other day...i got really excited...hehe. but yeah decyfer down is really really good and they are probably one of the best "christian" rock bands i've heard in a while

bob
04-23-2007, 07:36 PM
I've been listening to their CD a lot recently. I saw them on Disciple's Scars Remain tour and they put on a good show.

alienyouth9292
04-27-2007, 11:37 AM
after a couple days of listening to their cd, it got boring.....nothing really exciting about it now...

aliensoul_squire20
05-01-2007, 04:49 PM
Yea, it's a great album, but not something you can listen to all the time like, well Comatose, for example. Or UnderOath's "Define the Great Line". But End of Grey's a good album to go back and listen to again. I think songs like "Break Free" "Life Again" and "I'll Breath For You" make it very worth-while to go back to.

bob
05-01-2007, 06:42 PM
"I'll Breathe For You" is my favorite track off the album.

LeShep
05-01-2007, 08:20 PM
its playing alot here ... we have a 6 disc player
its decyfer down and skillet (collide,ay and comatose) then SDS finally awake and flatfoot 56

vary rarely does it get changed :)

bob
05-01-2007, 08:31 PM
I have an iPod that I listen to in the car, it works too. ;)

LeShep
05-02-2007, 06:56 AM
lol yup that does too but my teen carries mine :(